D*rby to be relegated? | Page 268 | Vital Football

D*rby to be relegated?

he hasn’t has he? I thought they were currently loaning against the value of a stadium they don’t own & is already ridiculously over valued.

They are taking further monies via the charge against the Stadium via MSD holdings and have been all along - given that is 'Mel's' asset then he is funding it to some extent.

Rooney may well have taken a personal pay cut, but he most certainly hasn't paid the wages for DCFC.

Kirchener did not pay anything either, despite confirming he would - I have no idea why they just don't let Ashley take over?

Ashley wants the whole lot, but will accept a further 15 point deduction to get away with paying as little as possible.

If they have proof of funds they would possibly be allowed to sign players on frees if the EFL allow it although that is highly doubtful.

The 15 points wouldn’t kick in until they came out of administration.

Very odd though as yesterday they were trying to find a loan for June’s wages…

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sp...ews/new-derby-county-takeover-bid-7231492.amp

They have until March 2023 to complete any takeover and avoid liquidation (18 months from going in administration).

If they can provide proof of funding, presumably via season ticket sales, sponsorship etc - then they may be self funding given that the wage bill has been decimated.

Bielik will no doubt go on loan & a few other saleable assets will most likely be offloaded... not sure if Lawrence is out contract in a few days too?

They have until March 2023 to complete any takeover and avoid liquidation (18 months from going in administration).

If they can provide proof of funding, presumably via season ticket sales, sponsorship etc - then they may be self funding given that the wage bill has been decimated.

Bielik will no doubt go on loan & a few other saleable assets will most likely be offloaded... not sure if Lawrence is out contract in a few days too?
Lawrence and Davis are out of contract as are a few others. Other than Bielik though they don’t have much in the way of assets and there is no guarantee they will be allowed to sign players.

15 point penalty and a new owner is now the absolute best they can hope for.

Lawrence and Davis are out of contract as are a few others. Other than Bielik though they don’t have much in the way of assets and there is no guarantee they will be allowed to sign players.

15 point penalty and a new owner is now the absolute best they can hope for.

Indeed...

From what I've heard Davis may be offered a player coach role as a loophole.

I'm not sure whether they took an option of a contract extension on Lawrence, as they did with Buchannan?

Indeed...

I'm not sure whether they took an option of a contract extension on Lawrence, as they did with Buchannan?
I don’t remember anything about an option for Lawrence and there’s no way he would drop a league.

Big week ahead before pre-season starts.

In other news Burnley are talking to Wallace…

Indeed...

Buchanan extension is on same wages. A Lawrence extension would mean him being on £30k per week. Beilek may go out on loan and his wage picked up by loaning club but if he gets injured and out for more than an agreed time he would return to Derby and be costing a reported £35k per week. Very likely.

Indeed...

The good news for Derby is that according to Rooney ALL his players want to stay ! Will be interesting to see what happens on 1st July when their contracts are up, and of course Ryan Allsop has already left.

The good news for Derby is that according to Rooney ALL his players want to stay ! Will be interesting to see what happens on 1st July when their contracts are up, and of course Ryan Allsop has already left.
He may very well be right that in theory they all WANT to stay but with no money and League One football, probably with a 15 point penalty, they probably WON’T stay. Shame…

Buchanan extension is on same wages. A Lawrence extension would mean him being on £30k per week. Beilek may go out on loan and his wage picked up by loaning club but if he gets injured and out for more than an agreed time he would return to Derby and be costing a reported £35k per week. Very likely.
I am not sure who would want Bielik on those wages, particularly with his injury record. Going to be amusing watching them try to get him off their books.

Derby still need to sell. Beilek isn’t the only asset. Bird, Knight, Sibley, Buchanan and Stratton could still get them some money to clear debts and start again. Madness to turn down money for Sibley and Buchanan in Jan. They have to pay for the bus to take them to Mansfield, Grimsby and Leeds.

Derby still need to sell. Beilek isn’t the only asset. Bird, Knight, Sibley, Buchanan and Stratton could still get them some money to clear debts and start again. Madness to turn down money for Sibley and Buchanan in Jan. They have to pay for the bus to take them to Mansfield, Grimsby and Leeds.
But everyone knows that so they are not going to get much for them.

As you say they should probably have sold in January but I am not sure how much better it would have left them.

Beilek aside, I would love Forest to sign the rest for absolute peanuts and then loan them out to L1 teams that derby have to play.

Now being reported that at least 2 of the 7 'contracted' players at DCFC have sought legal guidance with regard to the validity of their contracts with our mutton molesting friends - clearly in an attempt to leave that sinking ship.

Now being reported that at least 2 of the 7 'contracted' players at DCFC have sought legal guidance with regard to the validity of their contracts with our mutton molesting friends - clearly in an attempt to leave that sinking ship.
Does sort of piss all over Rooney’s chips…

Unfortunately for the players, unless they are not being paid or there was a relegation clause, their contracts will still be perfectly valid.