Crystal Palace 16:00 July 26th Tottenham Hotspur | Page 12 | Vital Football

Crystal Palace 16:00 July 26th Tottenham Hotspur

At halftime Jose knew Chelsea were 2-0 up. He set the side out in the second half to keep it tight. Thats why we looked poor. Job done, onto next season now

34 years obsessing over the club. Born and raised in Ireland. When I started earning my own money I began making the trip 3 or 4 times a season. I know not quite the dedication of others on here but I'm far from wealthy.. maybe the more local supporters see the likes of me as inferior but I care a lot.

Maybe it's an age thing (nearly 40) but this season has really left a bad taste in my mouth and I have lost a little interest this season. To see Mourinho celebrating Europa qualification( an achievement in the context of his arrival to be fair) actually hurts a bit considering we were nearly there. The lack of proper player investment at the right time has cost us. It seems we are back where the club's ambition deserves to be.

Anyone that travels as you do is a HUGE supporter, never ever put yourself down; in relation to the % you spend of your income, it would put some local supporters in the shade.

Like you, I feel very flat and even a little empty this season; nothing for the club has gone well and we've fallen backwards and I fear we could even fall further - not a nice feeling.

Lloris, Dier and Davies are going to be regular starters next season probably add Aurier or replacement and one of Alderwireld/Sanchez then the centre mid options of Winks, Sissoko, Lo Celso and presumably Hojbjerg. Attack wise is really the only thing we have going for us with Lucas, Son, Bergwijn & Kane capable but they're hardly in the game on the ball because of the tactics. on the whole the side is really average/poor to win anything.

Over the course of next season we'll be lucky to challenge top 4

Anyone that travels as you do is a HUGE supporter, never ever put yourself down; in relation to the % you spend of your income, it would put some local supporters in the shade.

Like you, I feel very flat and even a little empty this season; nothing for the club has gone well and we've fallen backwards and I fear we could even fall further - not a nice feeling.

Yeah flat and empty is the perfect way to describe it. Also badly let down by a player we all hailed a beast when we signed him last summer. nDombele showed a little glimmer of excitement at times early in the season but ultimately was a flop. I can't stress how excited I was with that signing. Jose will bin him. I think he's chance is gone but I wouldn't bet against him coming good like Salah, De Bruyne , Martial etc

Winks does the simple things well, he is our 'accurate' water carrier that is our central hub, he needs to improve his offensive game. Winks can pass both short and long and he can even control a ball and dribble - in fact all the things that Sissoko cannot do.
But he creates nothing and his shooting is terrible...he’s like that line in a song “busy doing nothing” well, nothing creative anyway....we need better.

Yeah flat and empty is the perfect way to describe it. Also badly let down by a player we all hailed a beast when we signed him last summer. nDombele showed a little glimmer of excitement at times early in the season but ultimately was a flop. I can't stress how excited I was with that signing. Jose will bin him. I think he's chance is gone but I wouldn't bet against him coming good like Salah, De Bruyne , Martial etc

He'll come good, but not under Jose, which is why he'll be gone soon enough.

He will become the biggest 'one that got away' this club has seen in many a year!

I think you're right. A pity really becsuse his style of play is something we might not get much of under Jose. Exciting.

Mentally, nDombele, may be weak but Mourinho has this thing of breaking players who express there style on the field. He looked so dejected on his rare appearances. Mourinho has no time for maverick type players but the thing is ,we are so incredibly average around the field I think we need one.

A classic case of it doesn't matter how. I put today's very mediocre performance down to the pressure of the situation, but a top six finish and European qualification is a pretty good outcome from a very difficult season, and I'm sure that Jose will be telling us that for quite some time. He does deserve credit however for managing to motivate the team toward Europa qualification after the debacle in Sheffield. Whether many will be looking forward to watching paint dry for the foreseeable future, is however debatable. Hopefully a couple of good signings can help to totally re-energise the squad, that is badly needed.

I am not so gloomy about things.
Jose had a goal after CL was impossible and the lads got him that.
He will be fired up to win that next season. That's our route into champions league if the big four invest heavy again and we can't compete. Although I think top 4 is possible by taking Chelseas place.

I am not so gloomy about things.
Jose had a goal after CL was impossible and the lads got him that.
He will be fired up to win that next season. That's our route into champions league if the big four invest heavy again and we can't compete. Although I think top 4 is possible by taking Chelseas place.

I dunno man, they have already improved their first 11. Can't see it.

He must have got a big bonus.

The only thing we can say about his tactics are that we didn't lose, next year is going to be a whizz bang of a season; perhaps with a few additions and a new start he'll actually have us playing football next year?

I'm sick to death of Sissoko, he is a grade-A donkey summed up by him dummying himself., please God let Jose see he has to go, he is an utter waste of space.

We have better players not good enough in possession, who contrive to give the ball away regularly but do not have Sissoko's strength and athleticism to repel and retrieve. So waste of space he is not. He isn't good enough but then so are many others in the team. We have a group of players with many shortcomings, not just Sissoko.

That is a big relief. We can win UEFA and be in the Champs League the following season. Gary Neville was asked this evening about Man Utd having been awarded the record number of penalties. His anodyne response was that in his view "they were all penalties". The real question is what percentage of their claims for penalties were upheld by the refs. The answer is that they had the highest percentage upheld. Spurs would have been amongst the lowest and had we had fair refs Harry would have been in with a chance of golden boot if he had performed today.

6th is a fair result given what we've been through and the lack of top 4 talent in Serge, Sissoko, Winks and Davies.

After the Poch and Eriksen disease was eliminated, I wasn't confident we'd recover from 14th to anywhere north of mid table. Arse did us some favours by being almost as crap as us, but we had Wolves and Sheffield both having fantastic seasons.

Ah well, our Europa fate is still not sealed, but whatever will be will be.

So long Jan and thanks for the best years of your footballing life and amazing memories.

Jose gave it a red hot crack, but he was working with inappropriate 'tools'.

Lose the deadwood and rebuild.....seems to be our mantra after each season.

I suspect until we can see him for more than 15 mins at the end we will all be scratching our heads, all I know is that inside the club he is very highly rated - I'm at a loss as to why.
I honestly feel that Spurs is a club which overhyped its academy players to unbelievable level. Dont get me wrong, i would b first to want to see the next Harry Kane emerging from our academy but look at how we hyped Onomah, Carroll etc. Some of the fans too.
I agree that a player given more game time can possibly 'show' more but i dont see any quality in Skipp (after many appearances) which makes my heart skip a beat e.g.burst of pace, dogged 'in your face' tenacity, good long pass etc