Dael Fry | Vital Football

Dael Fry

herringthorpe

Alert Team
Staff member
Former Miller loanee Dael Fry probably won't be playing against us on Wednesday after a terrible incident in Middlesbrough's game with Blackburn which his Manager, Neil Warnock, fumed that the defender came 'a quarter of an inch away from losing his eye'.

I saw the incident live on TV and I'm not saying it was done on purpose but it actually made me shout out when he fell to the floor. Awful.

Get better soon, Dael.

Attachments

• Dael Fry.jpg
    Dael Fry.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 0
He doesn't seem to have had much luck with injuries in his career, though thankfully, he escaped damage to the eye itself

Last edited:
I dont think there was any malice in the challenge, but that must've hurt.
Should have been at least a penalty in my opinion, and probably a red card too.

Imo it was a high foot and I'm sure anywhere else on the pitch it would have been a free-kick so I agree Digger it should have been a penalty.

05/02/21
Dael Fry has just been on TalkSport Radio . Said that the injury was an accident, and that his eyesight is back to normal now. He played in Middlesboro's last game (aganist Norwich) and seemed to be in good spirits

05/02/21
Dael Fry has just been on TalkSport Radio . Said that the injury was an accident, and that his eyesight is back to normal now. He played in Middlesboro's last game (aganist Norwich) and seemed to be in good spirits
He's been really lucky - so close to being much, much worse