D*rby to be relegated? | Page 20 | Vital Football

D*rby to be relegated?

It gets better

Potential Derby County buyers are WALKING AWAY after discovering debts of more than £60MILLION
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...ebts-60MILLION.html?__twitter_impression=true
I actually see that as bad news for those who would like to see them fucked over.

The fact that their non-footballing debt amounts to almost all of it means that administration and a big points deduction is not on the cards at all.

They won't be liquidated.

Morris will end up selling and taking a big financial hit himself, while settlements will he made with the likes of Cocu.

I actually see that as bad news for those who would like to see them fucked over.

The fact that their non-footballing debt amounts to almost all of it means that administration and a big points deduction is not on the cards at all.

Morris will end up selling and taking a big financial hit himself, while settlements will he made with the likes of Cocu.

given how badly he’s run them I do wonder how much money Mel actually has as if he’s as terrible with money in his personal life, he’s probably wasted most of it.

Just read on Google that the rams could possibly go into administration. True this piece was written by a derby insider.

What makes you think that, Pope?

What makes you think that, Pope?
Which bit?

They won't be liquidated because it just won't happen. For every Bury there are 25 Bolton's. Ultimately, Morris will have enough assetts to be able to make a settlement over the debts when he farms it off for a pound. Whatever the cost may be, the cost of being the man who ended Derby will feel greater.

Almost all the debt (all but about £10m) is to protected creditors (football creditors and HMRC) so administration isn't an option that will make a huge difference

Which bit?

They won't be liquidated because it just won't happen. For every Bury there are 25 Bolton's. Ultimately, Morris will have enough assetts to be able to make a settlement over the debts when he farms it off for a pound. Whatever the cost may be, the cost of being the man who ended Derby will feel greater.

Almost all the debt (all but about £10m) is to protected creditors (football creditors and HMRC) so administration isn't an option that will make a huge difference

I read that close on two thirds of the debt - 17m to MDL and over 20m to HMRC are non football creditors.

The debt to Dell is secured against the ground but the HMRC debt, which is accruing interest by the day, is anything but secured; they come in right down the food chain - by the time Dell and the Players have had their cut there will not be much left.

Morris may well be a very wealthy man but most of that wealth will be tied up in assets; the businesses he owns will take up a good bit and even his private wealth will be tied up in funds and schemes which may not be that easy to get out of without incurring penalties; people of that ilk just do not keep 20m liquid for the rainy day - if he had that kind of cash sitting round he would not have gone to MDL in the first place, certainly not when he could have just slapped a charge on the Ground himself.

Given the situation at Derby, I just cannot see HMRC cutting them any slack.

For what it’s worth I don’t want Derby to disappear but I would like to see them struggling for a while with a season or three in league one for good measure.

One way or another I would be surprised if that doesn’t happen, particularly if they do go into administration which is starting to look more likely. They would certainly be better off taking all the hits at once rather than a deduction that sends them down and another that keeps them down but we will see.

They have played games with the EFL for a few years now and it’s fun to watch them finally start to squirm.

I agree Basha. We can joke and try and 'prove' our love for Forest and hate for Derby all we want but at the end of the day, the Derby fans are just people like the rest of us and I'd hate to see their love, enjoyment, etc taken away from them permanently. I really want them to get relegated one way or another though.

I agree Basha. We can joke and try and 'prove' our love for Forest and hate for Derby all we want but at the end of the day, the Derby fans are just people like the rest of us and I'd hate to see their love, enjoyment, etc taken away from them permanently. I really want them to get relegated one way or another though.
There are clubs I would like to see disappear but Derby isn’t one of them. A good rivalry adds spice to a season after all.

Misfortune and heartbreak due to relegation and/or promotion is enough as far as I am concerned.

We would miss the games, given that we have no other sources of yearly interest.

What would be our Derby if the rams got relegated?

I think by distance it would be the Blades at 37 miles

We would miss the games, given that we have no other sources of yearly interest.

What would be our Derby if the rams got relegated?

I think by distance it would be the Blades at 37 miles

No this is a weird one for me. The further back in time we go, the more football meant to me. My interest in football has diminished a lot but I get more fucking nervous about the Derby game than I ever have, no matter how hard I tell myself that the result of the game doesn't make that much difference to my life