D*rby to be relegated? | Page 270 | Vital Football

D*rby to be relegated?

What really surprises me is that in all the discussions regarding Appleby this, and Ashley that, none of the sheep shaggin idiots ever mention the £36m they owe HMRC. Personally I think it should be possible for every tax payer in this country to be given access to how much we’re going to have to pay to save the monumentally important bastion of world football that is Derby County. HMRC should absolutely ensure they recover every penny plus interest or liquidate the bastards. Get on with it!

What really surprises me is that in all the discussions regarding Appleby this, and Ashley that, none of the sheep shaggin idiots ever mention the £36m they owe HMRC. Personally I think it should be possible for every tax payer in this country to be given access to how much we’re going to have to pay to save the monumentally important bastion of world football that is Derby County. HMRC should absolutely ensure they recover every penny plus interest or liquidate the bastards. Get on with it!
It’s about £27m and if Kirchner had been genuine, he had agreed that it would be paid in full albeit in instalments.

With Appleby and Ashley both offering significantly less it is back to the drawing board.

HMRC’s stance is that they want and expect full payment on the same terms as anyone else who is a ‘preferred creditor’. The problem now is that there is a very real prospect that even the ‘preferred creditors’ won’t be paid in full because the money just isn’t there.

It’s about £27m and if Kirchner had been genuine, he had agreed that it would be paid in full albeit in instalments.

With Appleby and Ashley both offering significantly less it is back to the drawing board.

HMRC’s stance is that they want and expect full payment on the same terms as anyone else who is a ‘preferred creditor’. The problem now is that there is a very real prospect that even the ‘preferred creditors’ won’t be paid in full because the money just isn’t there.
Whether it’s £27m or £36m why as a preferred creditor, (secondary only to fixed charge holders MSD) are HMRC not included at the same level of preference as football creditors, who have to receive 100% for the sheep to retain their golden share?

Whether it’s £27m or £36m why as a preferred creditor, (secondary only to fixed charge holders MSD) are HMRC not included at the same level of preference as football creditors, who have to receive 100% for the sheep to retain their golden share?
They are now. That’s the whole point. The only people who will get all of their money is MSD and that is because the debt to them is secured against the ground.

The offers on the table won’t pay the football creditors or HMRC in full and the non- preferred creditors will potentially get nothing at all.

The EFL have the option to either withhold the golden share or give a 15 point penalty.

As I said, Kirchner made a lot of big promises which included paying HMRC and football creditors in full but in instalments with non-preferred creditors getting 35%. Nobody else is prepared to offer those amounts.

They are now. That’s the whole point. The only people who will get all of their money is MSD and that is because the debt to them is secured against the ground.

The offers on the table won’t pay the football creditors or HMRC in full and the non- preferred creditors will potentially get nothing at all.

The EFL have the option to either withhold the golden share or give a 15 point penalty.

As I said, Kirchner made a lot of big promises which included paying HMRC and football creditors in full but in instalments with non-preferred creditors getting 35%. Nobody else is prepared to offer those amounts.

Which is why they should be liquidated imo not a good precedent for the club not to pay the full tax liabilities and stay solvent. You get the feeling the efl will do almost anything to not be the one delivering the coup de grace but currently thats where the road ends. Cant have a club start the league without being sure it can finish. Anything goes wrong and everyone will sue the efl

Its the same old mess, nothing has changed apart from the fact the new season is a hard deadline no one can change. Seems to me like they have a matter of days left before a decision will have to be taken.

Which is why they should be liquidated imo not a good precedent for the club not to pay the full tax liabilities and stay solvent. You get the feeling the efl will do almost anything to not be the one delivering the coup de grace but currently thats where the road ends. Cant have a club start the league without being sure it can finish. Anything goes wrong and everyone will sue the efl

Its the same old mess, nothing has changed apart from the fact the new season is a hard deadline no one can change. Seems to me like they have a matter of days left before a decision will have to be taken.
The problem is that if they are liquidated then nobody gets anything and I think that is what the EFL are trying to avoid. It’s why HMRC have always accepted a lower figure in the past but eventually grew tired of it.

They definitely don’t have long to put some sort of solution in place and I am guessing it will be a solution that nobody likes.

The problem is that if they are liquidated then nobody gets anything and I think that is what the EFL are trying to avoid. It’s why HMRC have always accepted a lower figure in the past but eventually grew tired of it.

They definitely don’t have long to put some sort of solution in place and I am guessing it will be a solution that nobody likes.

The only one who could offer that was a fantasist. Imo its back to the drawing board with ffp since it hasnt prevented a shitty owner coming in, wrecking a club financially and walking away. Perhaps harsher penalties much earlier? No more extensions?

The only one who could offer that was a fantasist. Imo its back to the drawing board with ffp since it hasnt prevented a shitty owner coming in, wrecking a club financially and walking away. Perhaps harsher penalties much earlier? No more extensions?
I think it’s more a new EFL we need rather than FFP. If the EFL has policed it properly then it wouldn’t have happened.

I think it’s more a new EFL we need rather than FFP. If the EFL has policed it properly then it wouldn’t have happened.

I think they will have alot of questions to answer when the dust settles. Tbf to the efl, morris is such a squirmy little shit it has taken them what? 3 years to bring it this far?

Had the stadium valuation weeze not happened then they would not have been able to borrow more money than the real value of the club. Obviously morris is a snake but efl gonna have to get sharper to avoid another sheep shagger type fiasco.

Clearly the current rules are about as much protection as the withdrawal method. If the efl cant protect clubs from the unscrupulous mel morris' of this world then wtf use are they?

If the EFL has policed it properly then it wouldn’t have happened.
Absolutely spot on they bring these regulations in which are usually badly thought out if indeed they have been thought out at all. Some clubs decide there are loopholes in them that can be exploited, and the EFL then find that they haven't got the machinery in place to enforce their own regulations.
I remember when we had the transfer embargo under Fawaz we could still bring in players on free transfers as long as we didn't pay them more than £10,000 per week, and every time we wanted to sign anyone the EFL had to scrutinise the deal to ensure it fell within their rules. The problem was that they didn't have a system in place to carry out their checks in good time. The EFL are bordering on not being fit for purpose

I think this is the guy who was buying the ground anyway.

Not convinced there is huge wealth there and certainly not the know-how and wealth of Ashley

Charles Clowes who I presume is his dad, is shall we say " comfortable".

How do we know you are alluding to the right Charlie Clowes?

Is it the chair catching Herr Clowes from Mainz in Germany or Monsieur Clowes, the Belgian lager drinker from Mainz in France?

How do we know you are alluding to the right Charlie Clowes?

Is it the chair catching Herr Clowes from Mainz in Germany or Monsieur Clowes, the Belgian lager drinker from Mainz in France?
The Charles Clowes who has been in big property development for around 50 years.