Cowleys sacked | Page 9 | Vital Football

Cowleys sacked

Funny that there are quite a few yorky clubs that have lived the premiership dream that are sliding back to reality. I include the udders in that, along with, Hull, Barnsley, Middlesbrough and not forgetting Brad City.
It took Leeds 16 years to get back.

Funny that there are quite a few yorky clubs that have lived the premiership dream that are sliding back to reality. I include the udders in that, along with, Hull, Barnsley, Middlesbrough and not forgetting Brad City.

Leeds will be next years whipping boys. The whole world will stop smile and say we hate Leeds

Absolute basket case of a Club.
Did the budget for next season not stack up,
for what the Cowley’s wanted to achieve and the timeframe for doing so?
They will have to be a little bit careful not to get a reputation for ‘having a different vision in operating a club and achieving ambitions’.
Where to next? I think they did well to keep Udders up this year. Crazy times.

Don't forget Washday, who could yet be visiting the Bank next season, depending on their possible points deduction 😉

I suspect the Hudds board - and most others - will say the whole context has changed with corona and budgets revised accordingly.

Nothing on the public side, such as DCs interview published this morning suggested an approach at odds with that, but a rational recruitment policy not a million miles from that of The Imps.

What was said in private between board and management may have been quite different.

Huddersfield are a club in declined and I am relieved that I will have no reason to follow their results in the future. I will keep an eye on what the Cowleys do next, out of respect for the wonderful job that they did for us.
But it is of far, far more interest to me to see how Michael Appleton goes about building a team and developing a style of play that will bring further success to our club.

This to me is the telling part of of the HTFC statement on the releasing of the Cowleys:

"We have a different vision for the way we operate the Club, and how our ambitions can be achieved.”

Which adds a modicum of creedence to some of the more credible rumours I have heard locally.

Read through all the pages relating to the sacking on the Udds forum. A lot baffled, but lots of speculation that the brothers were approached by Bristol City, and spoke to them regarding a job there. Potless Phil found out ans sacked them. (countered by the argument, that why sack them, why not just get compensation).
Sound familiar?? The Cowleys been tapped up at Lincoln?? Nah no way.

Thing is we move on, they were our most successful managers no denying that, but they are no longer our manager, and you should never go back, (unless the name is Murph :-) ).

We have a manger now who deserves to be given as bigger chance as the Cowleys, to see if he will become our most successful manager.

Get behind the Big Apple, and stop hoping for something that will never happen.

This to me is the telling part of of the HTFC statement on the releasing of the Cowleys:

"We have a different vision for the way we operate the Club, and how our ambitions can be achieved.”

Which adds a modicum of creedence to some of the more credible rumours I have heard locally.
Given the statement which HTFC published on the Cowleys appointment, posted earlier and which suggested ambitions were totally aligned, what are the credible rumours?

I wonder if they would be a fit for someone like Derby who regularly change there managers, they got close with a young Frank Lampard but are mid table with Cocu this season.

If they decide to change again, I think they could choose a lot worse, with the added fact they usually have a bit of bunce kicking around.

Read through all the pages relating to the sacking on the Udds forum. A lot baffled, but lots of speculation that the brothers were approached by Bristol City, and spoke to them regarding a job there. Potless Phil found out ans sacked them.

I know football as an industry is not reknown for sense, but that would be off the sense Richter scale.

The Cowleys are now due some form of contractual settlement, given they are not a year into thier contract, that will not be insignificant amount. Conversley if Bristol City have come calling HTFC would be due significant compensation to allow them to go, which they won't get now, not a wise move given thier financial situation. If the Cowleys do tip up at Ashton Gate, the 'Turriers' have not only thrown the baby out with the bath water they have chucked the bathroom suite out too.

Last edited:
Yeah! You've gotta laugh though!

I wonder if they would be a fit for someone like Derby who regularly change there managers, they got close with a young Frank Lampard but are mid table with Cocu this season.

If they decide to change again, I think they could choose a lot worse, with the added fact they usually have a bit of bunce kicking around.

If they replace Coco they'll go with Rooney for no other reason than it'll get them media time

EDIT....meant to type Cocu but I suppose a clown with a clown is a better theme