Current N/G Events | Vital Football

Current N/G Events

That looked like ammunition, and it will be a miracle if the death toll stays around 10, although the Telegraph suggesting "akin to Hiroshima" says it all about the modern press.

It will be interesting to learn , over the next few days , the estimated yield of the main explosion. It certainly looks like it's flattened a large area , with blast damage throughout the city.

Nearly 3,000 tons of Ammonium Nitrate,confiscated,guy welding nearby,if this is to be believed.
Just wonder about the US warship wreck near Sheppey and the devastation that might cause if it went up.

There is an army base near Kineton in Warwickshire which is said to have the largest underground store of munitions in the UK. If it went up the blast effect, it is said,would be akin to a nuclear explosion.

Port is controlled by Hezbollah, so I wonder if they were hoping to do something with the seizure, which had been there for six years waiting the courts to release it.

Terrible and very frightening for the local population. Thoughts go to all those who have lost loved-ones. If the explosion site was a quasi military (overt to be covert) store for ammunition and explosives then the persons/s concerned should be ashamed and be made to answer for this awful event. Lots of suffering in Lebanon, they certainly could have done without this tragedy.

Just wonder about the US warship wreck near Sheppey and the devastation that might cause if it went up.

No expert but I wonder if the salt water would have degraded much of the munitions on the Montgomery . I was on a training course with divers who survey it regularly. They wouldn't comment on it. On the same course was a UN weapons inspector as well. I have lived a sheltered life compared to that lot.