Cowleys approached by Mansfield | Page 4 | Vital Football

Cowleys approached by Mansfield

The only snag with Mansfield making such an offer is that it may affect their pay off from Huddersfield. I have no insider knowledge in the slightest, but often such severance is done on a 'your continued monthly payment up to the end of the contract stops when you accept another managerial role' If that was part of the sacking pay-off I'm not sure that Stags could match it.

Of course the Cowleys might just decide that they want to be back in the game and sod the Huddersfield pay-off

Wont have a impact at all.

Anyone been on the Sunderland site! They weren't happy before today. I imagine the swear filter has melted down

Anyone been on the Sunderland site! They weren't happy before today. I imagine the swear filter has melted down
Having seen the reaction after we turned them over last season, I can imagine the debate is a little warm.Screenshot_20201108-004809_Samsung Internet.jpgDidnt even need to enter a thread to find the inevitable :ROFLMAO:

Cowleys seem to have been mentioned in dispatches for the vacant stockport job after the stupid sacking of Jim Gannon . along with others of course .

Cowleys seem to have been mentioned in dispatches for the vacant stockport job after the stupid sacking of Jim Gannon . along with others of course .
What's the story behind that sacking? Gannon is a legend there isn't he? And he led them to the FA Cup 3rd round and in with a chance of promotion. What has he done wrong?

Apparently the decision was not results based, but centred around culture (according to a report in the NLP quoting their owner) - whatever that means. Obviously we don't know what's behind it, but seems crackers to me

Apparently the decision was not results based, but centred around culture (according to a report in the NLP quoting their owner) - whatever that means. Obviously we don't know what's behind it, but seems crackers to me

Implies a clash with owner and exchange of heated words maybe...
Anyway, cannot see Danny & Nicky wanting to go back into non league after all their efforts to get beyond that level.

On a chat with some Stockport ST holder , it seems some players have voiced opinions about certain things . If you look at their squad its quite easy to seem whom they might be , and sort of went above Gannons head . Gannon didn't like it and it seems the owner sided with the players . true or not true one cannot confirm , but no smoke etc etc etc
Stott appears to be a man not to mess with , inclings of the new "Salford City" be being branded about .

Implies a clash with owner and exchange of heated words maybe...
Anyway, cannot see Danny & Nicky wanting to go back into non league after all their efforts to get beyond that level.

Well they still seem to be unemployed and everyone has their price , and Stockport are not short of money with Stott as the owner . Graham Alexander , Matt Jenson are also being mentioned apparerently

I did expect County to win the title this season, but play offs might be their limit. Definitely back in the league in the next couple of years though.

Well they still seem to be unemployed and everyone has their price , and Stockport are not short of money with Stott as the owner . Graham Alexander , Matt Jenson are also being mentioned apparerently

Graham Alexander is now at Motherwell. Can't see him leaving there after only a few weeks

Perhaps team-building was based around playing pool and the owners would prefer it to be darts.

I do wonder if he is waiting to see what Appleton does at the end of the season. If we did go up, there would be a lot of tempting offers for MA, and even if we don't go up, he's doing a great job here. DC is still based in Lincoln and kids in the local schools. Maybe he can afford to wait.

I do wonder if he is waiting to see what Appleton does at the end of the season. If we did go up, there would be a lot of tempting offers for MA, and even if we don't go up, he's doing a great job here. DC is still based in Lincoln and kids in the local schools. Maybe he can afford to wait.
Really can't see that happening.

I must admit come the end of the season, the first biggish job that becomes available in the North-West might be too tempting for MA, regardless of what league we are in?

I'm sure the Board will have this covered .... at least I hope so?