Cowleys approached by Mansfield | Page 2 | Vital Football

Cowleys approached by Mansfield

Lack of experience does, though. And a reputation for wanting control that isn't generally granted at that level.

They have plenty of experience and have been successful at each challenge they have taken on. I don't know about the reputation; I didn't get the impression that Clive and the board ceded control during their tenure at Lincoln. Sure they had a strong input, but that isn't the same as control.

Last edited:
There have plenty of experience and have been successful at each challenge they have taken on. I don't know about the reputation; I didn't get the impression that Clive and the board ceded control during their tenure at Lincoln. Sure they had a strong input, but that isn't the same as control.

They have very little football league experience. 3 seasons, 2 of those in L2. I think they had a lot of control at LCFC - and rightly so - given their success.

I'm not doing them down - they are LCFC legends - but that won't count for much outside of our club in the viciously pragmatic world of football manegement.

Their wages not an issue. Assurances given about playing budget. They just want to rewind 12 months with another club
Tbf, there can't be too many assurances about a playing budget because we're now within a wage cap where the opportunity to sign out of it is done and dusted. From now on, especially a team of Mansfield's spending, their budget will only be declining over the next two or three of years as old contracts run out.

Their wages not an issue. Assurances given about playing budget. They just want to rewind 12 months with another club

Surely they don't need assurances about the playing budget. The playing budget is the salary cap So they either accept the cap or go to a higher league (or back to national league)

Hate to see it but there are not many jobs looking to come up in the near future. Plus still living in the City it’s an easy commute. Would be a great coup for Mansfail.

They have very little football league experience. 3 seasons, 2 of those in L2. I think they had a lot of control at LCFC - and rightly so - given their success.

I'm not doing them down - they are LCFC legends - but that won't count for much outside of our club in the viciously pragmatic world of football manegement.

3 seasons. 1 National Cup win at Wembley. 1 Championship season. 1 successful relegation battle.

There are people who manage for 20 years without gaining that much experience.

Well, I'm sure they'll soon get a much better offer than Mansfield, then. ;)

I'm sure that there will be much better opportunities than Mansfield that they can apply for over the next 3 months. Whether they get an offer is down to more than just their experience. I would suggest that it will get them on short-lists though.

I'm sure that there will be much better opportunities than Mansfield that they can apply for over the next 3 months. Whether they get an offer is down to more than just their experience. I would suggest that it will get them on short-lists though.
Better in what respect? Mansfield have good owners and a great infrastructure

I think they may go there but as you all say wages are capped so level playing field, They have done well wherever they have been so far ,Not sure Mansfield is the right fit however Jobs are limited so maybe looking to just get back into it,