Current Squad: June 2021 | Page 11 | Vital Football

Current Squad: June 2021

Indeed Dean, Michael mentioned half the division have spent crazy money after the game and you can guarantee it will be the usual suspects who are already millions in debt.
But as you say the EFL do very little to the bigger clubs who do it but when Bury and the like do it the come down on them like a ton of bricks.
We have 23 players some clubs will have 10 or 15 more, how can that possibly be sustainable financially?

A lot of the bigger clubs won’t care even if it hit’s the fan at a later date. They know there will be very little punishment for hugely overspending. If they do a Bournemouth, a Wigan or a Bolton and wrack up huge debts, they can wipe the slate clean and start all over again.

Indeed Dean, Michael mentioned half the division have spent crazy money after the game and you can guarantee it will be the usual suspects who are already millions in debt.
But as you say the EFL do very little to the bigger clubs who do it but when Bury and the like do it the come down on them like a ton of bricks.
We have 23 players some clubs will have 10 or 15 more, how can that possibly be sustainable financially?

We look ok defensively and in midfield. Recent fitness and injury issues have highlighted how vulnerable we are up front. We have the basis of good starting eleven here. However can't help feeling we will be reliant on Bridcutt, Bishop and Hopper staying fit, we don't have a star loanee and a weaker goal keeper.

We look ok defensively and in midfield. Recent fitness and injury issues have highlighted how vulnerable we are up front. We have the basis of good starting eleven here. However can't help feeling we will be reliant on Bridcutt, Bishop and Hopper staying fit, we don't have a star loanee and a weaker goal keeper.

We have signed a striker on loan from a Premier League club.

How light is that squad really?

With the adaptability of the players we have two who can play right back, and three at left back if you include Roughan.

We have four centre backs (+ Poole, Roughan and Bridcutt in emergencies)

We have six players for 3 midfield positions - 3 of whom can play as CDM

We have six players (+1) for 3 forward positions including two centre forwards (3 if you include Draper)

With, I imagine, fewer games, spread over a longer time and with many of our players not even having started a game yet, I would have thought that's enough.

With the adaptability of the players we have two who can play right back, and three at left back if you include Roughan.

We have six players (+1) for 3 forward positions including two centre forwards (3 if you include Draper)

With, I imagine, fewer games, spread over a longer time and with many of our players not even having started a game yet, I would have thought that's enough.

Well obviously MA wanted a couple of extra bodies in up top because that’s been mentioned by him for weeks. Whether it will be enough to get us through to January and beyond, only time will tell, but it would have been great to have a few extra options should we continue with the current injury rate.

We have signed a striker on loan from a Premier League club.
Don’t be silly he has been written off already by some as not good enough. We also have an allegedly rubbish goalkeeper, weak fullbacks and no firepower without our 2 £10million rated loanees last year. We are obviously doomed to miss out on promotion yet again and have to settle for those pesky play offs. I blame MApp, Clive, Liam, Jez and the tea lady along with the club cat we are in such a bad place.

Don’t be silly he has been written off already by some as not good enough. We also have an allegedly rubbish goalkeeper, weak fullbacks and no firepower without our 2 £10million rated loanees last year. We are obviously doomed to miss out on promotion yet again and have to settle for those pesky play offs. I blame MApp, Clive, Liam, Jez and the tea lady along with the club cat we are in such a bad place.

Ha ha. Seems very odd doesn’t it? Trying to find fault where there really isn’t any.

Seems to me that there’s a quite ugly sense of self-entitlement in some Lincoln fans - it’s going to come as a nasty shock when we have a couple of bad seasons and experience a relegation.

Ha ha. Seems very odd doesn’t it? Trying to find fault where there really isn’t any.

Seems to me that there’s a quite ugly sense of self-entitlement in some Lincoln fans - it’s going to come as a nasty shock when we have a couple of bad seasons and experience a relegation.
Indeed these are golden days to be an imp! My first two seasons were 81/82 and 82/83 when we so nearly made the second tier this has been the closest we've been since.

Until January when I have no doubt we’ll add the lined-up new loans.

Update after the impending arrival of Archie Mair (spot the oxymoron):

Goalkeepers: (3)
Sam Long, 18 (June 2023)
Archie Mair, 20 (season loan from Norwich City)
Josh Griffiths, 19 (season loan from West Bromwich Albion)

Defenders: (8)
Joe Walsh, 29 (June 2023)
Lewis Montsma, 23 (June 2023)
Regan Poole, 23 (June 2023)
Jamie Robson, 23 (minimum June 2023)
Sean Roughan, 18 (June 2023)
TJ Eyoma, 21 (minimum June 2023)
Adam Jackson, 27 (minimum June 2022)
Cohen Bramall, 25 (minimum June 2022)

Max Melbourne, 22 (June 2022) on loan to Stevenage until January
Hayden Cann, 17 (June 2023)
on season loan to Gainsborough

Central Midfielders: (6)
Lasse Sørensen, 21 ('long-term' contract, minimum June 2024)
Max Sanders, 22 (June 2023)
Liam Bridcutt, 32 (minimum June 2022)
Conor McGrandles, 25 (minimum June 2022)
Ted Bishop, 25 (not known, minimum June 2022)

Lewis Fiorini, 19 (season loan from Manchester City)

Wingers: (2)
Hakeeb Adelakun, 25 ('long-term' contract, minimum June 2024)
Remy Longdon, 23 (June 2022)

Theo Archibald, 23 (June 2022) on season loan to Leyton Orient

Strikers: (5)
Freddie Draper, 17 (June 2024)
Chris Maguire, 32 (June 2023)
Tom Hopper, 27 (June 2023)
Anthony Scully, 22 (June 2023)

Dan N'Lundulu, 22 (season loan from Southampton)

Jovon Makama, 17 (probably June 2023) on season loan to Gainsborough

Total: 24
Contracted: 24
In on loan: 4
Out on loan: 4

Average age at 30 June 2021: 23 years 6 months
(excluding players out on loan)

I considered adding a further colour for players currently injured but would never wish to appear facetious. Much.

Average ages by position (excluding players out on loan):

Goalkeepers (3): 19 years, 6 months

Defenders (8): 23 years, 10 months

Central midfielders (6): 24 years, 4 months

Wingers (2): 24 years, 4 months

Strikers (5): 24 years, 2 months

Perhaps we should also exclude players currently injured to provide a more accurate age for those still able to walk.

If I were in a facetious mood, perhaps a more accurate squad list would be:

Goalkeepers: (3)
Sam Long, 18 (June 2023)
Archie Mair, 20 (season loan from Norwich City) INJURED
Josh Griffiths, 19 (season loan from West Bromwich Albion)

Defenders: (8)
Joe Walsh, 29 (June 2023) EXTREMELY INJURED
Lewis Montsma, 23 (June 2023) RECENTLY INJURED
Regan Poole, 23 (June 2023) INJURED
Jamie Robson, 23 (minimum June 2023)
Sean Roughan, 18 (June 2023) INJURED
TJ Eyoma, 21 (minimum June 2023)
Adam Jackson, 27 (minimum June 2022) INJURED
Cohen Bramall, 25 (minimum June 2022)

Max Melbourne, 22 (June 2022) on loan to Stevenage until January
Hayden Cann, 17 (June 2023) on season loan to Gainsborough

Central Midfielders: (6)
Lasse Sørensen, 21 ('long-term' contract, minimum June 2024)
Max Sanders, 22 (June 2023) RECENTLY INJURED
Liam Bridcutt, 32 (minimum June 2022) INJURED
Conor McGrandles, 25 (minimum June 2022) INJURED
Ted Bishop, 25 (not known, minimum June 2022) A LITTLE BIT INJURED
Lewis Fiorini, 19 (season loan from Manchester City)

Wingers: (2)
Hakeeb Adelakun, 25 ('long-term' contract, minimum June 2024)
Remy Longdon, 23 (June 2022)

Theo Archibald, 23 (June 2022) on season loan to Leyton Orient

Strikers: (5)
Freddie Draper, 17 (June 2024)
Chris Maguire, 32 (June 2023) INJURED AGAIN
Tom Hopper, 27 (June 2023) REALLY INJURED
Anthony Scully, 22 (June 2023)
Dan N'Lundulu (season loan from Southampton) RECENTLY INJURED

Jovon Makama, 17 (probably June 2023) on season loan to Gainsborough

Total: 24
Fit: 3
Injured: 21

Average age at 30 June 2021: 21 years 4 months
(excluding players with an obvious limp)

The worrying thing is the future. With the shortage of injured players available due to Covid and Brexit and the panic buying on over-inflated wages due to the lack of qualified limo drivers, where are our new teenage cripples going to come from?