D*rby to be relegated? | Page 81 | Vital Football

D*rby to be relegated?

Derby good value for their win today. Much the better team. Good all round team performance. Lack of depth to squad is Achilles heel. Lawrence is main goal threat. May need to sell to strengthen depth of squad.

Derby good value for their win today. Much the better team. Good all round team performance. Lack of depth to squad is Achilles heel. Lawrence is main goal threat. May need to sell to strengthen depth of squad.
Agreed but how mediocre were Bournemouth a real case of complacency if ever there was one 2-1 up at half time thought they only had to stroll through 2nd half.

If the sale of the club has not gone through by the end of the year, does it mean that the administrators can sell player's to help pay creditors in the transfer window?

If the sale of the club has not gone through by the end of the year, does it mean that the administrators can sell player's to help pay creditors in the transfer window?

They will have to, no other choice so they can pay the wages until the end of the season. That 671k they have in the account will not stretch far. I cannot see the sale going through by Jan.

15 points from safety with their goal difference. It is possible and while it is I will be happily cheering on whoever is 4th bottom and maybe 5th bottom too, just in case…

If the Administrators are still in charge come January 1st, players will have to leave just to finance future wage bills.

If the club have new owners players will still be leaving.

The owners will have to agree with the EFL to a business plan which is workable; that will mean at L1 levels.

Nixon thinks they have 83.4m of debt to secured creditors and 36.2m of debt, and they only have 160k of cash in hand at the bank.

If the Administrators are still in charge come January 1st, players will have to leave just to finance future wage bills.

The owners will have to agree with the EFL to a business plan which is workable; that will mean at L1 levels.

Nixon thinks they have 83.4m of debt to secured creditors and 36.2m of debt, and they only have 160k of cash in hand at the bank.
How much of that is secured against the ground? If the ground is owned by Mel rather than DCFC then it is Mel who owes the money rather than Derby.

Either way that’s a fuck tonne of debt they need to deal with so it’s going to be tough to find a buyer willing to shell out that sort of money on a Championship club, let alone a league one club.

How much of that is secured against the ground? If the ground is owned by Mel rather than DCFC then it is Mel who owes the money rather than Derby.

Either way that’s a fuck tonne of debt they need to deal with so it’s going to be tough to find a buyer willing to shell out that sort of money on a Championship club, let alone a league one club.

20m is secured against Club/Morris assets

20m is secured against Club/Morris assets
So he is going to want £20m for that alone to clear the charges on it. Ouch.

With debt at that level, I struggle to see anyone <sane> even considering trying to buy.

Mel has absolutely fucked that club over big style.

Love it

I may be wrong but I was under the impression that if a sensible bid came in for players the administrators were duty bound to sell to clear some of the debt and pay wages etc?

I may be wrong but I was under the impression that if a sensible bid came in for players the administrators were duty bound to sell to clear some of the debt and pay wages etc?
Unless they think the club is best served by keeping the players, as happened at Leicester. Can’t see that happening here though and they are already talking about letting Lawrence go on a free.

They will probably have to form a newco like Rangers and start again.

Problem is where do they start from? Don't think they'll be as privileged as Rangers to start from League Two.

Even Conference North might be optimistic.

That debt level is crazy. Plus the added bonus of legal cases from Boro & Wycombe. Can still see them going bust at this rate.

Cannot see anything coming of the legal challenges as existing punishments exist for the breaches through the EFL have been exhausted and now concluded with points penalties.

Problem is where do they start from? Don't think they'll be as privileged as Rangers to start from League Two.

Those numbers certainly make it more difficult for them to do anything else. Makes the effective asking price way above market value, with more expense needed right from day one and little to no chance of recouping the investment.

Despite the administrators’ bombast there is a very real possibility of Derby being wound up.

When Hereford United went bust in 2014 they started off in the Midland League prem (9th tier). Their first game was Dunkirk, away. It would be so funny to see them in a similar situation.

Administrator does have duty which may include selling players but not a fire sale. He may feel the business is more sellable with a decent squad. Lawrence is out of contract come next season and Derby are unlikely to be in a position to Renew contract in lge1. Someone like Buchanan he may feel club is best served by a different approach.

Its not that simple.

If a potential buyer has got to the non disclosure stage and has submitted a bid on how the Club stands on a particular day, the Administrators will have a dilemma on their hands.

If they go ahead and sell players on an ad hoc basis to keep things ticking over, they run the risk of frightening off the potential new owners.

It would be far easier to persuade the people who are owed money to deal direct with the new owners and, if necessary defer payments until the sale has concluded.