Crystal Palace FC vs. Tottenham Hotspur | Page 6 | Vital Football

Crystal Palace FC vs. Tottenham Hotspur

When was the last time we won a game comfortably? Utd score flattered us imo so it's a genuine question.

Either way, 3 points is 3 points. To be on 9 wins after 12 games without playing to our potential once so far this season shows there's hopefully more to come. Injuries are getting out of hand though.

Fulham, maybe at a push.

But we didn’t close the game out till late on

If Christian isn’t fit to start a league game for us why are we not pulling him out of international squad

I think we'd better get used to playing like this for the whole season unless we add to our talent pool in January. Can't see us being able to afford anything worth while in Jan. Every time we needed to invest to kick on, we've been let down. With injuries and potential injuries, I can see us limping over the top 4 line.

I'm not fussed about how we played this evening. London derbies are rarely easy so 3 points are all that matters. But our luck is going to run out sooner or later if we don't start finishing teams off.

We were ruthless at our peak. We need that streak back. We clearly still have some kind of spirit and grit there still though. 9 wins from 12 games isn't an easy thing to do.

Ruthless we are not, and it’s one of the main reasons why we were trophy less at our peak. Too many draws. Your right about our luck running out soon, again just shy of 70% possession only one goal.

Hard fought win. Yet another game Palace should've got a point. Tough! A game of fine margins. Really pleased for young Foyth and hope he builds on the two match experience. Welcome to the PL lad. I do believe we missed Eriksen today to help us tick. Palace made more than twice our passes. May be our rotation has perhaps gone over the top or lack of cover is causing these squeaky bum wins!. I read before the match (Sky) Poch saying he wanted players to be fresh for their countries. Sorry, but his prioritising is wrong imo. here's hoping all injured make a quick return and the internationals return unscathed.

Seriously wanted them rested for international duty...! WTF!! I would say ok to this if we had like one or two dudes playing in the break...but it is like our entire flipping starting line up!

Our next three fixtures:

-Chelsea
-Inter
-Arsenal

These matches will give us a decent feel if we are going to be contenders or pretenders.

He did look pretty concussed to me from the footage though and there were rumours he was taken to hospital after the game so a little surprised.

Ruthless we are not, and it’s one of the main reasons why we were trophy less at our peak. Too many draws. Your right about our luck running out soon, again just shy of 70% possession only one goal.

Was more hinting at our form in the Premiership when we were smashing teams by 3-5 goals in a lot of games. But you make a valid point as we didn't win anything.

86 points is being pretty ruthless IMO. By our standards anyway.

City putting on a clinic on how to kill off a game. Just knocking it around the park with ease...and still threatening...scratch that they ice it with a goal.

Yeah, if there is one club in the country I absolutely despise it's City...and the Utd front three should be ashamed of themselves just standing around watching for most of the game...big attitude problem for Mourinho.

Was more hinting at our form in the Premiership when we were smashing teams by 3-5 goals in a lot of games. But you make a valid point as we didn't win anything.

86 points is being pretty ruthless IMO. By our standards anyway.

The yardstick for us that season was beating or matching what the chavs did, we did that in almost every facet of the game and were first or second in several categories. The only anomaly was chance conversion, where we ranked a disappointing ninth. Our inability to match & convert drawing situations into victories as the chavs frequently did was our downfall.