'Crazy' not to use Alli | Vital Football

'Crazy' not to use Alli

Spursex

Alert Team
We don't have a single midfielder capable of regularly contributing goals now, except Alli, when we needed one last night I was sickened with Jose's subs, and it seems Graham agrees with me....

Graham Roberts: ‘Crazy’ to not use Dele Alli after Tottenham draw with Fulham

By
John Blake
-
14 January, 2021

Former Tottenham Hotspur player Graham Roberts has suggested on social networking site Twitter that it was ‘crazy’ to leave Dele Alli to rot on the bench during Spurs’ 1-1 draw against Fulham last night.
The England international was an unused substitute during Spurs’ home draw with London rivals Fulham on Wednesday evening.

The 24-year-old earned rave reviews for his performance against non-league outfit Marine on Sunday where he provided an assist.
Alli, who has been used sparingly by Jose Mourinho this season, was hoping to get some minutes against the Cottagers, but he wasn’t used in the last game.

Sorry not to use dele crazy tonight when needed a goal.
— Graham Roberts (@GrahamRoberts4) January 13, 2021

Harry Kane opened the scoring for the north London club, which was cancelled out by Ivan Cavaleiro’s effort in the second half. Spurs dropped to sixth in the Premier League table with 30 points, six points behind leaders Manchester United.

‘Jose will not like this’: Tottenham fans think 24-year-old is ‘gone’ after social media post

Tottenham fans have taken to Twitter to react after Dele Alli uploaded a picture of himself looking rather miserable following the 1-1 draw against Fulham.
The 24-year-old posted a photo of himself looking fed up on Instagram, after Jose Mourinho’s side threw away yet another lead to end up drawing.

Wednesday’s London derby was just another game in which Alli failed to feature.
Mourinho named the former MK Dons maestro on the bench following his eye-catching FA Cup display against Marine.
However, he decided to start Harry Winks over the England international.

As the game went on, Tottenham looked like they were crying out for a No.10 to occupy the gaps in between the lines and threaten Fulham.

While Alli would’ve been the perfect choice, Mourinho used just two of his three substitutes, choosing to bring Erik Lamela and Carlos Vinicius on instead.
As a result, the Tottenham No.20 uploaded the photo of himself looking pretty grumpy, and you can’t blame him.

Alli has only started one Premier League game this season, which came on the opening day against Everton.
In all competitions, he only has five starts to his name.
Now, some Tottenham fans on Twitter think he’s off following the Instagram post…
You can tell he wants to leave.​
— hazza 🔜🏆 (@thfchazza) January 13, 2021

I was going to say the Deli and maybe including Winks in the situation is having a detrimental affect on the Team/Squad as a whole, a bit like the Eriksen scenario.

What do you all think? I have my hard hat on lol! go on I can take it.

Jose is not doing the club , the team, the fans or himself any favours with this style of play .
Who would be in line to take over should he be asked to to put the contents of his office into plastic boxes tomorrow ?

I did tell you ithad, the new additions don't get it, the old guard think it stinks and is short-sighted.

All Jose's doing.

No...Dele's negative attitude is down to the entire environment...including Levy not shipping him out.

I was going to say the Deli and maybe including Winks in the situation is having a detrimental affect on the Team/Squad as a whole, a bit like the Eriksen scenario.

What do you all think? I have my hard hat on lol! go on I can take it.

No need for a hard hat. It's a genuinely great question whether the mood would change if Dele left the camp. Same with Winks.

The way I see it is that if Jose can't optimise Spurs through coaching and culture, no individual player will make any difference. It will be down to the man himself. Also, there is probably no such thing as a "Jose player" naturally. There are only players that sacrifice their natural and long term nurtured game (from a kid) to adapt to Jose's negative philosophy. We have examples of that in our squad and I doubt they are happy.

So no, I don't the everything is sweetness and light if Dele and Winks leave. Far from it actually. More likely it will be the start of the exodus of our best players.

True. And if they want to win things why not go to PSG and win trophies in that "highly competitive" league.
TBH, at this stage in their career, especially HK, that is a perfect scenario. Ask Neymar and Mbappe. Get a fat cheque every week and several trophies on their CV's. With the way our lot have been burnt out, an easier, comfortable, trophy laden lifestyle is better than MLS or China. Can't see RM or Barca come knocking..... well, may be for Sonny.

TBH, at this stage in their career, especially HK, that is a perfect scenario. Ask Neymar and Mbappe. Get a fat cheque every week and several trophies on their CV's. With the way our lot have been burnt out, an easier, comfortable, trophy laden lifestyle is better than MLS or China. Can't see RM or Barca come knocking..... well, may be for Sonny.

The way I see it is that the "most entertaining league in the world" tag has long since passed with the Premiership. Now the entertainment mostly comes from the wrong things in football. That's why Roy Keane's nonsense at half time is deemed more important than the game itself. That's why we all spend longer debating VAR and controversial decisions rather than skills on the pitch. Most of the managers setup negatively and Dele is at the extreme end of that spectrum with Spurs playing the worst football in the league.

So in Dele's position, I would be on that Eurostar in a flash. I'd go and find a new place where I could express my talents knowing I'm still young enough to head to Spain in a later career move. I'd also know that Ligue 1 is more aligned to international football and have a desire to be back in Southgate's squad. If I'm Kane, Reggie, Son, Ndomble, Gio then I'm also plotting my escape route.

The way I see it is that the "most entertaining league in the world" tag has long since passed with the Premiership. Now the entertainment mostly comes from the wrong things in football. That's why Roy Keane's nonsense at half time is deemed more important than the game itself. That's why we all spend longer debating VAR and controversial decisions rather than skills on the pitch. Most of the managers setup negatively and Dele is at the extreme end of that spectrum with Spurs playing the worst football in the league.

So in Dele's position, I would be on that Eurostar in a flash. I'd go and find a new place where I could express my talents knowing I'm still young enough to head to Spain in a later career move. I'd also know that Ligue 1 is more aligned to international football and have a desire to be back in Southgate's squad. If I'm Kane, Reggie, Son, Ndomble, Gio then I'm also plotting my escape route.
The Telegraph is saying Levy is refusing to let Dele go this month. He's worried about injuries and Covid leaving the squad short in the second half of the season. It would suggest - if the report is accurate - that Jose doesn't have a replacement lined up.

The Telegraph is saying Levy is refusing to let Dele go this month. He's worried about injuries and Covid leaving the squad short in the second half of the season. It would suggest - if the report is accurate - that Jose doesn't have a replacement lined up.

It's true. Although I'm led to believe that Jose has had his eye on his replacement for a while.

As I said before Xmas it's another Levy V Alli fight and it's now getting very dirty, it may even be Jose once again throws all his rattles out of the pram and could walk if he doesn't get what he's demanding.