Crime and Punishment. | Vital Football

Crime and Punishment.

Thought this was about the book, which I read years ago but took me a good while to get through!

I had to be brief it tends to eject you after a couple of line. We need stronger sentences and in some cases flogging it is getting no one is safe .
Knife crime is rampant and so are muggings and yet our sentences are pathetic....You get longer for insulting someone than you would get for G.B.H....In many cases prison is no deterrent.....The criminal knows. the Judges are lenient frightened of upsetting the human rights and woke brigade......Unless we get tougher the criminals will win they have nearly done so already.

You do not need research watch the news read papers murders every day teenagers using knives ,You need education Bear you are out of touch like most dreamers.(being kind )

You do not need research watch the news read papers murders every day teenagers using knives ,You need education Bear you are out of touch like most dreamers.(being kind )

:lol: Everything the Daily Blackshirt says is true. The actual stats for violent crime, murder etc are readily available for those prepared to loom for them as is the family tree of our monarchy.:rofl:

Having served as Chairman of a Police Forum the statics are under stated and crimes down graded to meet targets.I am of course speaking of nearly 20 yrs ago but no doubt not a loot changes.You have to tick those boxes.

My friend from my school days served in the Military Police all to over the world upon retirement joined the Prison Service...He said when he joined the service most officers like him were used to discipline...Later graduates came in and are clueless, and prisoners started to rule the roost .human rights crap etc...

I assume you have extensive personal experience of prisons, Prem. Did you visit your mate Owen?
The annual homicide rate has risen by 32 per cent since the Con Dem coalition was replaced by a Tory government.

Visited Garth and Kirkham as part of an Official Delegation invited by the Governor at the time.....Never visited an inmate I am glad to say..Have You.

We need tougher jails.
What about road gangs and hard labour like in the US? We have plenty of roads to improve and potholes to fill. I agree the unequal sentences for different crimes is often totally illogical and too lenient in some cases.
One of the key issues is picking up people young and trying to keep them out of the system if possible (obviously the more serious offenders need to go through the system). Once young people get into the criminal system and a record it ruins their education and job prospects and they are much more likely to become multiple offenders. Before I retired from chairing the Youth Offenders Management Board we had utilised some early interventions to keep them from getting a criminal record. Even a formal police caution can blight someone's future. The police, school, local authorities, health, housing, parents / carers, youth offending, victims were all engaged on different partnership approaches. In the 3 years it had operated over 95% did not re-offend. Worth it in both the short term and the longer term.

What about road gangs and hard labour like in the US? We have plenty of roads to improve and potholes to fill. I agree the unequal sentences for different crimes is often totally illogical and too lenient in some cases.
One of the key issues is picking up people young and trying to keep them out of the system if possible (obviously the more serious offenders need to go through the system). Once young people get into the criminal system and a record it ruins their education and job prospects and they are much more likely to become multiple offenders. Before I retired from chairing the Youth Offenders Management Board we had utilised some early interventions to keep them from getting a criminal record. Even a formal police caution can blight someone's future. The police, school, local authorities, health, housing, parents / carers, youth offending, victims were all engaged on different partnership approaches. In the 3 years it had operated over 95% did not re-offend. Worth it in both the short term and the longer term.
I believe that when the Partnerships came in things got worse it spread the responsibility and made no one responsible .It was far better when they shared info but each was responsible for their own organisation.The Police. Force became the Police Service and an extension of Social Services accountability gone.Each organisations blaming the other when things go wrong with the response we will learn from our mistakes...(They neverDo)

I believe that when the Partnerships came in things got worse it spread the responsibility and made no one responsible .It was far better when they shared info but each was responsible for their own organisation.The Police. Force became the Police Service and an extension of Social Services accountability gone.Each organisations blaming the other when things go wrong with the response we will learn from our mistakes...(They neverDo)
Disagree. In terms of the young people I am talking about the easy option for the Police was to give them a police caution or take them to court, which does not reduce crime in the long term. Both blight the young person, when many can be turned away from future crime by the right type of support. And that support is not just from the Police but needs to be from schools, local authorities, carers, victims, etc that help address the causes of crime and behaviour, not just the outcomes. And it works.

I was surprised about 20 yrs ago to be approached by three men one of them said to the other two that I was the reason he spent time in a prison cell.Expecting trouble he stuck out his hand to shake mine he said I had reported his shoplifting to the local Police Sergeant who took him to the Local Police Station ,put him in a cell for an hour brought him out and gave him a good telling off.No cautions no record and he told me he had never strayed from the straight and narrow since,He said Thank You.