Critical development | Page 2 | Vital Football

Critical development

To be fair, Derby aren't really a good example. The Baseball Ground was way too small for the number of fans they have. A new stadium helped enormously with their attendance, a new stadium in our case wouldn't lead to a massive increase in attendance like it did with them.

It tends to add 5k+.

It depends really. We've added 5k just in the last couple of years through showing a bit of ambition.

Could a new stadium bring 30k regularly? Yes, probably

Probably one of the most interesting is MK Dons. Their stadium is very good but only ensures that any big club can bring more supporters than they have.However they have used it for various snooker events and use it for Darts events too as well as being a hotel /corporate events etc. Hence they appear to have good use for it but hasn't improved their performance on the field.
In fairness, they didn't have a starting point and it's not a true "new stadium" for Franchise FC.

It tends to add 5k+.

It depends really. We've added 5k just in the last couple of years through showing a bit of ambition.

Could a new stadium bring 30k regularly? Yes, probably

I agree that it definitely adds something. We, as a club are accused of 'living in the past' (and rightly so, I think). While some of us middle-aged and older ones think that the 'history' of the City Ground is of utmost importance, the younger lot don't agree. Will the older ones stop going if we move to a new stadium? In the majority of cases, NO. Will the young ones not bother going in the first place if we stay in an aging stadium (unless their parents get them into it)? There's a case to be argued, YES. You've then also got the ones 'in the middle' that would definitely prefer a new stadium with nice facilities.

I agree that it definitely adds something. We, as a club are accused of 'living in the past' (and rightly so, I think). While some of us middle-aged and older ones think that the 'history' of the City Ground is of utmost importance, the younger lot don't agree. Will the older ones stop going if we move to a new stadium? In the majority of cases, NO. Will the young ones not bother going in the first place if we stay in an aging stadium (unless their parents get them into it)? There's a case to be argued, YES. You've then also got the ones 'in the middle' that would definitely prefer a new stadium with nice facilities.

There's definitely one for you here, Ingy :grinning::grinning::grinning:

To be fair, Derby aren't really a good example. The Baseball Ground was way too small for the number of fans they have. A new stadium helped enormously with their attendance, a new stadium in our case wouldn't lead to a massive increase in attendance like it did with them.

It would revenue though if managed properly.

Didn't a part of the CG die for you when the TE did?

Anything we do with the current ground will be.

The number of club's who have been transformed since having a new stadium just underlines the importance.

like sunderland and bolton and wigan and direby and the like?

Should leave the stadium where it is, its about the only global recognition we get nowadays

Who spent the first 5 years in their new stadium in the Premier League, and one season subsequently

Who have consistently outperformed us on attendances (until VERY recently) and income since then?

Have you got any more good examples? I'll take Darlington and Coventry off you and raise you Sunderland, Hull, Wigan, Leicester, Middlesbrough, Man City, Swansea, Cardiff, Reading, Huddersfield, Millwall, Rotherham, Southampton, Brighton

hmm, those are half the examples I was thinking of to show that your theory was wrong lol oh well, perpspective I guess, Im not sure many of those have improved with new stadiums really, just had thier due moments and had investment on the pitch which would likely have led to similar success and failure.

Would really wonder does the person who spouting this rumour even know the geography of the city.

Same poster previously had advised that he was getting the train to burton to attend an opening season Match 2 days before an opening game against burton..sadly we were playing at home.

Would really wonder does the person who spouting this rumour even know the geography of the city.

Same poster previously had advised that he was getting the train to burton to attend an opening season Match 2 days before an opening game against burton..sadly we were playing at home.

He's a twat chap.

I remember him saying we were going Cat 1 about 6-7 years ago and the Emmanuel School would have a wing just for Forest academy players. Utter fruit loop