Dad drags kid back to apologise - discipline | Vital Football

Dad drags kid back to apologise - discipline

Good on the dad for making him apologise that’s humiliating enough, I’m not sure the kid deserved it being recorded and plastered it over social media though. He’s a kid we all did silly stuff at that age - I did anyway.

Nope.

He deserved it . He has been lucky getting a modern day punishment of social media shaming..

My dad wouldn't have dragged me to the supermarket. Things would have been very much 'sorted' at home .

Nope.

He deserved it . He has been lucky getting a modern day punishment of social media shaming..

My dad wouldn't have dragged me to the supermarket. Things would have been very much 'sorted' at home .

Unpopular opinion, I’d take my dad giving me a whack over the backside in private than social media shaming.

In fairness for the social media balance, wasn't this the kid who went viral for being a twat in the first place?

My headphones are buggered so I couldn't listen, but saw comments about the dad's language not exactly being useful.

I'd say quid pro quo really in some senses and I guess that's what Melon is driving at. I get what you are saying though, but would the lesson be different if he hadn't taken him to the supermarket to effectively front up.

Unpopular opinion, I’d take my dad giving me a whack over the backside in private than social media shaming.

Not if you met my dad you wouldn't !.

I part jest of course.

Can't help but feel that we don't know what we want in society nowadays. We moan when parents don't take responsibility, then when they do....
Clearly the swearing bit is not ideal (as if the little darling doesn't know such words!) but as a parent I can empathise with his ...err....passion...about this situation.

Last edited:
Yeah, it's a mix isn't it. We let our kids swear freely....but call them when it's unnecessary and it's for the sake of it, if that makes sense. For my best efforts,, as people know, I'm online permanently for a job/computer - tech failures, server spazzes , computer loads something slowly (if even only momentarily) I probably shit/fuck/bastard about a 100 times a day, so I've never fooled myself they knew language from school and not the house lol

The dad was out of order and yes it implies 'what the kid was taught', but in his position with anger/embarrassment etc, I wouldn't have been Queens English either. So was he out of order - should we assume 'what the kid was taught'.

Difficult if you look for balance because it's a simple clip and we all - grab for an immediate stand point don't we.

Just read an article in the Daily Fail with a video of what the little shit was doing outside Asda to incur his Dads anger.

Doesn't say who did what out of him and his mate but in a nutshell they threaten to ' cut staff up' with an axe and threaten to jump on the staff members head aswell as good helping of the c word . All in front of shoppers no doubt desperate to get their lock down supplies in .

I stand by my opinion on the dads actions and say the young boy got away lightly (in public). And a bit of social media shaming is the least of his worries bearing in mind the public order offences he has just committed.

Just read an article in the Daily Fail with a video of what the little shit was doing outside Asda to incur his Dads anger.

Doesn't say who did what out of him and his mate but in a nutshell they threaten to ' cut staff up' with an axe and threaten to jump on the staff members head aswell as good helping of the c word . All in front of shoppers no doubt desperate to get their lock down supplies in .

I stand by my opinion on the dads actions and say the young boy got away lightly (in public). And a bit of social media shaming is the least of his worries bearing in mind the public order offences he has just committed.

If that is true, he deserves everything and young or not, he should be emptying bins for the rest of his life.

The dad should also belt the living shit out of him once home. I thought he was the twat who went viral (but again my headphones are canned) so couldn't listen. That changes it on the dad for me - I might need to calm down.

In that case, his dads fury was more than understandable and shaming the lad was most likely warranted if the lad had already given it large on social media.

I had no issue with his lad being taken to apologise, that is old school parenting that should still be done regularly in my humble. Same as some criminals being made to front up to victims of their crime so they can see the other side (before being sent to my camp !!!!!!!)

Not quite sure how we have strayed so far off topic here though and I guess we should have done this as a separate thread, as it is an interesting discussion.

If that is true, he deserves everything and young or not, he should be emptying bins for the rest of his life.

The dad should also belt the living shit out of him once home. I thought he was the twat who went viral (but again my headphones are canned) so couldn't listen. That changes it on the dad for me - I might need to calm down.

Unfortunately true .

If he was mine I would do worse than swear at him in public and post it on social media.

https://mol.im/a/8218001#v-4597332902646794837

Last edited:
Moved as it is a good discussion point this.

The lads need totally re-educating, they are obviously young and very stupid, have watched too much tv and think they are gangsters.

The staff did well not to lose their tempers and handle them themselves, in my dad as a kid (70's) you'd have got a flip for sure.

Nope.

Having read the full story I now agree with you, the kid is vile and deserves it. I said we all did silly things as kids but that’s not silly that’s bad.

They should have made the lads make right, by making them do some work around the place. But I guess they wouldn't want the little twerps!

I remember the flipside of this sort of thing, not entered my mind in years! The local diy shop used to do balsa wood, I used to buy it to make models. I went one day and an old guy in the wood section refused to serve my friend and I, saying we'd stole from them. We hadn't, so went home a bit shocked and told dad. He marched us down there, having made sure our stories were correct, asked the old git for his side, he made some bumbling excuse and admitted it wasn't true, and dad - who is very controlled and gentlemanly - left him in no doubt the error of his ways!

(No idea what corner of the brain that story just sprang from to be honest, bet I've not thought about that for 40 years!)