D*rby to be relegated? | Page 71 | Vital Football

D*rby to be relegated?

So does that mean DCFC accept the -12, on the premise that a deal can/will be done on the -9 being reduced and then the sale completes, getting them out of embargo?

Still a tall order to come back from -15, but if they can strengthen and not sell anyone in January they have a decent chance.

Not from what I can tell; it looks like Derby are on the verge of appointing a new owner.

Things have progressed far faster than the administrators first envisaged; the appeal, which looked like a possibility at one time is now a hinderance.

Having an appeal and another charge pending creates a level of uncertainty; the people buying the club do not want any uncertainty.

It looks like the administrators want the EFL thing put to bed so that the deal can be done and everyone can move on.

It is is no ones interests to let things drag on until January and players end up being sold out of necessity.

Not from what I can tell; it looks like Derby are on the verge of appointing a new owner.

Things have progressed far faster than the administrators first envisaged; the appeal, which looked like a possibility at one time is now a hinderance.

Having an appeal and another charge pending creates a level of uncertainty; the people buying the club do not want any uncertainty.

It looks like the administrators want the EFL thing put to bed so that the deal can be done and everyone can move on.

It is is no ones interests to let things drag on until January and players end up being sold out of necessity.
All of this may be right, bar the last paragraph, since I feel it is very much in Forest fans' interests were that to happen!

In really do despair at the intelligence levels of the typical football supporter.

Derby have just gone through a period of time which is about as traumatic as it gets; rather than focus on getting the right people in for the good of the Club, the majority of the support base on Twitter and other Social Media disgraces, are only bothered about how much money the new ownership have.

You are going to end up with a situation where the new owners are going to be under pressure to spend above what is allowed within their first month of ownership, and then six months later the real fun will start.

No allowance is being made for the three years of accounts which have not yet been filed and what action needs to be taken to get the club back on the level.

They really need to take a look at what happens when you have irresponsible, rich owners, like they have at Reading.

I suppose we are less than two months away from our very own post festive transfer meltdown; people in glass houses and all that.

Obviously a very complex situation for the Derby administrators to deal with, with so many imponderables.
The recent downturn in results won't have done them any favours. Every game that they fail to take 3 points from is another nail in their coffin.

In some respects you could argue that new owners may not want to take over til after the January window has shut.

Totally agree that they will want clarity over the points deductions and where that leaves them in terms of which division they are likely to be in next season but if they come in now fans will have expectations that they can stay in the division and that the new owners will spend to do that.

They would be better off with a 21 point deduction now and no ability to bring in players. That way the points deductions are done and dusted and expectation is tempered to the point of acceptance.

For all negotiations have been quick, as you say there is still the issue of the unfurled accounts and the resulting embargo so it will be interesting to see how that and the ownership of the ground unravels.

BBC are suggesting it is DCFC who are dragging out the EFL appeal process as they now claim it was covid that has put them in to administration. Did covid only hit Derby?
That’s what they have claimed all along. If I remember right the EFL created a loan fund to help clubs but they had to be able to commit to repayment. Derby were deemed to be unable to repay any loan so got nothing. An oversimplification but that’s basically what I remember happening.

That’s what they have claimed all along. If I remember right the EFL created a loan fund to help clubs but they had to be able to commit to repayment. Derby were deemed to be unable to repay any loan so got nothing. An oversimplification but that’s basically what I remember happening.
Nothing to do with repaying the loan back to Efl, they got refused due to being in an embargo. That is within aEfl rules.

Nothing to do with repaying the loan back to Efl, they got refused due to being in an embargo. That is within aEfl rules.
Fair enough. My understanding was that it was because the EFL weren’t happy they would pay it back but happy to be corrected. So much happening with it that it’s sometimes fun trying to keep up.

End result though is that barring a miracle they will be in League One next season which is nice.

In some respects you could argue that new owners may not want to take over til after the January window has shut.

Totally agree that they will want clarity over the points deductions and where that leaves them in terms of which division they are likely to be in next season but if they come in now fans will have expectations that they can stay in the division and that the new owners will spend to do that.

They would be better off with a 21 point deduction now and no ability to bring in players. That way the points deductions are done and dusted and expectation is tempered to the point of acceptance.

For all negotiations have been quick, as you say there is still the issue of the unfurled accounts and the resulting embargo so it will be interesting to see how that and the ownership of the ground unravels.

I for one think all the uncertainty is magnificent.