Crystal Palace FC vs. Tottenham Hotspur | Page 7 | Vital Football

Crystal Palace FC vs. Tottenham Hotspur

Good weekend for us. 3 crucial points puts us on 27
Arse drop 2 points which puts 3 points of daylight (ish) between us.
Man U lose so don’t close on us.
Yes we are 5 points off City at the top but we can only dream.
We got through a really busy fixture pileup and have the International break (yawn)

Oh, and I can’t wait for us to finally ‘click’!

Do you reckon Morata was desperate for a penalty ? ,!
Everton showed us the way to unsettle them . Shame they haven't got a way to finish teams off . Bit like us at the moment
Gomes gave them a level of centre midfeild control I've never seen an Everton team have since kevin sheedy. I wonder if EX's prediction about him will come true..hmm could we do what we did with Alderweirld the deals not permanent:hmmm:

I thought that Gueye was the one who made it happen for Everton, phenomenal game from him.

Gomes gave them a level of centre midfeild control I've never seen an Everton team have since kevin sheedy. I wonder if EX's prediction about him will come true..hmm could we do what we did with Alderweirld the deals not permanent:hmmm:

Wanted him all along.

I'm crossing everything that all we did was delay the deal because we were so unsure of his injury and comeback potential.

If we are, getting him in would be an absolute coup - he just keeps showing his class for everton despite his lack of play - he's certainly getting fitter and better and shown he can handle the PL.

I remain hopeful, but I think he signed a whole season loan with Everton?

Ruthless we are not, and it’s one of the main reasons why we were trophy less at our peak. Too many draws. Your right about our luck running out soon, again just shy of 70% possession only one goal.

Our problem is that tactically teams simply pack their box and we're fighting 2 on 1 almost everytime in and around the area - I think we've got to take more gambles and commit quicker and push a midfielder as the runner into the box, but with Vic and Sisso (who did show well at times) they're not natural players to do it.

Was more hinting at our form in the Premiership when we were smashing teams by 3-5 goals in a lot of games. But you make a valid point as we didn't win anything.

86 points is being pretty ruthless IMO. By our standards anyway.

Historically to have a chance of winning the Pl, you have to get results against the rest of the top five/six - and you have to nick it away from home/take home advantage - it's the gap in quality between us and ManC/Chavs, perhaps even the bin dippers, which again comes down to cash spend....

These differences add up to tiny advantages on the pitch; but it's these think margins that create winning teams.

Quick shout out to our away fans - they were magnificent again on a really shitty wet night - the singing of Mousa's name (not hear for a long time) was a piece of genuine class.

Loved it.

But a tough night, said they'd be no push overs at home - just as I said they wouldn't be, and they really did put us under pressue at the end.

Quick shout out to our away fans - they were magnificent again on a really shitty wet night - the singing of Mousa's name (not hear for a long time) was a piece of genuine class.

Loved it.

But a tough night, said they'd be no push overs at home - just as I said they wouldn't be, and they really did put us under pressue at the end.

I feel a bit sorry for Palace and Roy, I'm not sure they deserve their position.

Our problem is that tactically teams simply pack their box and we're fighting 2 on 1 almost everytime in and around the area - I think we've got to take more gambles and commit quicker and push a midfielder as the runner into the box, but with Vic and Sisso (who did show well at times) they're not natural players to do it.

I don’t believe defenses pack their box more against us than for example citeh, pool & chavs, unlike them our attackers need too many opportunities to score one goal. So many of our promising situations often go unpunished and have little to do with the players in DM positions, it’s more a case of the indifferent finishing & interplay of those ahead of them.

Loved it.

Sissoko called up to French squad to replace Pogba and Martial I think. Can just see him breaking down now.

I don’t believe defenses pack their box more against us than for example citeh, pool & chavs, unlike them our attackers need too many opportunities to score one goal. So many of our promising situations often go unpunished and have little to do with the players in DM positions, it’s more a case of the indifferent finishing & interplay of those ahead of them.
How many of those side have had 13 different players out injured at some point in the first 3 month of the season? How many games have our two most creative players played together so far this season?

All the best teams USED TO BE plodding through the games, not letting goals in but consistently getting 3 points. Ok a good trouncing of a team now and then gets all our blood coursing but consistency is a great thing. It feels solid and less hit and miss than varying scores.

At some point, we need to stop making excuses.
I agree, but that point is when we have had a more settled side with a reasonable level of injuries. At the moment we have 6 players on the injury table, you obviously don't believe injuries impact performance which I find strange as that view is contrary to the rest of the football world.