D*rby to be relegated? | Page 53 | Vital Football

D*rby to be relegated?

Think the owners deserve everything they get, but this is pretty sad for the fans and players. They are making a real go of it under difficult circumstances. Feel sorry for them, would be aweful to be in that situation and one there but for the grace of God. I for one would be more than happy to see Derby and us in prem, just to keep annual Derby fixtures. Think that's probably an outlier of an opinion though!

Think the owners deserve everything they get, but this is pretty sad for the fans and players. They are making a real go of it under difficult circumstances. Feel sorry for them, would be aweful to be in that situation and one there but for the grace of God. I for one would be more than happy to see Derby and us in prem, just to keep annual Derby fixtures. Think that's probably an outlier of an opinion though!

That was my sentiment when I first heard the news Mike; despite the rivalry, no one wants that to happen to any club.

However, can you imagine my dismay when listening to the Radio 5 call in programme when driving back form the game yesterday, and supporters are calling in with remarks like "I am relieved we are now in admin".

When pressed for an explanation the caller said "well now we are free from debt so the club is saleable again" and that c * n t Savage agrees with the caller.

Some of these people think it is just a game; go into debt in an attempt to get promotion and then default on that debt when it suits.

That really is a shameful attitude to take, but it clearly shows how some people think when it comes to chasing a so called dream.

I was speaking with a Derby supporting friend yesterday who is of the opinion that there will be no quick sale of the Club, even with some of the debts disappearing through Admin.

It is till going to cost the guts of 60m to buy the club; all of the clubs assets have a charge against the outstanding debt, and then you have the football related debt which will not go away, neither will the HMRC debt.

I was speaking with a Derby supporting friend yesterday who is of the opinion that there will be no quick sale of the Club, even with some of the debts disappearing through Admin.

It is till going to cost the guts of 60m to buy the club; all of the clubs assets have a charge against the outstanding debt, and then you have the football related debt which will not go away, neither will the HMRC debt.
There's a possibility they could go under. I hope they don't though, as much as I want them relegated I still hope there's a club for the fans.

Collymore tweeted a while back (then deleted it) about him hearing things were really bad "Bury bad".

There's a possibility they could go under. I hope they don't though, as much as I want them relegated I still hope there's a club for the fans.

Collymore tweeted a while back (then deleted it) about him hearing things were really bad "Bury bad".
Bolton were Bury bad, but because they were bigger and their owners less malicious, they survived and are thriving.

Mel is not malicious and Derby are too big to not attract a buyer. They will be fine, eventually.

That was my sentiment when I first heard the news Mike; despite the rivalry, no one wants that to happen to any club.

However, can you imagine my dismay when listening to the Radio 5 call in programme when driving back form the game yesterday, and supporters are calling in with remarks like "I am relieved we are now in admin".

When pressed for an explanation the caller said "well now we are free from debt so the club is saleable again" and that c * n t Savage agrees with the caller.

Some of these people think it is just a game; go into debt in an attempt to get promotion and then default on that debt when it suits.

That really is a shameful attitude to take, but it clearly shows how some people think when it comes to chasing a so called dream.
Just sums up twats like Savage and his ilk. No grasp of reality outside football. A good friend of mine was taken for alot of money when Leicester decided to take the easy way out.

Bolton were Bury bad, but because they were bigger and their owners less malicious, they survived and are thriving.

Mel is not malicious and Derby are too big to not attract a buyer. They will be fine, eventually.
I think they'll be fine but the possibility is still a real one.

Derby are in a much worse situation than Bolton; the structure of its debt is far more complex.

There are charges against assets like the ground and training ground which will need to be unwound separately and the Administrator has little or no leverage with those debtors when trying to sell what remains.

It is going to take a buyer with very deep pockets and an incredibly creative vision to step into the breach at Derby.

If I were involved with Rotherham United or Wycombe Wanderers, I would be really furious about how Derby County manipulated the situation. Although I enjoy the rivalry with Forest, the integrity of the game requires condign punishment and several years of misery before there can be any sort of rehabilitation. It is not just reckless overspending, but concealment in the accounts, and, essentially cheating. It looks like Gibson at Middlesbrough will also get to laugh longest.

As long as we win every game and they battle relegation while we are at the other end of the table. Wouldn’t want them being too happy and successful.

Mel is a chancer though. With them being in admin it is largely out of his hands unless some of the secured debt is owed to him.

Derby are in a much worse situation than Bolton; the structure of its debt is far more complex.

There are charges against assets like the ground and training ground which will need to be unwound separately and the Administrator has little or no leverage with those debtors when trying to sell what remains.

It is going to take a buyer with very deep pockets and an incredibly creative vision to step into the breach at Derby.

who ever is appointed as administrator will have to tread a fine line of trying to recuperate some losses whilst keeping club viable. Viable isn’t the same as competitive but are linked. He may have to sell some assets. Can’t be ground, that has been sold. Could be training ground or academy assets. Most of players of value have been sold or contracts run down. They do have some tidy players in their U23 squad. A raid on players who are not in first team but show promise could hit the administrators parameters. Players like Hutch and Festy.

who ever is appointed as administrator will have to tread a fine line of trying to recuperate some losses whilst keeping club viable. Viable isn’t the same as competitive but are linked. He may have to sell some assets. Can’t be ground, that has been sold. Could be training ground or academy assets. Most of players of value have been sold or contracts run down. They do have some tidy players in their U23 squad. A raid on players who are not in first team but show promise could hit the administrators parameters. Players like Hutch and Festy.

There is a charge on the Academy assets; that is why it has been hived off into a separate Company.

Feel sorry for the fans and players? These are the only ones who will not be financialy burned for fucks sake.

If I were involved with Rotherham United or Wycombe Wanderers, I would be really furious about how Derby County manipulated the situation. Although I enjoy the rivalry with Forest, the integrity of the game requires condign punishment and several years of misery before there can be any sort of rehabilitation. It is not just reckless overspending, but concealment in the accounts, and, essentially cheating. It looks like Gibson at Middlesbrough will also get to laugh longest.

The EFL do not come out of this very well; there are questions to be asked if they are fit and proper for the job.

There is a charge on the Academy assets; that is why it has been hived off into a separate Company.

If we buy their academy, do we get all their academy players with it !? My iphone app says that Forest v Millwall is being played at Pride Park next week . Not sure who supplies the app !

The EFL do not come out of this very well; there are questions to be asked if they are fit and proper for the job.
Not sure anyone really comes out of this well. Problem is that it won’t be any of the main players that are worst affected by what’s happened.

That's good. Forest should buy the company running Derby's academy, and (i) nick their best prospects and (2) close it down, thus removing the prospect of good east Midlands kids ending up with the Sheep, and allow Forest to have the pick of them. It would be a sort of reverse of those adverts for the Remington razor, where Victor Kiam said that he thought the razor was so good, he bought the company.