CROWD PREDICTION - Millers v Port Vale - Papa John's Trophy | Vital Football

CROWD PREDICTION - Millers v Port Vale - Papa John's Trophy

herringthorpe

Alert Team
Staff member
The Millers welcome Port Vale to the New York Stadium on Tuesday night for the next round of the Papa John's Trophy.

But how many fans will there be?

Scoring

10 points - spot on

5 points - up to ten away

Then it's 3 points for nearest, 2 points for second and 1 point for third

PREDICTIONS IN FOR 6.30pm on TUESDAY NIGHT PLEASE!

Oh heck this is tough. I think a lot of fans will give this a miss and save themselves for our cup game just three days later, so I reckon the attendance will be low.
Having said that I'm still no wiser, ha-ha. So I will guess at .... 2,438 ....

From what I've been reading on social media there are a number of Stockport fans who have bought tickets for this game to enable them to get tickets in the home end for the cup game. I'm doubting they will come on Tuesday (!) but will those tickets be counted in the 'official attendance' or will it be the numbers coming through the gates???

2,000 is my (complete and utter) guess.

That's very interesting Caz. So we can expect some trouble in the North Stand ?

And what address have they used because surely if someone gives an address in the Manchester area then it's a big indication that they are most likely Stockport fans. Or do they just make an address up and give a postcode starting with "S" ?

I don't know Nez - I would presume any tickets sent out would have to go to the address they've given. Then again my son lives in Tyneside and gets tickets sent to him and my daughter in Stoke gets tickets sent to her so .....

And I'm not saying there will be trouble.

No Caz, what I meant was that if they're coming to the New York to buy tickets for the Papa John Trophy game just so that they can purchase tickets for the Stockport game then wouldn't they collect both tickets while they're at New York?
But surely they would have to supply a local address to be allowed to purchase any tickets. Anyway, let's hope that there's no trouble at the game for everyone's sake.

I know when Boro played at your 'new' stadium for the first time, there was great demand for away tickets , and when they sold out a lot hit on the idea of getting tickets for the home areas.
I think a few managed to 'slip the net', but on the whole most of the tickets were cancelled - because of the TS postcodes and Middlesbrough area addresses .

Anyway - 2,702

Tony & especially his so called advisors,stadium manager haven’t got a clue about regarding attracting fans to cup matches There is still a COVID pandemic & tonight fans are corralled into 3 sections in the family stand. What happened to social distancing! True it’s saving on yellow jackets paid about £10.50 an hour for doing f all & snack bars which for service are absolute pants. I’m a season ticket holder in the west stand but I’m no mug. We are going to be outsung by Stockport on Friday & hope it doesn’t effect the player’s

The Official Crowd was - 1,560 - 148 hardy souls from Port Vale turned up

OK I make this

3 points are off to SIXPENCE who was +153

2 points will go to MERRY who was -160

and 1 point is off to MILLIE who was +205

BUT PLEASE CHECK I've got this right!