D*rby to be relegated? | Page 32 | Vital Football

D*rby to be relegated?

The embargo will not end as soon as the accounts are presented.

That will satisfy most of the issues which have resulted in the embargo, but it will still leave one big issue to be resolved; the 20m they owe to HMRC.

That in itself will be sufficient for the embargo to remain in place.
How do they get around £20m to the HMRC then?

Has Mel got any more football grounds to sell? Or will he sell the same one yet again? Or discover the sale three years ago just happened to be another £20m more than reported?

As their 1st team squad includes the bulk of their youth players I wonder if they will they be able to field sides in their respected youth set ups?

This is fantastic!

It could turn into a popular terrace chant, particularly the "hang the Rooney" bit

Stolen from the good people over at LTLF

https://www.forestforum.co.uk/threads/49676-Lee-Buchanan/page2

Panic on the streets of Derby
Panic on the streets of Chellaston
I wonder to myself
Could Derby ever be saved again?
The shit side-streets that they slip down
I wonder to myself
Hopes may rise on the Derwent
But Rooney Pie, you're not safe there
So you run down
To the safety of the town
But there's Panic on the streets of Chaddesdon
Darley, Sinfin, Allestree
I wonder to myself

Burn down the stadium
Hang the blessed Rooney
Because the football that they constantly play
IT SAYS NOTHING TO ME ABOUT FOOTBALL
Hang the blessed Rooney
Because the football they constantly play

On the shit side-streets that they slip down
Provincial towns you rob 'round
Hang the Rooney, Hang the Rooney, Hang the Rooney
Hang the Rooney, Hang the Rooney, Hang the Rooney.

what I find a little said is that im looking at direby players, thinking yeahh bid for him, they need the money; whilst at the same time, thats the situation we have put ourselves in every season too and having to sell off our young potentials.
Irrespective of transfer activity, to me, not selling any of our youngsters, including Woz is a huge step forward. Sell any of them and I will instantly think this new regime is as short sighted as the last.

https://www.skysports.com/football/...t-quit-but-demands-signings-before-new-season

"If we can't bring players in over the next two weeks I do not know how we field a team to start the season.

"I haven't got one centre-back signed to the club, there are two very young players in the U23s and U18s. It would be impossible for me to field a team."
They could have been in a worse position. Once a player has made one competitive appearance they are classed as a senior professional. Last season Derby fielded an u23 side in the cup so all of those players are technically seniors now.

Fortunately for Derby, the EFL gave an exemption because of COVID otherwise they would be treated as having sufficient players…

Off the field entertainment at Derby, surfaces again, as “Hang the Rooney” is photographed with several half naked ladies in hotel room. Coleen blames Vardy. Others walk away from scene of crime. Mel claims it was his accountants looking in some ladies clothing for another misplaced £30m. EFL are looking in to ways of giving DCFC 3 points, for unrivalled off field entertainment.

Got to make hay while the sun shines. If they'd just sell us Buchanan on the cheap it'd go some way towards redeeming this turgid window.

Maybe watching their slow and painful demise over the course of the coming season will actually be more cathartic than if they'd gone down last time out eh?
After the joy we got at the end of this season with them almost dropping, followed by the Tribunal decision and the stories emerging over the last week or two, this season could be a great one for Derby haters. 😂

Mmm schadenfreude…

Last edited:
Got to make hay while the sun shines. If they'd just sell us Buchanan on the cheap it'd go some way towards redeeming this turgid window.

Maybe watching their slow and painful demise over the course of the coming season will actually be more cathartic than if they'd gone down last time out eh?

This is the only achievable happiness that it is possible to aspire as a Nottingham Forest fan.

There's still the past -

www.youtube.com/watch?v=14xKg5lXWP4

My phone reminded me of this - maybe the best ever Forest performance? The build-up to most of those goals is jaw-dropping, and the execution matches it.

My memory of this was going to buy a Football Post and someone saying the score was 7-1. I didn't think that Forest side would lose 7-1 but that sort of away win???

There's a reason I hadn't listened to the game on the radio, but leave it for now. It was a high point.

If we can get back up, and we have the right sort of structure behind the scenes, there's no reason such high points can't come again.

The real reason Derby are not selling Season Tickets:

https://thisisfutbol.com/2021/07/bl...ieran-maguire-discusses-season-ticket-latest/

“So, the argument that they have put forward is that it is [pandemic] related, they don’t know how many tickets they’ll be able to sell. They are rolling over season tickets from last season for people who paid them, and they’re describing this as a free season ticket, which, I don’t quite see a rollover as being that.

“I’m a bit more concerned, and I don’t want to enter into too much detail, but suffice to say, that if you bought a season ticket using a credit card, it will be covered by section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act and if something went wrong at the club, then the credit card companies would be duly obliged to give you a refund.

“I don’t think this is good news for Derby fans. Yes, they will be able to buy tickets on a match-by-match basis, they did play against Manchester United recently, 8,000 people were allowed in Pride Park, which is great.

“But they had to go effectively pay on the day, or buy tickets a few days in advance. To me, this smacks of the credit card companies not having 100% confidence in what’s happening at the club.”