Cycling | Page 2 | Vital Football

Cycling

Very impressive, and with a strong team who all look fully fit.
Ineos look as though they are planning to peak for the Tour.
Sadly, Froomey may need a lot more time yet (if ever).

Ineos always priority number 1 TDF, Chris is remarkable and considering the crash he looks good to me , not at his best but I wouldn’t write him off.
In person he his a really pleasant down to earth guy.

Anyone else just seen that Remco Evenepoel crash at the Tour of Lombardy?

Looked very, very bad. Went over the side of a bridge and dropped what looked like at least 5 metres with quite a rocky landing.

Another bad crash for another big rider. In this case, arguably the biggest young superstar in the sport.

Massive relief to hear that he's conscious. Fingers crossed for a full recovery.

And now some fucking woman has somehow driven onto the course and poleaxed Max Schachmann.... FFS. Should never happen.

fooking hell Chronic........ that crash looks bad ......... and the dozy fooking motorist....... words fail me !
A couple of years ago a lady motorist pulled out of a junction ...... slammed into me ..... as I slid down the bonnet I thought my time was up !

Ineos announce Froome & G out for TDF , Bernal for the win in my pick.
Amazing if Ineos could get the hat trick.

Had thought about a cheeky little bet on that very outcome OG.....Worth a punt ?

As always with (sensible) betting, it depends on the odds you are offered.
Cycling is difficult to make a profit on at the best of times, but after the lockdown, coupled with crashes, illnesses and "off days" over 3 weeks, plus not knowing which of the other super stars are targetting which race, I would think it a very long shot at Ineos winning all three.
I fancy Bernal for the tour, but don't really fancy G in the Giro, or Froome in the Vuelta. However, as I find football much easier to make a profit on than cycling, it would probably pay to do the opposite to what I suggest.

By the way, as Froomey, has won 4 Tours, 2 Vueltas and a Giro - an absolutely stunning record - anybody know why he doesn't get anywhere near the public recognition he deserves?

Big big mountain to climb to win all three...... The covid con has fooked up all training but I suspect Ineos will be bang on the money re TDF time ......... hence my hunch on Bernal for the win.

Re Chris I think the media sometimes give him a hard time, especially in Mainland Europe.

As always with (sensible) betting, it depends on the odds you are offered.
Cycling is difficult to make a profit on at the best of times, but after the lockdown, coupled with crashes, illnesses and "off days" over 3 weeks, plus not knowing which of the other super stars are targetting which race, I would think it a very long shot at Ineos winning all three.
I fancy Bernal for the tour, but don't really fancy G in the Giro, or Froome in the Vuelta. However, as I find football much easier to make a profit on than cycling, it would probably pay to do the opposite to what I suggest.

By the way, as Froomey, has won 4 Tours, 2 Vueltas and a Giro - an absolutely stunning record - anybody know why he doesn't get anywhere near the public recognition he deserves?

All the adverse publicity over the TUE's would be my guess Biggles. Isn't Froome asthmatic ?

All the adverse publicity over the TUE's would be my guess Biggles. Isn't Froome asthmatic ?

Yes, he is classed as asthmatic. It always surprises me how many top sportsmen suffer from asthma!!!
And I think there was just as much controversy over Wiggo’s use of TUEs (or what was in the mysterious package), but he still seems to be revered. By no means knocking Wiggo’s magnificent record, but I confess to being a huge fan of Froomey and just don’t understand his lack of recognition.

1. He didn't get those be all and end all Olympic gold medals
2. He isn't properly recognised as British, probably rightly so
3. He wasn't the first Brit to win a grand tour
4. Less charismatic than Wiggins

He does deserve more status here. Best grand tour rider of this generation, and perhaps the best overall too.

He's phenomenal, and has a very strong mind. Anything that might have ever been perceived as a weakness, is now a strength.

I think he's probably won his last grand tour though. Shame he fucked himself with that silly crash last year.

1. He didn't get those be all and end all Olympic gold medals
2. He isn't properly recognised as British, probably rightly so
3. He wasn't the first Brit to win a grand tour
4. Less charismatic than Wiggins

He does deserve more status here. Best grand tour rider of this generation, and perhaps the best overall too.

He's phenomenal, and has a very strong mind. Anything that might have ever been perceived as a weakness, is now a strength.

I think he's probably won his last grand tour though. Shame he fucked himself with that silly crash last year.

Yes, I think you may well be right on all counts.

I’ve met him numerous times and my opinion is he’s a top bloke very down to earth , emotional but very focused.

I remember meeting his after the twats had thrown piss at him on the TDF ...... he was close to tears !

Archie in the picture getting his signature.
017F44F0-226B-45CD-A778-4EF398610542.jpeg

Last edited:
and now no Cav in the TDF....... perhaps my favourite cycling footage ...Wiggo leading out to stage victory in Paris.