Cycling | Vital Football

Cycling

OurGert

Vital Squad Member
Another win for this talented rider at Milan-San Remo ..... chapeau Wout van Aert !

To win by half a wheel after 299 km of racing must be rather satisfying.
To lose by half a wheel (as did Julian Alaphilippe) must be rather frustrating.
I did check to see if Redders was in the race, but if he was, he never got a mention.

Good to see those 2 distinguish themselves and rise to the top like that. As always happens with the top riders in the classics.

Alaphilippe is a future legend. Ticks every box. Showed such balls on that descent. Much to admire.

To win by half a wheel after 299 km of racing must be rather satisfying.
To lose by half a wheel (as did Julian Alaphilippe) must be rather frustrating.
I did check to see if Redders was in the race, but if he was, he never got a mention.
I wonder if Redders has been doing a bit of scouting for Chris Wilder instead then mi owd pal?:giggle: UTMPB

Were you any good in road races OurGert? I was racing in the mid 60's for the Sheffield Sports CC. We may have raced against each other.
I did a little bit in Belgium...... just enough to tell me at best I’d just be ‘making the numbers up’ . I’m enjoying my cycling more now than ever ........and more interested in what’s round the corner than the watts through the pedals. Can believe some of the prices frames , bikes etc these days!

Having a bike build done at the moment, gone for a new frame, hopefully back on the road for the weekend. Not racing standard by any means, but thoroughly enjoy being out in the fresh air, wish I'd have taken it up years ago.......

If you are not a cyclist, you will never understand its attraction.
You realise you’ve cracked it when you stop looking for hills to avoid, and start looking for hills to go up.
Never been into racing (never been good enough) and never really understood the joys of time trialing, so have always cycled just for “fun”.
With age and my cancer treatment I’m getting even slower, but that makes it a little bit safer, and the pleasure of the beautiful vistas offered by the Peak District remain undimmed.
Add to that, the sound of skylarks, curlews and a myriad of other birds (that you don’t hear in a car) and there is nothing really that compares.

I'm a cyclist and I hate cyclists too!

No denying what a total pain in the arse we are.

I try to help out drivers, especially lorries, but it's tiring and I get sick of it all sometimes. Equally tiring is that a lot of drivers are just fucking useless - it seems like a majority. And the Peak District is just so fucking busy. Add to that other things like wind, roadworks, bike problems and my fucked up body and it's hard to muster the will a lot of the time. But I'm going to need to because I'm heavier than I've ever been and need to lose 2 stone....

You can pull into a lay-by and turn the engine off...

;)

There was a time when pulling into a lay-by wasn’t to listen to a bird singing.
Moaning maybe...................................
Sadly, nostalgia ain’t what it used to be - and neither is anything else.

Roglic stage 2 today Dauphine on fire:toot:
Very impressive, and with a strong team who all look fully fit.
Ineos look as though they are planning to peak for the Tour.
Sadly, Froomey may need a lot more time yet (if ever).