'Crazy' not to use Alli | Page 2 | Vital Football

'Crazy' not to use Alli

The way I see it is that the "most entertaining league in the world" tag has long since passed with the Premiership. Now the entertainment mostly comes from the wrong things in football. That's why Roy Keane's nonsense at half time is deemed more important than the game itself. That's why we all spend longer debating VAR and controversial decisions rather than skills on the pitch. Most of the managers setup negatively and Dele is at the extreme end of that spectrum with Spurs playing the worst football in the league.

So in Dele's position, I would be on that Eurostar in a flash. I'd go and find a new place where I could express my talents knowing I'm still young enough to head to Spain in a later career move. I'd also know that Ligue 1 is more aligned to international football and have a desire to be back in Southgate's squad. If I'm Kane, Reggie, Son, Ndomble, Gio then I'm also plotting my escape route.

I'm on the edge of what is going on with differing bands (and there is a wide range who do differing things at differing levels) as an investor in an agency and whom I've known well for years, you do get activity 'reports' and when agents start behaving or misbehaving, you know it's because they smell opportunity and they're currently circling us and key players like sharks, so you may find many are already looking at what their options might be in the summer, it what will prove to be a very tight money market.

It's true. Although I'm led to believe that Jose has had his eye on his replacement for a while.

As I said before Xmas it's another Levy V Alli fight and it's now getting very dirty, it may even be Jose once again throws all his rattles out of the pram and could walk if he doesn't get what he's demanding.

The subs bench will be fascinating in Jan. As soon as Dele returns to being 21st man then the anti will be upped. It's 15th Jan, mid transfer window. So much can change as we've always seen.

I'm sensing Dele is about to move out of dignified silence mode.

The subs bench will be fascinating in Jan. As soon as Dele returns to being 21st man then the anti will be upped. It's 15th Jan, mid transfer window. So much can change as we've always seen.

I'm sensing Dele is about to move out of dignified silence mode.

If he really has a back-channel deal on offer, to make it happen, he'll really have to kick off and go public to get a move - if he doesn't, then all hope of being picked for the Euro's will end, so this is an absolutely huge moment for his future career and I'll be surprised if he'll toe the line.

It's completely in his interests to kick off now and widen the gap between himself and Jose's defence first mentality.

This has definitely gone beyond benching him to get a reaction out of the lad. Whatever flaws Dele has in his game he brings end product to the team, and for me, that's the most important thing in football.

We haven't played well for a while now, so I don't know what Jose's plan is here. This is some of the worst man management I've ever seen. How can you lay down a challenge to a player and then not give him the opportunity to rise to it?

This has definitely gone beyond benching him to get a reaction out of the lad. Whatever flaws Dele has in his game he brings end product to the team, and for me, that's the most important thing in football.

We haven't played well for a while now, so I don't know what Jose's plan is here. This is some of the worst man management I've ever seen. How can you lay down a challenge to a player and then not give him the opportunity to rise to it?

It's even worse when you realise that our midfield now rarely contributes goals - so when an opposition coach sets his team up to play, he can concentrate all his defensive efforts on Kane and Son, keep them quiet and now they don't have to worry too much about anyone else scoring against them.

It's even worse when you realise that our midfield now rarely contributes goals - so when an opposition coach sets his team up to play, he can concentrate all his defensive efforts on Kane and Son, keep them quiet and now they don't have to worry too much about anyone else scoring against them.
Exactly, and when you consider we scored 15 of our 30 goals in the first 5 games this season, you can see how the opposition have figured it out and set up to stop us, and Jose hasn't reacted to that.

15 goals in the last 12 league games and he just keeps on doing the same thing.

Dele has been through an unfortunate period of injury and loss of form. He also seems to be changing mentally, growing up maybe. Whatever the reason or who's fault it is, he is a disruption.
Winks has failed to kick on from a promising emergence onto the scene.
Bale is either finished or unable to perform to the level we need.
These 3 players are causing rifts. I would like to keep Dele but I'm not qualified to make the call as it could be behind the scenes where the problem is. I can see on the pitch the other two.
So if it comes down to Dele or Jose, who should go ? As a coach Jose can change his tactics etc pretty quickly if he wants to.

The rest of the players might be pissed off with Jose's demands but we could win things with him. We are not going to spend our way out of trouble. Jose has proved he is a winner, surely its worth staying with him at least for this season rather than throwing their rattles out the pram and winning nothing.

If he really has a back-channel deal on offer, to make it happen, he'll really have to kick off and go public to get a move - if he doesn't, then all hope of being picked for the Euro's will end, so this is an absolutely huge moment for his future career and I'll be surprised if he'll toe the line.

It's completely in his interests to kick off now and widen the gap between himself and Jose's defence first mentality.

He's been one of the last in line for a Euro place for a couple of years now, Southgate dropped him and hasn't found it necessary to pick him with a host of better player's to choose from. So, that's two managers who have deemed him not good enough, and under the third, he was favorably picked but underperformed for 18 months. Please, don't come back and say it's all down to injuries!

He's been one of the last in line for a Euro place for a couple of years now, Southgate dropped him and hasn't found it necessary to pick him with a host of better player's to choose from. So, that's two managers who have deemed him not good enough, and under the third, he was favorably picked but underperformed for 18 months. Please, don't come back and say it's all down to injuries!

Rich,

no point on debating it, you're myopic - I've many times conceded that his form dropped off, even if his PL top 10 assists and goals didn't. I know what happened to him/his body during that period, you don't.

As for Jose, right now he wouldn't know how to play attacking possession football if it slapped him in the face, so as far as I'm concerned he's null and void.

SpursE that final para = that's way to easy, and you should no that LOL!

Dele has been through an unfortunate period of injury and loss of form. He also seems to be changing mentally, growing up maybe. Whatever the reason or who's fault it is, he is a disruption.
Winks has failed to kick on from a promising emergence onto the scene.
Bale is either finished or unable to perform to the level we need.
These 3 players are causing rifts. I would like to keep Dele but I'm not qualified to make the call as it could be behind the scenes where the problem is. I can see on the pitch the other two.
So if it comes down to Dele or Jose, who should go ? As a coach Jose can change his tactics etc pretty quickly if he wants to.

The rest of the players might be pissed off with Jose's demands but we could win things with him. We are not going to spend our way out of trouble. Jose has proved he is a winner, surely its worth staying with him at least for this season rather than throwing their rattles out the pram and winning nothing.
Nick I am in no mans land with of what you say regards JM,
1 "We are not going to spend our way out of trouble"...very true
2 "Jose has proved he is a winner"...very true
3 "Its worth staying with him at least for this season"...very true
4 "The rest of the players might be pissed off with Jose's demands"...very true.

So reasoning here....4 good points, but point 1 covers point 2, money needs to be spent, point 3 keep him, because who else is there, and just hope! point 4 could quite easily affect point 3, thus we get a conundrum do we keep JM until such time?

Regards the 3 players you mentioned causing rifts I said the same about Dele and Winks, you added Bale and I think you are correct there.

Lastly if it came to the point Dele or JM, bye bye JM.

Nick I am in no mans land with of what you say regards JM,
1 "We are not going to spend our way out of trouble"...very true
2 "Jose has proved he is a winner"...very true
3 "Its worth staying with him at least for this season"...very true
4 "The rest of the players might be pissed off with Jose's demands"...very true.

So reasoning here....4 good points, but point 1 covers point 2, money needs to be spent, point 3 keep him, because who else is there, and just hope! point 4 could quite easily affect point 3, thus we get a conundrum do we keep JM until such time?

Regards the 3 players you mentioned causing rifts I said the same about Dele and Winks, you added Bale and I think you are correct there.

Lastly if it came to the point Dele or JM, bye bye JM.

There are other very good AMs out there to replace Dele. This is about what's best for Spurs. I would be willing to let Dele go partly for his own good and if we sign a better replacement.
Levy knows how much Dele will bring in to help our finances. To make it more palatable to the fans, Levy could be engineering this not Jose. But that's with my cynical hat on.

There are other very good AMs out there to replace Dele. This is about what's best for Spurs. I would be willing to let Dele go partly for his own good and if we sign a better replacement.
Levy knows how much Dele will bring in to help our finances. To make it more palatable to the fans, Levy could be engineering this not Jose. But that's with my cynical hat on.

Levy lol! Seriously Nick, think it through, the way Jose has handled him will cut at least a third to half of his market value - and Levy knows it. It's why the club is desperate for a loan deal and not an out-right sale now - so that he gets a chance to repair the financial damage that's been wrought.

Levy lol! Seriously Nick, think it through, the way Jose has handled him will cut at least a third to half of his market value - and Levy knows it. It's why the club is desperate for a loan deal and not an out-right sale now - so that he gets a chance to repair the financial damage that's been wrought.

Dele has had a hand in his own lowered value too. It is not logical for Jose to deliberately destroy a player for his own ego gain. If its true then I would be all for Jose getting the chop.

I for one think Dele has been pretty honourable. I would never expect a player to sit on the bench like he has had to do and be happy. I would much rather see a player like Dele sulking on the bench than Bale laughing and smiling. Dele would have been well within his rights to kick off before now and it is in his and the clubs best interests for him to get a move away regardless of squad cover. JM is not using him properly so chances are he would come in as cover and injure himself. No winners in this.

Give the lad a loan or full transfer but dont force his hand. It will just cause even more bad feeling

Knew this would happen as soon as we went on a poor run lol

Dele is finished at Spurs and he only has himself to blame, he's been given enough chances over the past 2-3 years to prove his worth and he hasn't performed, Jose gave him enough time/chances and despite a promising(ish) start he again went back to his own ways.

He's played against farmers this season and even against them he hasn't exactly shone.

He's a big character so as soon as he's out the door the better IMO.

One way or the other, this situation wants resolving pdq. He's either in or he's out. It's disruptive all round. What exactly is the point of giving him a few days off then putting him on bench with no intentions of using him. Ditto Bale. Two squad places being wasted and rest of the players, not only bemused, but the atmosphere stinks..... so it appears. Levy and Jose need to get their act together and get this ship steered away from this mess. It is becoming a joke on and off the field.

One way or the other, this situation wants resolving pdq. He's either in or he's out. It's disruptive all round. What exactly is the point of giving him a few days off then putting him on bench with no intentions of using him. Ditto Bale. Two squad places being wasted and rest of the players, not only bemused, but the atmosphere stinks..... so it appears. Levy and Jose need to get their act together and get this ship steered away from this mess. It is becoming a joke on and off the field.

It only needs resolving if we think Jose is the answer to a long term manager question. If he's going to crash and burn by the autumn then we shouldn't be losing our young, talented assets. Personally, I'd still want Dele out on loan over selling him.

We need to find out whether Jose implodes and the answer to that question probably comes by the end of Feb. It's just s shame that our cup final wasn't in Feb so we had that data point to throw into the conversation.