Crystal Palace 16:00 July 26th Tottenham Hotspur | Page 14 | Vital Football

Crystal Palace 16:00 July 26th Tottenham Hotspur

We cant act like a big club , we cant afford to yet .

So you are saying we couldn't get better than Winks and Sissoko? Sorry mate not having it. We spent 150m last summer. The issue is player recruitment isn't up to scratch.

I'm hoping Jose has a better eye than Poch who for me was very average in the transfer market.

We have been in the top 10 richest clubs for years now. We are the only club in the list that doesn't win trophies. Shock horror.

Not seen it anywhere on here but MOTD voted Son as goal of the season.,...and it was. running almost the whole length of the pitch. Strange that Wrighty and Shearer both anti spurs pundits actually agreed tacitly. Well well.

That's not true about Wrighty, Greaves. I remember him regularly singing our praises when we were in the top three contesting for the title.

So you are saying we couldn't get better than Winks and Sissoko? Sorry mate not having it. We spent 150m last summer. The issue is player recruitment isn't up to scratch.

I'm hoping Jose has a better eye than Poch who for me was very average in the transfer market.

We have been in the top 10 richest clubs for years now. We are the only club in the list that doesn't win trophies. Shock horror.

Nobody predicted Ndombele would turn into Onedumb5bellies. He was meant to be our MF answer. Gedson, Clarke and Sess were bought for development. Loco is ok but a poor mans Eriksen. Bergwijn looks decent but not settled or fit yet. Nobody knew Covid would scupper our stadium revenues which were projected to pay off our loans. Jose has already said we wont be spending big this window.

Nobody predicted Ndombele would turn into Onedumb5bellies. He was meant to be our MF answer. Gedson, Clarke and Sess were bought for development. Loco is ok but a poor mans Eriksen. Bergwijn looks decent but not settled or fit yet. Nobody knew Covid would scupper our stadium revenues which were projected to pay off our loans. Jose has already said we wont be spending big this window.

The central midfield issues have been going on for years.

Dembele was coming towards the end of his career back in 2018, Wana was injury prone for 2 years and Dier hasn't looked the same since 2017.

We had the time to find the answers but Poch did not deliver in the transfer market. Covid had nothing to do with past mistakes.

Regardless of the Covid situation now we will still have to spend money this transfer window. If we don't we will fall further down the league meaning further losses. The club will make that money back when things go back to normal.

Vorm, Jan already gone. I'm sure CCV, Foyth, Rose will all go and help with the budget. Selling Ndombele seems a cert. So there will be some funds available.

Jose will have to be smart. I trust his judgement over Poch that's for sure.

Sissoko did his best for us and gave his all...he should be remembered like that and when he leaves he can hold his head high...he did our colors proud.

But....

If we TRULY have aspirations of getting back into the top 4 and actually challenging for hardware...we need far better. (but as I have said over and over again...this isn't the only gaping hole we have on this squad)

Lol Celso a lot better than Erickson.

How many games has he played since the resumption ? the period we are placed 4th in the league. Have we been carrying a passenger ? I know he lacks technical finesse , no argument from me there. But I am trying to evaluate what he does offer, not what he doesn't. He continues to be picked by coaches with far more knowhow than those who question Sissokos worth.

So what is Sissoko ? Think beyond the derision and consider what top coaches see.
He averages 44 passes per game with 87% completion.
Not true that he gives the ball away a lot. His finesse skills do desert him some games but there are more games where they do not. His shooting is always poor. He bests the opposition midfielders almost every game, he puts them off of their game and that is vital.