Crystal Palace FC vs. Tottenham Hotspur | Vital Football

Crystal Palace FC vs. Tottenham Hotspur

D

Departed

.....................................Lloris......

Aurier.............Sanchez...........Verts............Rose

............................................Winks

............................Eriksen

Moura..........................Lamela....................Dele

......................................Son but Kane will play.

.....................................Lloris......

Aurier.............Sanchez...........Verts............Rose

............................................Winks

............................Eriksen

Moura..........................Lamela....................Dele

......................................Son but Kane will play.
Is Verts fit?

Why would you not play Kane? lol

He's not as unfit as people make out, granted he is out of form but he's still the most likely to grab a goal than anyone else in the team.

Lloris, Aurier, Sanchez, Toby, Davies, Winks, Eriksen, Dele, Moura, Lamela, Kane

Another international break after this, need a win to keep us in a good position (somehow) going in the Chelsea game. Will be tough though and I can see a hard fought draw.

Palace are not necessarily going to be an easy team to play.
I would rest Kane especially after the Carabao cup win and remix of the team. I’m sure Pochettino can cobble together another winning formation. We have a good squad to pick from. Let’s just do it!
Maybe bring Kane on after half time.

As much as many have complained about Kane's fatigue and sluggishness, a half fit Kane is still abetter option (as shown time and time again) than anything else at our disposal. Therefore I expect him to start.

Palace really have two outlets for their attacks, Townsend and Zaha. Contain those two and job done!. For this Aurier may be a better option than Tripp.A fit Eriksen and Alli will give us the return to some normality up top. I'd continue to rotate Lamela with Son but would like Moura to start. The lad puts in an immense shift.

Palace are not necessarily going to be an easy team to play.
I would rest Kane especially after the Carabao cup win and remix of the team. I’m sure Pochettino can cobble together another winning formation. We have a good squad to pick from. Let’s just do it!
Maybe bring Kane on after half time.
If Son was in better form I might rest Kane, we need to win this game so he has to play. I would be looking to bring him off after 70 minutes though.

Palace gave Chelsea a bit of a scare at the weekend, so I wouldn't treat this as a walkover by any means!

Play the best 11 we can and hope to be able to hook one or two off should we ever have the luxury of a 3 goal lead ...but then we all know how that pans out!

Palace gave Chelsea a bit of a scare at the weekend, so I wouldn't treat this as a walkover by any means!

Play the best 11 we can and hope to be able to hook one or two off should we ever have the luxury of a 3 goal lead ...but then we all know how that pans out!

What is our best 11 though, factoring in injuries? In my opinion, the team we played against PSV, with Lamela for Son, is about as strong as we have. I would love to think that team would do the job against Palace but that is leaving Winks and 5 attacking players away in the Prem against an organised team. So for me, perhaps not the way to go but would like to see Lamela in regardless. That would mean that Eriksen, Dele or Moura steps down as well to accommodate Sissoko in the spine.

Tough selection.

I think this will be our seventh game in twenty days ,with only two "at home" . A really tough schedule . We should be looking at pulling as many players from their teams in the international break .
Sadly ,I think we have to play our best available team without having the luxury of resting anyone . Palace won't be doing anyone any favours and normally Woy has them organised at the back .
Keep a close eye on Zaha and Townsend and tighten up on corners and set pieces and its 3-0 to us with Llorente coming off the bench to score two after Harry puts us one up before half time

What is our best 11 though, factoring in injuries? In my opinion, the team we played against PSV, with Lamela for Son, is about as strong as we have. I would love to think that team would do the job against Palace but that is leaving Winks and 5 attacking players away in the Prem against an organised team. So for me, perhaps not the way to go but would like to see Lamela in regardless. That would mean that Eriksen, Dele or Moura steps down as well to accommodate Sissoko in the spine.

Tough selection.
I think Moura was taken off to save him for Palace, I wouldn't start Alli. We need to ease him back in IMO, playing two games in 5 days is too much of a risk. Sissoko is doing OK at the moment.

Sissoko def starts. He wasn’t used last night and on form deserves it.
I think Winks can do a good job at sweeping in front of the defence so no need for Dier/Wanyama (hopefully!)

Attack is the best form of defence right? ...right?!

Also, people slatiing Poch has for subbing Son off after subbing him on is ludicrous!

He clearly had a plan to not use him if necessary. Moussa got injured in the first minute, so had to do something. Then hooked him off to save him for CL and we needed to sure up at the back, so Sanchez was the obv choice!

Last edited:
I think this will be our seventh game in twenty days ,with only two "at home" . A really tough schedule . We should be looking at pulling as many players from their teams in the international break .
Sadly ,I think we have to play our best available team without having the luxury of resting anyone . Palace won't be doing anyone any favours and normally Woy has them organised at the back .
Keep a close eye on Zaha and Townsend and tighten up on corners and set pieces and its 3-0 to us with Llorente coming off the bench to score two after Harry puts us one up before half time

And so the debate opens again.

Spurs perspective, if fit for selection, there would be no incentive for Poch to bring Wanyama off the bench against Palace if it means 2 games in Africa. If I'm their manager and have games 5 and 6 in their ACON campaign, I'd want my international captain there. As it was Wanyama's other knee this time, perhaps Poch can see a benefit in him getting some game time in ACON before our big games coming up. Tough decisions.

Different with England. We have a pointless friendly first against USA at Wembley. The FA have lined their own pockets with the Rooney farce and could see a logic in not wanting our players involved. However, it's a massive match next Sunday against Croatia and having Dele on the bench and Kane starting is what England fans need.

Different again with Denmark, with the 5th and 6th competitive matches which would mean them getting promoted. Of course they would want their talisman, Eriksen, involved but I'm certain Spurs would rather him continue his recuperation.

Gonna be interesting to see which players get released for international duty.

Last edited:
Looks like Rose and Verts are out.

A London derby away, that midfield is wishy washy.

Would consider Foyth at DM, with Winks. If not then our only option is Sissoko.

Palace frightened le arse and chelski...they are a fast quick attacking team and are really rather unlucky...we will have to be at top form to quell them and grab a winner like last season a late 1-0 from Ericson will do me!