Crewe Alexandra (h): What 3 Things Do We Need To Do To Beat Them? | Vital Football

Crewe Alexandra (h): What 3 Things Do We Need To Do To Beat Them?

Jules

Website Owner
Staff member
What 3 things do we need to do to beat Crewe Alexandra on Saturday afternoon?

Minimum of 150 words required!

I'll start the ball rolling and hopefully others will follow and disagree with my POV.

1. As alluded to in the Tranmere what did we learn thread. We need to take our chances when on top. It's not rocket science, the longer the game goes on without us converting chances the more the players confidence starts to go down, meaning the less likihood of creating chances.

2. Keep the style and tempo we had in the first half against Tranmere and don't revert back to the hoof and hope balls of the 2nd half. Keep Akinde in as despite been low on confidence, he gives defenders problems allowing others to slip under the radar.

3. Use the subs in a better way than we did against Tranmere. DC and NC got it wrong, very unusual for them. If it isn'the working at the break, make a couple of changes then, give the subs more time to make an impact, rather than only 20-30 minutes. Also, when making the change don't make wholesale changes to the formation/tactics when just small changes will do. Cutting out wing play almost completely and trying to hit a target man doesn't work if you have been playing the wings all one half. Switch players some may have better luck than others.

OK now over to others, whom I know can do better.

Has anyone got anything to add? I've started including more than 3 things!