Crime and Punishment. | Page 2 | Vital Football

Crime and Punishment.

The point I was making an old fashioned Policeman knew his town and those in it.The Sergeant I referred to also ran the local scouts and was respected by all.He ran a tight ship.

I wish that old fashioned copper would pop into no 10 and haul the lying toe rag out by his ear.
Very few in both Houses of Parliament should throw the first stone non of them are perfect it is usually choosing the best of a bad bunch.

Very few in both Houses of Parliament should throw the first stone non of them are perfect it is usually choosing the best of a bad bunch.

It is not acceptable for a PM to lie in Parliament. He did it too is not an excuse. Shame on you Prem.

I do not know if he did or not or if he was economical with the truth or gilding the lily nor do you. Someone has a terrible choice of fixtures and fittings I would not give them house room.....I personally do not like his moral compass and he can on occasion be a buffoon.I like clever clogs Starmer even less and the SNP leader Iā€™d better not say.

I do know he has been proven to be a serial liar so his reluctance to answer a simple question to dispel the whiff of potential corruption is very concerning. This is not about wallpaper, it is about integrity and high handed arrogance. Still, he has his wallpaper at a time when folk living in High Rise flats still have dangerous cladding.

We are supposed to be a Christian Nation and yet last week we had a 74 yr old lay preacher handcuffed for preaching from the Bible. Two weeks ago we had a Catholic Church raided mid service over interpreting the rules, this should have been sorted after the service.Some of my views are from the last century but in my view still relevant.....Minorities should have there say and rights but some want over and above...

Some of your views are from the century before last but not all of them are misguided.
The vast majority of British people are not practicing Christians so it is time for the church and state to be disestablished.
Re the police breaking up that service, one wonders whether they would have acted so strongly had the church not been serving the Polish community?
France is officially a secular state and they are right to insist that no religious organisation imposes their values on society as a whole. Having largely escaped the tyranny that Catholicism has inflicted on Europe for many centuries, we should not allow allow Islam to replace The Inquisition.
The freedom to follow one's religion must be protected as must the freedom of us all not to have someone else's religious practices imposed upon us.

Catholicism is discredited against in this country as you should well know.Not perhaps by the general public but by the Political Establishment.

Catholicism is discredited against in this country as you should well know.Not perhaps by the general public but by the Political Establishment.

What do you expect if the likes of Tony Blair embrace it? :lol:

Boris Johnson was baptised a Roman Catholic but converted to Anglicans presumably to further his political ambitions?

Teresa May is a Catholic albeit Anglo Catholic rather than Roman Catholic.

Your favourite tyrant Good King Henry remained a Catholic to his dying day though he left the Church of Rome

Last edited:
Am mystified....tis a few hundred years ago since we last roasted a Catholic.:grinning:
You can have a non C of E Monarch providing they are not R.C.......
In the upper house you have a set number of C of E Bishops but they are not allowed to have one R.C. Cardinal . I could go on but the benefits and pitfalls of any religions are best left alone....It is far too easy to cause upset.

You can have a non C of E Monarch providing they are not R.C.......
In the upper house you have a set number of C of E Bishops but they are not allowed to have one R.C. Cardinal . I could go on but the benefits and pitfalls of any religions are best left alone....It is far too easy to cause upset.

You really must do your homework. Clearly 100 lines was not enough. Only a member of the C of E can become the monarch of our country. RCs are not alone in being excluded ; Baptists, Mormons, Muslims, Scientologist, Pagans, Methodists, Atheists, Hindus, Buddhists, Sikhs, Parsees, Greek and Russian Orthodox, Jews , Druids and Pantheists are all spared the misery of a dull life pretending to look interested as endless military parades pass by.

You really must do your homework. Clearly 100 lines was not enough. Only a member of the C of E can become the monarch of our country. RCs are not alone in being excluded ; Baptists, Mormons, Muslims, Scientologist, Pagans, Methodists, Atheists, Hindus, Buddhists, Sikhs, Parsees, Greek and Russian Orthodox, Jews , Druids and Pantheists are all spared the misery of a dull life pretending to look interested as endless military parades pass by.
In 1689 the bill of rights ruled no Monorch in the U.K.could be a Catholic or marry one ...Henry the eighth was given the Title Defender of the Faith prior to him butchering his wifes

Last edited:
Henry 8th remained a Catholic to his death but not a Roman Catholic.

Only an Anglican can sit on the throne. The monarch is also Supreme Head of the Church of England.

Since 2013 an heir to the throne has been able to marry a Roman Catholic.

Last edited:
Henry 8th remained a Catholic to his death but not a Roman Catholic.

Only an Anglican can sit on the throne. The monarch is also Supreme Head of the Church of England.

Since 2013 an heir to the throne has been able to marry a Roman Catholic.
Wrong he was Ex Communicated.,Time to move on good and bad on all sides ..History is a hard taskmaster let us leave at that.

Last edited:
Wrong he was Ex Communicated.,Time to move on good and bad on all sides ..History is a hard taskmaster let us leave at that.
Wrong again. There are Catholics in the C of E who bear no allegiance to the Pope. Not all Catholics are Roman Catholics and where essential Catholic beliefs like trĆ nsubstantiation are concerned you would recognise Good King Henry's beliefs as being much the same as yours. He was no protestant.