Cricket | Vital Football

Cricket

ayamonte

Vital 1st Team Regular
Interesting first day in Galle - England did well to fight back on a tricky pitch after a disastrous start....and what the Blade's best cricketer was doing when he lost his wicket was beyond me - completely reckless and not becoming of a captain.

........................just trying to change the subject to stop us all mithering about Friday :rolleyes:

Too true Aya.

Oh for a captain that sets the example, someone like John Terry, Wayne Rooney, Ian Botham, Tony Adams, Nobson ..........................

Too true Aya.

Oh for a captain that sets the example, someone like John Terry, Wayne Rooney, Ian Botham, Tony Adams, Nobson ..........................
Too true Aya.

lol what a fine list of captains................although to be fair to Bryan didn't things only start to go wrong for him after he retired?

lol what a fine list of captains................although to be fair to Bryan didn't things only start to go wrong for him after he retired?

He was captain off the field as well though, led the assault on the bar ably backed by his leiutenants Paul McGrath, Norman Whiteside etc etc.

It was a poor shot from our Joe Monte,you're correct but ya shud know you're not allowed to criticise this particular BLADE,even tho our cricket guru criticised Adil's shot when gerrin out late in't day.:yes: I dunt see what Sir Beefy's dun to mek that TT list wonderful Cricketer and all them charity walks,i wonder if he dint leave a tip at one of the hotels run by our resident Basil Fawlty,:giggle: but hey ho each to their own. UTCB

Last edited:
It was a poor shot from our Joe Monte,you're correct but ya shud know you're not allowed to criticise this particular BLADE,even tho our cricket guru criticised Adil's shot when gerrin out late in't day.:yes: I dunt see what Sir Beefy's dunt to mek that TT list wonderful Cricketer and all that them charity walks,i wonder if he dint leave a tip at one of the hotels run by our resident Basil Fawlty,:giggle: but hey ho each to their own. UTCB
The charity walks came very hard on the heels of the drug taking exposure.

Read the post "too true Aya".To most that would signal agreement but you really ought to be flattered,

Deflecting onto another subject rather than directly answering the point posed-classic TrueBlade tactic.

Yes Sir Beefy took a few drugs but the charity stuff more than meks up for that as did his exploits on the Cricket pitch Mother TT Theresa.Presumably ya dunt like any Rock stars that have indulged in drug tekin? Why dint ya answer why ya felt the need to have a dig at Adil a lower order batsman for playin a poor shot but neglected to have a go at one of the top 3 batsmen in the world and England skipper for a shot that was more reckless and at a time when England needed to push on? TT the deflector.:yes: UTCB

the Sri Lankan guy that got out by doing a dodgy reverse sweep and missing the ball did his team no favours either.

Too reckless these players nowadays - need a bit more patience and self-restraint

but with good intentions Bully - just trying to worry about something other than Friday at the moment............are the thread police on to me?

Yes Sir Beefy took a few drugs but the charity stuff more than meks up for that as did his exploits on the Cricket pitch Mother TT Theresa.Presumably ya dunt like any Rock stars that have indulged in drug tekin? Why dint ya answer why ya felt the need to have a dig at Adil a lower order batsman for playin a poor shot but neglected to have a go at one of the top 3 batsmen in the world and England skipper for a shot that was more reckless and at a time when England needed to push on? TT the deflector.:yes: UTCB
Taking me to task for not anwering your question, now I know I was right about an irony lobotomy.

However, unlike your normal res[ponses, I will address the issue.

Not critising Joe- I refer you back to the "too true Aya" comment-again.

However, ironically, (something you will not appreciate) you answer your own question with your statement "qt a time when England needed to push on". Exactly what Joe was trying to do and exactly why Rashid was wrong

Rashid, time of day, state of match, Foakes looking to get maiden century.

Rock stars,or anyone else, I don't condone anyone taking drugs. I suppose Jose Baxter would have been absolved from all blame, in your thoughts, had you liked him?

Similarly I don't think Cantona should have been allowed to play again after assaulting that fan

At least there’s no chance of me seeing the score on this thread before I see the highlights tonight when I get in

At least there’s no chance of me seeing the score on this thread before I see the highlights tonight when I get in
I'll not spoil it then Bully but it's a decent watch.
Masterful bowling changes and field placings by the skipper:p

I know we bowled em out as I’d left the app open on my iPad so saw we were batting :slap: but managed not to see the score

we got a few. Nice tribute to that Sri Lankan guy making his final test appearance - its a massive sport for them

Taking me to task for not anwering your question, now I know I was right about an irony lobotomy.

However, unlike your normal res[ponses, I will address the issue.

Not critising Joe- I refer you back to the "too true Aya" comment-again.

However, ironically, (something you will not appreciate) you answer your own question with your statement "qt a time when England needed to push on". Exactly what Joe was trying to do and exactly why Rashid was wrong

Rashid, time of day, state of match, Foakes looking to get maiden century.

Rock stars,or anyone else, I don't condone anyone taking drugs. I suppose Jose Baxter would have been absolved from all blame, in your thoughts, had you liked him?

Similarly I don't think Cantona should have been allowed to play again after assaulting that fan
Yeah that's really havin a dig at the skipper.:LOL:Joe's shot was pish poor and if it'd been anyone else you as our resident cricket/battin "expert" wudda slammed em,no ifs buts or maybe's,tha nowt bur a double eyed owd chuff where Our Joe's concerned,but hey each to their own.UTCB

Yeah that's really havin a dig at the skipper.:LOL:Joe's shot was pish poor and if it'd been anyone else you as our resident cricket/battin "expert" wudda slammed em,no ifs buts or maybe's,tha nowt bur a double eyed owd chuff where Our Joe's concerned,but hey each to their own.UTCB
In your endless quest to have a go you are even prepared to have a go at one of our own just to(attempt to) prove a point.

No comment on the Baxter question I see

Selective quoting

Selective memory ...................... but totlly indiscriminate, fulsome praise for owt that reinforces your True Bladieness that you're ceaselessly pushing down everyone's throats.

In your endless quest to have a go you are even prepared to have a go at one of our own just to(attempt to) prove a point.

No comment on the Baxter question I see

Selective quoting

Selective memory ...................... but totlly indiscriminate, fulsome praise for owt that reinforces your True Bladieness that you're ceaselessly pushing down everyone's throats.
Yeah cos you'd neva dream of havin a go at one of our own would ya Basil? Again PRICELESS.:yes: Jose Baxter's been a silly lad/man who will eventually realise he's let himself,his family and his ability darn,nar wor abart this pish poor shot of the England skippers? UTCB