Crystal Palace........ | Page 2 | Vital Football

Crystal Palace........

Is it just me or before a press conference does anyone else get the feeling of dread that another important player will have an injury?

I am sure Tettey is now out for a while - even if it was a small knock he is normally not a quick recoverer of injuries.

Aarons is back training which is good.

I do worry about Krul

If the players who were fit after saturday are still I would go:

Krul

Byram
Hanley
Godfrey
Lewis

Amadou
Leitner

Cantwell
Roberts
Buednia

Pukki
Thats what id play, sack steipy off, honestly even during man city win he couldnt be arsed to get up with pukki when he missed, the nan never jumps for a header, we play with ten when he plays lately

So bad news Krul is defo out tomorrow. Could of weeks will be back after the international break

Fahrmann DF is not sure about he isn't 100% fit but late decision. Looks like Mair could be sub GK on the bench tomorrow.

Klose, Zimmermann, Hernandez, Vrancic all out too.

As I mentioned this week Aarons is back on the grass and will travel with the squad tomorrow so could be involved but will defo be back after the international break.

DF says Fahrmann only back in training today and he will see how he is after this and if okay then he will play but he is 100% confident with McGovern.

DF says Tettey out maybe back for Villa game and the same with Krul

So could be

McGovern

Aarons
Hanley
Godfrey
Lewis

Amadou
Leitner

Cantwell
Roberts
Emi

Pukki

Subs:

Mair - Byram - McLean - Drmic - Stiepermann - Hiese - Srbeny

but I think DF will be cautious and go

McGovern

Byram
Amadou
Godfrey
Lewis

McLean
Leitner

Cantwell
Stiepermann
Emi

Pukki

I think if DF goes with that we will be in trouble mainly because Leitner and McLean in the midfield means we have no real defensive mind or big strength in there. Also, Stiepermann is a passenger in most games. If Aarons is fit he must start but that is a little unfair on Byram but this is football

DF says that Zaha is the danger man and they have a plan to cut him out of the game and also he expects a fast start from Palace and we will be ready for them.....Hopefully we will not see Zaha score in the 1st 5 minutes

DF says that Leitner's injury did flare up after the Burnley game as he wasn't ready to play 80 minutes. Leitner is fine though and should be okay to start. DF did say that McLean can step up and play as a defensive midfielder. Sounds like it is McLean and Leitner --- I don't think DF has that much confidence in Hanley

Id much prefer amadou as a CDM tomorrow, we need some steel and pace in our mid section, im now thinking this could be ‘desmond’ scoreline as paul merson would put it!

Got to be clinical this season with our chances, obvious statement i know but when were so fragile at the back it makes this even more important. Cahill will be an issue for us when they have corners.......

Stop Zaha and we will stop Palace . Get Hanley in defence against him and as you say Amadou in defensive midfield

Got to be clinical this season with our chances, obvious statement i know but when were so fragile at the back it makes this even more important. Cahill will be an issue for us when they have corners.......

Hope you have a great time with your son and you see a few goals in the right end!!

Sounds a great idea for a stag do.
Great write up Tuckster.

I am not going to palarse today although I have been virtually every away game there since 1977 when I started to live in London for 12 years.
I only recall one win and am sure when we won in a large scoring game when I for once was unable to go due to a wedding and had regular updates from my brother.

Reason for not going today is not ' I am never going to that shit hole again ' as we all agree after every visit and failure to win but only got back from Arles last night although I considered driving back from Stanstead and getting 7.30 train this morning, it was a step too far.
As it happens Ryan shit air ( and I will never use them again ) had a 3 hour delay and I only got home at midnight totally knackered.

Tuckster. We had to pay for our own wedding so could not afford a big stag do or a honeymoon so went back to work on the Monday , 2 days after, but sounded a great idea to have a stag do on an away day.
The reason for our trip to Arles was to celebrate our 30 th wedding anniversary so it shows football obsession, major beer drinking and marriage can be combined :grinning::grinning:

Last edited:
Sounds a great idea for a stag do.
Great write up Tuckster.

I am not going to palarse today although I have been virtually every away game there since 1977 when I started to live in London for 12 years.
I only recall one win and am sure when we won in a large scoring game when I for once was unable to go due to a wedding and had regular updates from my brother.

Reason for not going today is not ' I am never going to that shit hole again ' as we all agree after every visit and failure to win but only got back from Arles last night although I considered driving back from Stanstead and getting 7.30 train this morning, it was a step too far.
As it happens Ryan shit air ( and I will never use them again ) had a 3 hour delay and I only got home at midnight totally knackered.

Tuckster. We had to pay for our own wedding so could not afford a big stag do or a honeymoon so went back to work on the Monday , 2 days after, but sounded a great idea to have a stag do on an away day.
The reason for our trip to Arles was to celebrate our 30 th wedding anniversary so it shows football obsession, major beer drinking and marriage can be combined :grinning::grinning:
Absolutely! Me & Mrs T will celebrate our 15th anniversary next April, maybe we can do an away day (as if she’d let me get away that cheaply)!