Crystal Palace v Aston Villa - Sun 16 May - 12pm - Sky | Vital Football

Crystal Palace v Aston Villa - Sun 16 May - 12pm - Sky

JuanPabloAngel

Alert Team
Last season... Henri Lansbury denied his finest moment in a Villa shirt, thanks to arguably the worst refereeing decision in the history of football.

At least Kevin Friend is not the referee for this season's game.

Chances of Christian Benteke tearing us a new one? Jordan Ayew to haunt us? Or Wilfried Zaha to give Dean Smith a job interview?

Erod Prediction League here: https://forums.vitalfootball.co.uk/...tal-palace-v-aston-villa.114283/#post-2770616

When did we last win at palace? Anyway cant see this lot bucking the trend. Grealish not playing for the umpteenth game.

Chuk HAS to play this one!

If Jack isn't starting, and hopefully we've seen the last of Barkley, what other option is there?

Chuk from the start and Jack on for 30 mins.

Obviously dependent on how tonight's game goes. Hopefully we'll be out of sight by half time and can bring him off.

We all know it will be the same team with Ramsey in for Barkley unless Mings and Cash are out. I think the stick that Dean takes he's always going to field what he see's as his strongest side I doubt that will include any 17-year-olds.
He wants as many points as he can get, can't say I blame him as the league position will be used to gauge him at the end of the season, good or bad.

The man hasn't got the backing of all the fans and some are waiting in the wings to beat him with a big stick should we lose our last 3 games.

Sad but true I think

Well i won’t bother watching as Lawro has us down for a loss.
His rationale being that Palace have lost 4 out of 5 but are not playing as badly as results suggest.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:.

He actually gets paid for writing this shit.

Well i won’t bother watching as Lawro has us down for a loss.
His rationale being that Palace have lost 4 out of 5 but are not playing as badly as results suggest.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:.

He actually gets paid for writing this shit.

He gave up long ago. I dread him turning up on commentary during international tournaments. I don't get how someone who so obviously doesn't care and isn't interested in any aspect of his job hasn't been sacked yet.

The way Cash finished yesterday I’d be surprised to see him again this season. That looked like a nasty hamstring strain.

So the question is do you play a 33 year old who is leaving the club in 2 weeks time, or do you play a quality youngster who we need to see if he can play at this level before next season, given that we have pretty much nothing to play for any more.

The answer is obvious.

Please Dean, don't let us down!!!

My team for this -

Martinez

Kesler
Konsa
Mings
Targett

Traore
Luiz
McGinn
Chukwumeka
El Ghazi

Watkins

So the question is do you play a 33 year old who is leaving the club in 2 weeks time, or do you play a quality youngster who we need to see if he can play at this level before next season, given that we have pretty much nothing to play for any more.

The answer is obvious.

My team for this -

Martinez

Kesler
Konsa
Mings
Targett

Traore
Luiz
McGinn
Chukwumeka
El Ghazi

Watkins
I'd be happy with that team, but we all know DS will start with Elmo and very likely Ramsey. He has shown time and again that he's pretty risk-averse and won't tinker with the side any more than he has to.

Looks like the Physio's are in charge of the minutes Jack plays. Deano said he managed to wangle another 5 mins out of them last night so he got 20 instead of 15 , so it's unlikely Jack will get much more that 20-25 the weekend.

We all know it will be the same team with Ramsey in for Barkley unless Mings and Cash are out. I think the stick that Dean takes he's always going to field what he see's as his strongest side I doubt that will include any 17-year-olds.
He wants as many points as he can get, can't say I blame him as the league position will be used to gauge him at the end of the season, good or bad.

The man hasn't got the backing of all the fans and some are waiting in the wings to beat him with a big stick should we lose our last 3 games.

Sad but true I think

I think he's always going to be under pressure from a small element of the fan base. No matter where we are in the league as soon as our form has a wobble they will call for the axe.

The answer is obvious.

My team for this -

Martinez

Kesler
Konsa
Mings
Targett

Traore
Luiz
McGinn
Chukwumeka
El Ghazi

Watkins

Might be a tough debut for Kesler having someone with the quality of Zaha keep running at him. Elmo isnt the quickest but he has the experience to know how to deal with it

Might be a tough debut for Kesler having someone with the quality of Zaha keep running at him. Elmo isnt the quickest but he has the experience to know how to deal with it

But does it matter? You've got to blood these players sooner or later, so tough opposition or not what have we got to lose? We've got 3 games to go and are definitely going to finish 10th or 11th. It's the perfect time to blood them.

If Zaha tears Kesler a new one, it's not the end of the world. He'll learn from it, and we'll know that he's probably not quite ready. Remember how bad Ugo's debut was?

Or he has a blinder for 3 games and we save ourselves a fortune in the transfer market.