Crystal Palace v Aston Villa - Sun 16 May - 12pm - Sky | Page 38 | Vital Football

Crystal Palace v Aston Villa - Sun 16 May - 12pm - Sky

There's no danger of city coming to take Luiz off us, positionally and defensively he is suspect.

He certainly isn’t going to replace Fernandinho that’s for sure. He’s the type of player we need with a bit of nasty streak. We’re all a bit too nice, even John. To be fair to Dean he was after Kelvin Phillips who seems to play that role.

I'ts been driving me mad for a few months and I was quite surprised when I saw it hadn't actually been that bad for us. I guess its more a case of us starting to panic when we see McGinn marking a 6ft 5 giant. Most of the time the ball doesnt reach the man
Yes mate, dont know if its an optical illusion or not but it always seems to be heading McGinns way.

He certainly isn’t going to replace Fernandinho that’s for sure. He’s the type of player we need with a bit of nasty streak. We’re all a bit too nice, even John. To be fair to Dean he was after Kelvin Phillips who seems to play that role.

Hard to find a lad like that these days and its another want I've seen on this forum for as long as I can remember. Especially in the Lambert days. I personally don't know what the roles are for midfield duo.

McGinn seems to be half on the leash and half off it, while Luiz generally seems to be more defensive he also seems to be told to join attacks. Marv would probably walk into that team if he could contribute to our attack but unfortunately, he is a pure destroyer.

If we had better attackers we could play Marv but as it stands you're pretty much forced into playing McGinn and Luiz because AEG, Bert and Barkley/Ramsey dont offer enough.

Anyone know how often we've won this season wearing that camo white Jersey? Not coming up with a fergie like excuse or superstitious at all but we've had stinkers wearing that.

I'ts been driving me mad for a few months and I was quite surprised when I saw it hadn't actually been that bad for us. I guess its more a case of us starting to panic when we see McGinn marking a 6ft 5 giant. Most of the time the ball doesnt reach the man
There's technically nothing wrong with zone or partial zone on corners and wide free-kicks. When it fails however that's the cue for it being over-analysed to death and a bunch of ex-pro pundits saying "it's not like it was in the old days."
Ours gets beaten generally with a ball beyond the back post man (Konsa) and the smaller "markers/disruptors" being out-muscled (McGinn) or beaten to the ball (Barkley, ElGhazi). For me, the simple solution would be to position Konsa another yard or two further back so he is not having to try and back pedal to get to the ball played in behind him, then if it comes shorter he has to run forwards to attack it (easier to do).

Anyone know how often we've won this season wearing that camo white Jersey? Not coming up with a fergie like excuse or superstitious at all but we've had stinkers wearing that.

Genuinely don't know, but my brain says it hasn't been lucky - which is annoying as I like the shirt lol

There's technically nothing wrong with zone or partial zone on corners and wide free-kicks. When it fails however that's the cue for it being over-analysed to death and a bunch of ex-pro pundits saying "it's not like it was in the old days."
Ours gets beaten generally with a ball beyond the back post man (Konsa) and the smaller "markers/disruptors" being out-muscled (McGinn) or beaten to the ball (Barkley, ElGhazi). For me, the simple solution would be to position Konsa another yard or two further back so he is not having to try and back pedal to get to the ball played in behind him, then if it comes shorter he has to run forwards to attack it (easier to do).

I'd say the best 'key' to zonal marking is always have big boys track big boys but everyone else rotates around the zones so no other side can roughly pin point a clear weak area. I'm no statto, but conceded chances from corners always seems to hit McGinn, Barkley etc where you know they are outmatched.

If the oppos are looking for them as opposed to their own players, we would improve if they aren't guaranteed to be in the same spot every time. That's something we can work on very easily - it's not something any opposition could counter without wasting hours of their life finding out the pattern of rotation.

Or for Konsa and Mings to vary their position to prevent any set piece counters the opposition are running. I swear Everton purposefully ran their man marked by El Ghazi between Konsa and Calvert-Lewin for his goal against us.

Genuinely don't know, but my brain says it hasn't been lucky - which is annoying as I like the shirt lol
I got the home Jersey and black Jersey this season but ...i just couldn't see myself wearing the camo one.... which I suppose is the purpose of the camouflage!