Cycling | Page 3 | Vital Football

Cycling

World championship men’s elite race; what a cracker!
Great win by one of the great entertainers. Thoroughly deserved.

There's no one I'd have preferred to win the World Championship more. He's 100% the right winner.

On the last mountain stage of the Giro, they finished on the climb up to Cancano Dam. I couldn't believe this. It's a much lesser known climb that I rode 3 years ago when I was there doing Stelvio etc. Never expected it to feature in a Giro, let alone right at the end of it.

As for Tao...... wow. That was incredibly unexpected.

The Giro always seems to produce more entertainment than the Tour or the Vuelta. We were fortunate (and so was Tao!) that the Stelvio stage could be completed, and that shot of the climb as the riders approached it, was a truly stunning view.
Chapeau to you Chronic if you completed that climb. You are clearly much fitter (and younger) than I am.
Now, we look forward to l’Angliru on Sunday.

Yes, I did it from the side they did it in the Giro, from Prato - the longest and most spectacular side. I got up it in about 1 hour 40 I think. Wouldn't get near that now. Too fat.

Yes, I did it from the side they did it in the Giro, from Prato - the longest and most spectacular side. I got up it in about 1 hour 40 I think. Wouldn't get near that now. Too fat.

Excellent effort.
If you’re ever out in the peak district, especially in the Barlow/Eastmoor area, and you come across an old, overweight bloke going very very slowly, it could well be me.
Depending on weather, ride distance and which bike I’m using, I do occasionally wear a black United training top. If you see me, make yourself known and (lockdown permitting) I’d be delighted to buy you a drink along with a quick chat about the Blades.
:cheers: :guiness: