Credit cards | Page 2 | Vital Football

Credit cards

I don't even have a phone lol I was bankless until 2019 and I've only got one now because we finally joint accounted for ease.
I have a Starling bank account absolutely brilliant, and you know how hard I am to please. Instant transactions straight to your phone if you had one

Mate have you looked on the usuals - MSE, compare the meerkat etc.

The 29 months and 2.5% transfer fee has my alarm bells ringing.

Definitely don't make numerous applications as that counts against you as it looks like (to the bean counters) you are desperate rather than getting multiple quotes for the best deal.

I would highly recommend cutting the card in half after you transfer though, use it as an option to kill the balance not use it as an interest free balance that you grow. Put every penny you can on it as opposed to using it.

I wasn't going to use it Mike, except to pay off my existing balance!

I got that one from MSE. How come it sets off alarm bells? Is it a bad deal? I've looked at the small print and it doesn't sound dodgy - got my dad to have a look earlier as well and he can only get 9 months!

I wasn't going to use it Mike, except to pay off my existing balance!

I got that one from MSE. How come it sets off alarm bells? Is it a bad deal? I've looked at the small print and it doesn't sound dodgy - got my dad to have a look earlier as well and he can only get 9 months!

Misunderstood one your lines mate - don't mind me, I'm a little bit lubricated now!

Again, I'm a few years out of date given my consumer ****** sue the bank days, so my knowledge only goes to 12 month deals.

29 months instantly made me think there would be clauses on 'current use' having read your post to mean you still wanted it as a live card etc. And I'm sure my old man didn't pay a transfer fee but again I'm going back many years here.

So I could be wrong, I just wanted to pipe up so you took another look.

Is it one MSE recommends? I'd trust them ultimately.

Lol no worries, I just wanted to hear everyone's opinions/experiences. This was probably a bad day to make this thread in hindsight!

I've been doing some searching around and apparently I've been pre-approved for some decent 0% balance transfer cards but I've never done a balance transfer before.
Great way of not spending any savings you may have.
As long as you are strict with yourself and meet all of your payments its a win win.