Crystal Palace v NUFC | Page 4 | Vital Football

Crystal Palace v NUFC

Aye, the takeover seems to have created a huge sense of anti-climax on here Ry.
Maybe's the interest will pick up if/when the dosh is splashed.

This is where I'm at because it just seems like we've only been taken over by name at present with the odd bit of communication hoyed in.

Once we get a new managerial set up and a transfer window that isn't full of lies and stereotypical Ashley-era drama, not to mention some planning permission or some actual building work going on. Then and only then will we be able to get away from the Ashley apathy that has ruined our ability to debate on the team.

I still believe it's the midfield where the real problems are, similar to the problems Liverpool exposed at Man U
Jones at least recognised this and tried to address it Sunday gone.

There is definitely a lack of cohesion between the midfield and the defence and I think that is where Bruce finally came unstuck in trying to give the fans the more attacking brand of football they clamoured for. While trying to get bodies further up the pitch it was just creating holes all over the place which resulted in teams running through us.

The back four or five do create their own problems for each other though but having said that I'm convinced that if Clark hadn't jumped out of position on Sunday he would have been much better set to hold Benteke off for the goal

A net spend of 173 million over 14 years but every goal conceded is Lascelles fault - it's fuckin comical

Last edited:
There is definitely a lack of cohesion between the midfield and the defence and I think that is where Bruce finally came unstuck in trying to give the fans the more attacking brand of football they clamoured for. While trying to get bodies further up the pitch it was just creating holes all over the place which resulted in teams running through us.

The back four or five do create their own problems for each other though but having said that I'm convinced that if Clark hadn't jumped out of position on Sunday he would have been much better set to hold Benteke off for the goal

A net spend of 173 million over 14 years but every goal conceded is Lascelles fault - it's fuckin comical
I agree.

We know it will take time we may even go down(hope not but there is a possibility). The last two seasons we have been bad/average at best. Our finishing positions flattered us. I would take 17th at the moment then push on next season.

We know it will take time we may even go down(hope not but there is a possibility). The last two seasons we have been bad/average at best. Our finishing positions flattered us. I would take 17th at the moment then push on next season.

Genuine question SM ,
since our promotion from the championship the last four seasons have seen us finish 10th-13th-13th-12th with a points tally of 44-45-44-45.

How can that pattern be construed in any other way than deliberate planning as opposed to flatter to deceive ?