D*rby to be relegated? | Page 275 | Vital Football

D*rby to be relegated?

Why has Rooney gone now rather than the day after Kirchener deal fell or the end of last season. What has happened this week that swung it? Clowned coming in and purchasing company that owns stadium is a positive for Derby. Morris out of the equation. Clowned is now clear as PB to clear decks.

Has Clownes said he isn’t willing to pay 25p in pound on debts and therefore -15. Has he said we need to sell some assets. Has this tipped Rooney. Or has he just run out of energy?

Why has Rooney gone now rather than the day after Kirchener deal fell or the end of last season. What has happened this week that swung it? Clowned coming in and purchasing company that owns stadium is a positive for Derby. Morris out of the equation. Clowned is now clear as PB to clear decks.

Has Clownes said he isn’t willing to pay 25p in pound on debts and therefore -15. Has he said we need to sell some assets. Has this tipped Rooney. Or has he just run out of energy?
This is what Derby fans are wondering and they are all kidding themselves that there isn't some sort of worrying explanation.

In theory this has been one of the more "positive" weeks for the takeover.

Just purely for entertainment which ex Forest manager would you like them to end up with?
I'll go with Megson for obvious reasons
My nadir watching Forest was seeing them lose to MK Dons, who did not then have a proper ground, so played at the National Hockey Stadium in Milton Keynes. Derby had just sacked Phil Brown, and the Forest fans' chant was, "Megson for Derby!".
There is a wide pool of unemployed ex- Forest managers. These include Mark Warburton, Alex McLeish, or even Derby County's previous promotion genius, Billy Davies! That last one would surely be almost as amusing as Megson.

Last edited:
It seems to me that the EFL are desperate to keep Derby in their leagues. They are one of the big players and for them to just disappear into history would be a huge blow for them. Somebody who they would find credible now owns the stadium and that is a big positive. This will be fudged somehow, you just watch and see
These Derby fans were right, there is an EFL conspiracy after all. However, it is a conspiracy to help them rather than damage them. Their fans are just too stupid to understand that.

There was a famous financial scam in the 1980s where lots of pensioners got swindled out of their savings by an investment firm called Barlow Clowes. I was hoping that this Clowes Group was something to do with them, but it looks like something different. At the moment though, for the reasons that everyone has put on here, the only transaction is that the ownership of either the stadium or the company owing the stadium has transferred. The club itself has no buyer, no assets, massive debts, including significant football debt and Inland Revenue debt that is effectively required to be repaid in full (albeit possibly on periodical payments) in order to come out of administration without further penalty. They also have no manager, no players, and no possibility of signing any while in administration. At the moment, there is no possibility of them being able even to put a team out in League One, let alone complete a season in it, and there is only a month until their first game is supposed to take place.

Derby County's additional problem is that the season is starting earlier than normal, and the League have to be confident that Derby County can finish its season. There is no reasonable basis for such confidence at the moment, and a Bury/ Rushden & Diamonds scenario is very likely. That being the case, the EFL will have to act within the next fortnight to expel them in order to stop its competition falling apart, and for clarity over which clubs will make up League One.

It seems to me that League One will only contain 23 clubs, and that clubs like Gillingham (highest finisher relegated to League Two) and Oldham Athletic (highest finisher relegated from League Two) will have legitimate grievances that the League did not act earlier, when they might have been reprieved (which is what Macclesfield got when Bury were relegated).

He;'s getting big pay cut, and the pressure is on now to perform as a manager with no resources.
Nigel had it tough there. Rooney has aged 20 years in the last 18 months though.

He's had his orders from the Mrs

There was a famous financial scam in the 1980s where lots of pensioners got swindled out of their savings by an investment firm called Barlow Clowes. I was hoping that this Clowes Group was something to do with them, but it looks like something different. At the moment though, for the reasons that everyone has put on here, the only transaction is that the ownership of either the stadium or the company owing the stadium has transferred. The club itself has no buyer, no assets, massive debts, including significant football debt and Inland Revenue debt that is effectively required to be repaid in full (albeit possibly on periodical payments) in order to come out of administration without further penalty. They also have no manager, no players, and no possibility of signing any while in administration. At the moment, there is no possibility of them being able even to put a team out in League One, let alone complete a season in it, and there is only a month until their first game is supposed to take place.

Derby County's additional problem is that the season is starting earlier than normal, and the League have to be confident that Derby County can finish its season. There is no reasonable basis for such confidence at the moment, and a Bury/ Rushden & Diamonds scenario is very likely. That being the case, the EFL will have to act within the next fortnight to expel them in order to stop its competition falling apart, and for clarity over which clubs will make up League One.

It seems to me that League One will only contain 23 clubs, and that clubs like Gillingham (highest finisher relegated to League Two) and Oldham Athletic (highest finisher relegated from League Two) will have legitimate grievances that the League did not act earlier, when they might have been reprieved (which is what Macclesfield got when Bury were relegated).

You can bet your bollocks to a barn dance that they will be as dodgy as fuck.

If they are not robbing pensioners of their savings they will be charging them 5 grand to have their chimneys repointed.

Rooney will be replaced by Sheriff Fatman.

I guess there are only so many derbyshire grannies u can service before running out of steam

Shame he never got 3 goals in 1 against ze germans as then everyone could congratulate him on doing that Gerry hat trick.

My nadir watching Forest was seeing them lose to MK Dons, who did not then have a proper ground, so played at the National Hockey Stadium in Milton Keynes. Derby had just sacked Phil Brown, and the Forest fans' chant was, "Megson for Derby!".
There is a wide pool of unemployed ex- Forest managers. These include Mark Warburton, Alex McLeish, or even Derby County's previous promotion genius, Billy Davies! That last one would surely be almost as amusing as Megson.
I was at that game too. Dreadful evening

was that the one on a cold jan / Feb midweek, sat in the open temporary stand, truly a low point for me
Yes, I think that was it. Definitely a cold winter's evening game. I had half a thought that we might have been standing rather than sitting, but whichever it was, have managed to purge that from my memory. I think something went wrong with the train back to London as well.
Here are the details of the game, for those who want to look at the dismal statistics and teams. You will see that it was ex- Derby player Izale McLeod who scored the winner as well.
https://www.11v11.com/matches/milton-keynes-dons-v-nottingham-forest-31-january-2006-222403/
Not many people would have thought when Nicky Eaden went off, never mind, Scott Dobie is coming on!

Yes, I think that was it. Definitely a cold winter's evening game. I had half a thought that we might have been standing rather than sitting, but whichever it was, have managed to purge that from my memory. I think something went wrong with the train back to London as well.
Here are the details of the game, for those who want to look at the dismal statistics and teams. You will see that it was ex- Derby player Izale McLeod who scored the winner as well.
https://www.11v11.com/matches/milton-keynes-dons-v-nottingham-forest-31-january-2006-222403/
Not many people would have thought when Nicky Eaden went off, never mind, Scott Dobie is coming on!
Unbelievably at least three of our line up that night went on to play in the Premier league!!