Crystal Palace........ | Vital Football

Crystal Palace........

Forever yellow76

Vital 1st Team Regular
Anyone else going to this lovely ground in a lovely quaint town this saturday?!
ill be be there with my son. Think its been a good ten yrs or so since we won there so im hoping we can change this. Main concern is Zaha against our weak defence. Hoping Krul can make it but doesnt look good on that front. For me, Amadou must start playing CDM now and try to get a settled backline whoever the personnel is.

Anyone else going to this lovely ground in a lovely quaint town this saturday?!
ill be be there with my son. Think its been a good ten yrs or so since we won there so im hoping we can change this. Main concern is Zaha against our weak defence. Hoping Krul can make it but doesnt look good on that front. For me, Amadou must start playing CDM now and try to get a settled backline whoever the personnel is.
In the past I would have gone with my father but he is now in France and I in Yorkshire so will not be able to go which is a shame. I always hated going to Selhurst and we never seemed to get a win when I went

It haven’t been to Selhurst Park since 1996 when we won there 1-0 . After my expensive and disappointing trip to Burnley it’s time to top up the football funds and look for another away I can get to without a stupid Away Membership

I don’t understand this ticket queue business! Logged on site this morning to try for Bournemouth tickets. Got iPad set up ready to roll when ticket site opened (NCFC close it until 9am). I had my laptop as second device but at 9am decided to start log in again on laptop so was a minute or so late. I couldn’t believe my eyes when I raced through queue in 5 mins on laptop and got two tickets. My iPad, which should have been ahead of laptop, took 30 mins by which time tickets had all sold out. Luck of the draw I suppose.

It is a completely unfair system and I will have no part of it .

Funny how Bournemouth sold out in 30 minutes , yet not many fans wanted to go to Burnley ... which was just as an important game . In the end NC had to sell Burnley ticket s to anyone on the Saturday morning as after 5 days on sale it hadn’t sold out !

Yet on the Palace website they still have tickets in the home stands. I guess their plastic fans have all but gone.

On Palace talking to my mate he has said they have been dreadful this season and very defensive and could be the beginning of the end for Roy and maybe us winning could be another very significant nail in the coffin. I think he said they are struggling to score and are now looking to conor wickham who has been injured for years.

Now I am starting to think a loss at Selhurst will be a poor result. My Palace mate said if we play like we did against City and Newcastle then we will win as they struggle to deal with quick attacking football - you watch DF will go defensive for the first time ever. Apparently Zaha hasn't been doing much this season which means Palace don't.

Something I have heard from City fans who have been to away games is that we start brightly in first 15/20 minutes then die off so if we can get a goal in the 1st 20 minutes then build on it.

I would start Roberts I think this is a game he could have a big impact in. Stiepermann just too lazy

Also got to be Amadou in the midfielder but I think DF will go with the same lineup again

I think Bournemouth sold out because the allocation was only about 1300 if that. My Norwich born friend lives only 10 mins from ground and can hear the noise on match days.

I don’t understand this ticket queue business! Logged on site this morning to try for Bournemouth tickets. Got iPad set up ready to roll when ticket site opened (NCFC close it until 9am). I had my laptop as second device but at 9am decided to start log in again on laptop so was a minute or so late. I couldn’t believe my eyes when I raced through queue in 5 mins on laptop and got two tickets. My iPad, which should have been ahead of laptop, took 30 mins by which time tickets had all sold out. Luck of the draw I suppose.
I logged on at 9.04 by mistake looking at something else and it said 1hr wait at 9.04 so u did well!

I guess those with the most computers are the winners in this ridiculous lottery

Maybe. I have an ipad and a laptop. I have always used my ipad to get tickets, but as I was at home I decided to use my laptop too. I think it just depends on when you log in and then it is in the Lap of the Gods. Today it made no sense as I logged in earlier on the one device than the other, which then got the ticket. I won't feel guilty about it.

I am a frequent visitor to Bournemouth and have twice sat in the wrong end, one a 2-1 win and the other a 3 nil defeat, which was awful. I did not dare move for being kicked out.

I am coming over for Man Utd match before going over to Gorleston for a few days. Having already booked my Travelodge in the city for two nights, I hope I can get a ticket for myself. It is a lottery and I may not be so lucky next time. Such is the supporting life of an exile, which I am sure you will recall.

As fans we will do all we can to get to games , and I understand that as I will do the same . My criticism is not about what an individual fan might do , but is about a system that is allowing all this to happen . How can it be right or acceptable that the club has the affront to actually charge fans and encourage them to get into these dreadful dog fights to get tickets . I lay no fault with any of us fans but at the door of NC who have allowed this to happen while grabbing huge amounts of money from us for the privilege of fighting it out amongst ourselves

Hate the frigging place, all the times I have been seen 1 win and a draw, give it a miss this time, even had a row with Eddie Izzard outside the pub as he walked past and that was before the punch up started...No problem just another away day!

My son wants to get to selhurst park early too so we can see the team bus and he can try get some autographs. Last time we went my son had a selfie with russ martin, still lost the game mind lol

Is it just me or before a press conference does anyone else get the feeling of dread that another important player will have an injury?

I am sure Tettey is now out for a while - even if it was a small knock he is normally not a quick recoverer of injuries.

Aarons is back training which is good.

I do worry about Krul

If the players who were fit after saturday are still I would go:

Krul

Byram
Hanley
Godfrey
Lewis

Amadou
Leitner

Cantwell
Roberts