Cowley Interview | Vital Football

Cowley Interview

Gaz_Imp

Vital Football Hero
On BBC Lincs FB page.

Expecting to have 14 players on the books when training starts Monday. Wants 22 when the season starts.

Battling to keep Raggs and Woodyard.

Sounds like we may have missed out on a couple of targets?

I got the impression the out of contract players were signing from that interview.

JT_LCFC - 21/6/2017 19:20

Sounds like we may have missed out on a couple of targets?

I got the impression the out of contract players were signing from that interview.

I was thinking the opposite about power, Muldoon and Marriott. I'd have expected him to give us more of a hint if they were staying but for me that hint wasn't there.

Strange how we are all interprate/hear things differently.

Gaz_Imp - 21/6/2017 19:08

On BBC Lincs FB page.

Expecting to have 14 players on the books when training starts Monday. Wants 22 when the season starts.

Battling to keep Raggs and Woodyard.

So do we have 11 as things stand? 3 incoming by Monday?

We only have eleven players signed up and 11 + 3 = 14 so I assumed he was talking about Power, Muldoon and Marriot.

The half 4ish radio lincs sports suggested the club were 'very close' to new players in time for Monday, wait and see I guess.

If we're close on new signings as per the Echo, and then add DC's comments in, it doesn't really indicate all the three out of contract ones are staying, although Marriott is the only one I'd be disappointed with losing and even that I wouldn't be *that* disappointed by like you would a Woodyard/Raggett/Hebergham.

Not sure we have any new players signing prior to Monday... it seemed to me like we were certain on the 14 and as such if there were any new players I'd expect them to be announced if we were that certain.

Having said that Cowley was also very certain on the future of Muldoon and Power, not sure why this wouldn't be released if they'd have already signed or were about to.

So basically that interview was completely uninterpretable in my mind!

Seems to me that the 3 players given contracts will be off, that's been my thinking the longer these contracts haven't been signed. I agree though that DC did sound as though a signing wasn't certainly imminent so it's all a bit confusing.

Surely some new blood will be in tomorrow or Friday, DC seemed certain a few days ago we would be adding before pre season training starts.

Sounds to me like they're off and new players are joining.
He did a week or two back he wanted 10-12 new players adding to the squad so I don' think he expects Muldoon, Marriott and Power to stay.

Blimey that's a long way to move with a young family, hope it's a 2 year deal!
Good luck to them all whatever they decide to do, they all played their part in our return to the league :clappy:

my view is that the three non signed players will be off and to me the only one missed will be marriott. dc did not say he expected them to sign he said more negatively that the next few days will clarify the position. see you lads and all the best.
joe ward signing for woking means we may be setting our targets higher than we are expecting, ie more proven league 2 players coming in?

See you lads and all the best... Is that all you can say about players that played a huge part in getting us to where we are today... Bit harsh... Football is a fickle game , we had an unbelievable season without a doubt and I hope we can achieve the same level of success again, but let's not forget OR maybe live to regret someone we were happy to let move on when we should've tried harder to keep...

Difficult to interpret too much from the interview. Looking at events today, do you think Joe Ward was one of the targets for DC? Also whether him signing for Woking today is a snub to Lincoln over wages offered? I fully expected to see signings by now, as hinted by DC earlier this week on the Echo website.
He talks about limited budgets, and the club not being cash rich. I find that hard to swallow given the amount of money the club is currently making.

I think we should trust Danny 100%. He and Nicky gave us the best season this club has arguably had and I have absolutely no doubt they know exactly what they are doing. All the people panicking and fretting will need to think back on it come the end of next season.

Both of them will move on to a bigger club at some point so let's all sit back and enjoy the ride rather than panic about something we can do nothing about.

If Ward has gone to Woking over Lincoln it's unlikely to be about wages - location maybe, but not wages. I'm not entirely sure we would have been in for him anyhow.

Danny said he wanted people to come on who will improve the team, Ward was a cover player in the NL so I don't believe he was a target, as likely as Ricardo Calder

I saw on Banter, Imps fans were all over Ward on social media when he got released asking him to sign. His GF posted to the effect that there had been no contact from us.