Cowleys sacked | Page 3 | Vital Football

Cowleys sacked

As much as I like the cowleys, and respect what they did, I dont think lincoln can get rid of appleton to allow them to return. However, if lincoln had a bad start to the new season, and the cowleys were still unemployed, then I wouldn't hesitate to get them back.

Can't wait to see who is lined up to replace them. The decision to sack them was obviously taken some time ago. David Wagner, perhaps? Things have not gone well at Schalke.

Speculation on their board about the Leeds 1st team coach waiting in the wings.

Football really is a ludicrous industry.

Hopefully Danny gets a job soon and takes Toff with him for big money (Hoping we have a sell on clause)

they wont come back here. in anycase we are doing fine without him. i could see them at somewhere like Notts County

Bottom of the league on 1pt when Danny and Nicky took over. Finishing probably similar position to us albeit a league higher. What a car crash of a club, they're as well away from it. They'll soon find another club.

Getting rid of Michael Appleton to allow them to return would be an appalling decision for a variety of reasons, including the fact that the Cowleys probably left us because of our intended change of direction. Appleton is the perfect manager to implement that, the Cowleys are not. We must always look forwards, not back.

Looking back didn't work out too badly for Bournemouth with Eddie Howe. I'm sorry but I'm not seeing why Appleton is a perfect fit so far. I'm sure some of the young players we signed will work out, but so far we've signed Crewe's third choice centre midfielder and a centre back who was consistently letting in 4 or 5 goals per game in the Dutch second division last season. I'm not saying he's a bad manager at all, but I think some people believe that we are signing future superstars when the reality is maybe 1 or 2 will go on to be sold to a higher division club. It isn't like Cowley never sold players to higher division teams anyway.

Given the potential salary cap you'd back them with a number of L1 clubs. When there's a more level playing field, their 1%'s all add up and, if anything, will probably have a bigger impact in the coming seasons.

With some of the 'big name' ex Premiershite players at T'uddersfield they probably lost the dressing room before they set foot in the place.
Good point there Donny. Just because they never made it as players some will never accept their philosophies

Looking back didn't work out too badly for Bournemouth with Eddie Howe. I'm sorry but I'm not seeing why Appleton is a perfect fit so far. I'm sure some of the young players we signed will work out, but so far we've signed Crewe's third choice centre midfielder and a centre back who was consistently letting in 4 or 5 goals per game in the Dutch second division last season. I'm not saying he's a bad manager at all, but I think some people believe that we are signing future superstars when the reality is maybe 1 or 2 will go on to be sold to a higher division club. It isn't like Cowley never sold players to higher division teams anyway.
The main reason we couldn’t take the Cowley’s back is they like to spend and we don’t have much to spend.

The only way we are likely to get out of this division is with a philosophy change from our days in NL and League 2, hence why we are looking at younger players with potential. In my personal opinion Appleton is the best at this level of football for doing this. Danny did improve young players, Woodyard, Raggett, Anderson etc, but Danny also liked big money signings too, Bostwick, Shackell, Akinde. My understanding is the budget was a sticky point for the Cowley's coming into this season, so I think its best for the time being we don't go down this path and stick with Appleton to try and create some gems.

Besides, if we kick Appleton out for doing a decent job just to bring back the Cowley's, are we really any better than Huddersfield?

The problem is if we get them back (we will not as we have a manager) unless Appleton is off (who knows) and goes pear shaped it will ruin the glorious first period.

I suspect they will manage in the championship again and will have been paid off by Huddersfield. Probably quite a nice position as Huddersfield is not exactly a big pull is it!