Crown Vs Markles | Page 9 | Vital Football

Crown Vs Markles

Well done, perhaps the only other option that's even worse, nature abhors a vacuum.

But they don’t do anything. Put the money spent on them straight in to charity work. Done.

I have a patio chair in my shed, been there years. If I put it in a skip, my cat isn’t going to be sad. Nature finds a way to continue bro

I have yet to see a conclusive enough argument either way about the royal family as to whether they are a net financial gain or a net financial drain to the country, which would be a major determining factor behind whether I would support them or not.

Outside of this, I do find it difficult to support the concept of a royal family as its all rather archaic, illogical, kind of uncivilised and a massive contradiction to the supposed inherently British sense of fairness and claims to be the inventors of meritocracy.

Brexit was proven to be worse for us economically and yet the same half of the country wanted it. Now that half are pro royal because of the financial implications of removing them?
I can’t keep up

I have yet to see a conclusive enough argument either way about the royal family as to whether they are a net financial gain or a net financial drain to the country, which would be a major determining factor behind whether I would support them or not.

Outside of this, I do find it difficult to support the concept of a royal family as its all rather archaic, illogical, kind of uncivilised and a massive contradiction to the supposed inherently British sense of fairness and claims to be the inventors of meritocracy.

Here's one side of it

https://www.republic.org.uk/the_true_cost_of_the_royals

Easy, just think of the alternative. Yes it is somewhat paradoxical but the institution provides us with a fixed point. The fact they are there by utter randomness of birth does reflect some level of fairness in a system that cannot possibly be made fair.

Problem with the royal family is that they are an institution exactly like any other. They are built solely around the idea that the royal family must continue in the way their leaders want at absolutely any cost.
If one of them's a paedo and they have to protect him, fine, they'll do it.
If someone disruptive shows up, better get rid by any means necessary.
etc.
May as well have a pope in charge (no offence, pope).

Surely Harry is the most relatable of the lot?
I quite like him. I certainly feel sorry for him and wish him and his wife all the best.

Surely Harry is the most relatable of the lot?
I quite like him. I certainly feel sorry for him and wish him and his wife all the best.
Agree with this. Harry earned his medals 🏅as a serving officer with the RAF he should keep them, to have him stripped of military honours in my opinion is clearly wrong, and I say this as an ex military person.
Also agree that he's clearly the best of the lot. It doesn't matter whether he is a royal or not he still served and put himself in harm's way as servant of the Crown as is with all of us who served.
We all took the oath of allegiance to the Crown. Thanks for allowing me to have my rant on this subject.

Agree with this. Harry earned his medals 🏅as a serving officer with the RAF he should keep them, to have him stripped of military honours in my opinion is clearly wrong, and I say this as an ex military person.
Also agree that he's clearly the best of the lot. It doesn't matter whether he is a royal or not he still served and put himself in harm's way as servant of the Crown as is with all of us who served.
We all took the oath of allegiance to the Crown. Thanks for allowing me to have my rant on this subject.
He is being stripped of his military titles and appointments (the sort of thing only royals have), not his medals or honours

He is being stripped of his military titles and appointments (the sort of thing only royals have), not his medals or honours
I am still of the opinion that he is being made a scapegoat for the sins of his family👪. What has he actually done wrong except to support his wife ( I would 100% back my wife over the rest of my family).
Again it's my submission that he has done nothing wrong except to support his wife and children.

I am still of the opinion that he is being made a scapegoat for the sins of his family👪. What has he actually done wrong except to support his wife ( I would 100% back my wife over the rest of my family).
Again it's my submission that he has done nothing wrong except to support his wife and children.
True.

I can see the alternative viewpoints as well though. It is difficult because we can never see inside of these relationships

When I was younger I could take or leave the Royal family, had no opinion, it wasn't important, didn't matter. As I've got a bit older (well, perhaps a bit more than a bit) my views have changed. These days I feel quite proud to see that the Queen has served the country for 68 years, not like Harry who I think is a likable lad but who may be quite happy to walk away from the position he was born into, not like his elder brother who is doing a good job as is his wife.
None of us has a choice of what we're born into and personally I'm glad I'm who I am and not born as someone different.
And regarding cost I bet your Govt wastes more than that without even blinking.

When I was younger I could take or leave the Royal family, had no opinion, it wasn't important, didn't matter. As I've got a bit older (well, perhaps a bit more than a bit) my views have changed. These days I feel quite proud to see that the Queen has served the country for 68 years, not like Harry who I think is a likable lad but who may be quite happy to walk away from the position he was born into, not like his elder brother who is doing a good job as is his wife.
None of us has a choice of what we're born into and personally I'm glad I'm who I am and not born as someone different.
And regarding cost I bet your Govt wastes more than that without even blinking.
Its not the individuals that are the problem. The Queen is probably the very best royal we could have hoped for.
The problem is that people's thinking is so skewed on the issue. If we didn't have a royal family absolutely zero people would be calling for us to create one. However, just because its there, people think its right. I can't understand the thinking or logic behind it.

Its not the individuals that are the problem. The Queen is probably the very best royal we could have hoped for.
The problem is that people's thinking is so skewed on the issue. If we didn't have a royal family absolutely zero people would be calling for us to create one. However, just because its there, people think its right. I can't understand the thinking or logic behind it.

I doubt that logic comes into it, it sure doesn't with me, I tend to look at the other parts of the world at times and tend to think that we're better off than having a President or a Putin alternative or one of the other alternatives that give me the pip and in general don't work. And the older I've got the more certain I feel.
Over here in Oz we're still part of it and the current general feeling is more definite than ever in favour.
One thing for certain though, it's not for every one.

I doubt that logic comes into it, it sure doesn't with me, I tend to look at the other parts of the world at times and tend to think that we're better off than having a President or a Putin alternative or one of the other alternatives that give me the pip and in general don't work. And the older I've got the more certain I feel.
Over here in Oz we're still part of it and the current general feeling is more definite than ever in favour.
One thing for certain though, it's not for every one.

There is logic but its people logic, its different from other logic systems.

But they don’t do anything. Put the money spent on them straight in to charity work. Done.

I have a patio chair in my shed, been there years. If I put it in a skip, my cat isn’t going to be sad. Nature finds a way to continue bro

Doing nothing is doing something (u may have to think a bit).

If you replace the chair with nothing, the cat might get sad.