Crewe | Page 3 | Vital Football

Crewe

Not a single shot on target in 90 mins
Welcome to a Sheridan team. Although it's not exactly his fault when some players in the team today played like they don't give one single fuck. Won't blame a player for quality, by will blame for effort, none at all. Viv was one of our only good players.

Welcome to a Sheridan team. Although it's not exactly his fault when some players in the team today played like they don't give one single fuck. Won't blame a player for quality, by will blame for effort, none at all. Viv was one of our only good players.
James made 3 or 4 good savs

I’m a bit confused - he took off Perry & Merrie and left on Massey and Evens who I think have played awful !.
In fact apart from conceding another goal, I think we are playing worse now
without the two young midfielders !.

That’s right blame this on the youngsters !

We looked slightly more creative when Merrie and Perry went off.
Not saying Evans and Gardner were good, but they were a bit better with distribution and interceptions.
Merrie and Perry have been quite good recently but today they were over-run.
Massey was very poor again, last week I gave him BoD but today he just looked like he couldn't be bothered, very poor.
Today we offered nothing going forward and were poor in defence but dire in midfield. Difficult to see where we go from here unless we get another centre half and or a creative midfielder plus a defensive midfielder.

Is it just me or does anyone else think that Pierce spends a lot of his time dashing up the left wing and doesn’t pass to midfield !, who he ends up well in front of, often as far forward as the far corner flag, thereby leaving us exposed at the back ?

Is this the sign of a selfish/clueless player or is it something he Is told to do by the manager ?

My view is pass the fucking ball and don’t leave us exposed at the back back boyo !

Sorry, but he was also dire, far too easily lost the ball and then didn't chase back or track the opposition. If he lost the ball he just stood there.
Has speed but that's about all, very little effort to get into the game or make some space for himself.

In 40 years following this team I have never seen the ball passed to opposition players as much as it was today. Just not good enough and absolutely zero attacking threat as a result. It’s going to be a long season unless these players buck their ideas up or we get some more quality in if and when the new owners take over. Really, really disappointing performance. Latics teams have always been known for their fight and never give up attitude. I saw very little of those qualities today.

Stand off at any level of football you will get battered. But can’t grumble to much signing players cast off and free. Need these new blokes in fast

Ah well, shit happens. It just so happens that today, we were shit.

Not the end of the world though. Rags tags and bobtails aren't going to deliver the goods every week.

Fair play to Crewe though. They played some nice stuff at times.

Not the end of the world though. Rags tags and bobtails aren't going to deliver the goods every week.

They did because we let them. I know Crewe are the lower league barca by reputation but FFS that was beyond awful fron us

Thought you might 🤣 and if you had dispensed with the preamble you'd be right 😉
I thought the transposition of shit/happens and happens/shit was quite a nice little touch.

It acknowledged the mediocre nature of the performance, whilst at the same time, applying a little context.

As Dean Ford & Marmalade knowingly sang ...................... life goes on.

;)

I agree, we were pretty shit.
Some positives = Jones, Naismith, Johnson.
Below average = Merrie, Perry, Crankshaw Evan's (improved 2nd half), James, Pearce, Keane , Gardner, Viv, Jolley
Poor = Massey