Crime and Punishment. | Page 3 | Vital Football

Crime and Punishment.

Wrong again. There are Catholics in the C of E who bear no allegiance to the Pope. Not all Catholics are Roman Catholics and where essential Catholic beliefs like trànsubstantiation are concerned you would recognise Good King Henry's beliefs as being much the same as yours. He was no protestant.
Look the word Catholic up on the web.Henry the eights beliefs are nothing like mine.It is true to say that those Bishops who under pain of death supported Henry could ordain Vicars,

I think you are the one who should be doing your research. Your views are at variance with just about every significant historian of the era. If your views are orthodox Roman Catholic the authority of the Pope is the only issue on which you would diverge from The Defender of the Faith.

You should know usually history is biased toward the Victor....If you disagreed with Henry it was of with your head....He looted and dissolved the monasteries and took their assets to himself.The Church of Rome is not without blemish but that is another story.

Am not taking Henry's side. He was what he was just as Saint Thomas More was a ruthless persecutor of protestants who felt it was a fine thing to burn their bodies to save their souls. We can have our opinions of things but should strive, insofar as it is possible, to build our opinions on the foundations of facts.

Give it a rest Bear you are wrong yet again I hope you got the facts correct in you teaching career.I have no doubt you are a good man just misinformed...

Words utterly fail me. You show yourself to be stubborn as well as ignorant. Take the trouble to check your facts.

So which facts did you find that contradict anything I said and what were your sources? Perhaps best to pm me so we don't bore everyone else.:tophat:
Although I already knew most of the facts just use your search Engine.One side of my family are Orange the other is not so I accept that both look from different angles. (As you say we will continue off this board but I think we should move on.Next time I post I will get back to Crime and Punishment.

I wonder if like other protesters of late they get a slap on the back.
Lately the punishment does not fit the crime disrupt thousands glue yourself down in the road ,break plate glass windows and walk from court with no punishment.They should make restitution plus a hefty fine or work instead.and the ones that have endangered life prison.

Last edited: