#COVID19 | Page 913 | Vital Football

#COVID19

Over here we are short of AZ vaccines already and we've hardly started. This is the only one we will be using. I should have been vaccinated this month but have been put off to some time in April, can't even be sure about that either. And now it's been revealed that New Guinea has a very serious problem which is out of control and we are diverting our deliveries to them which I am in favour of and that's apart from the fact that from our Northern islands we're near enough to get a good view of that country. The Torres Straight Islanders who live in that locality are the same even though some are from New Guinea and some from Aussie. Makes life interesting. And that country is too poor to pay for vaccines so we'll be doing the right thing, and I'm all in favour, it's a chance to do a little bit of good for once.
Just to rub it in one of the returned travelers held in isolation in Sydney has brought the UK variation with him and has managed to infect one of the security guards so our T and T system is hard at work again. This is just like the Flu, it's never going to leave us, we're going to have to learn to live with it.

On a side topic. Does suspension really play into the antivaxers? I would have thought they would make more capital from pressing on regardless. Surely stopping to check should be reassuring. I don't know because I can't see into their heads. Obviously troublemakers will snipe either way.

On that subject

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56375307

For all the bbc bashers, this is what responsible, transparent reporting for public benefit looks like. Some people get mild side effects but it is normal, is a result of people's individual immune system and is nothing to worry about. Well done bbc for not ignoring the issue and putting it up for scrutiny.

On that subject

For all the bbc bashers, this is what responsible, transparent reporting for public benefit looks like. Some people get mild side effects but it is normal, is a result of people's individual immune system and is nothing to worry about. Well done bbc for not ignoring the issue and putting it up for scrutiny.
Yes. Excellent.

All remaining over-50s in the UK are expected to be called up for a vaccine in the coming days.
A sudden surge in supply means that half of all British adults will have had a jab by the end of the week.

Fantastic from our Government.

While it is good news the ippr report should ensure we dispatch with the celebratory tone, there is a massive backlog with thousands more now likely to die as the health system tries to reset. 2 weeks b4 the new financial year and the NHS still doesnt jnow what its budget will be!!!! Imagine trying to plan like that!

Your apologies are great but in the real world this govt looks slow, bewildered and no where close to a strategic plan for health and social security.

While it is good news the ippr report should ensure we dispatch with the celebratory tone, there is a massive backlog with thousands more now likely to die as the health system tries to reset. 2 weeks b4 the new financial year and the NHS still doesnt jnow what its budget will be!!!! Imagine trying to plan like that!

Your apologies are great but in the real world this govt looks slow, bewildered and no where close to a strategic plan for health and social security.
Oh absolutely. On so many fonts they are an absolute shambles.

Strett made a narrow and specific point in this post, though, and it's fair, imo, to give credit where it is due. I.e. mostly to scientists from across the world in academia and industry, then followed up with a good logistical effort by gov and NHS. It is great that so many adults in this country will have had their first jabs so quickly. It will help to get us moving again after all the mismanagement, negligence and probable corruption.

On that subject

Agreed, but anyone with an ounce of sense and also pragmatism, knows that all medical interventions have risks/side effects.

As somebody pointed out yesterday, the contraceptive pill causes blood clots far in excess of what the covid vaccines do (plural because there is no discernible blood clot issue difference between the Pfizer and AZ).

The chap on ITV news did a fantastically simple explanation last night too, we need to distance ourselves from the pettiness which the EU nations are engaged in; but as I posted last night, we are having people walk out of the hubs locally without being vaccinated, as they don't want the AZ one.

The knock on effect from the behaviour of some states playing anti-Brexit politics is damaging and their motives are beyond reproach.

Agreed, but anyone with an ounce of sense and also pragmatism, knows that all medical interventions have risks/side effects.

As somebody pointed out yesterday, the contraceptive pill causes blood clots far in excess of what the covid vaccines do (plural because there is no discernible blood clot issue difference between the Pfizer and AZ).

The chap on ITV news did a fantastically simple explanation last night too, we need to distance ourselves from the pettiness which the EU nations are engaged in; but as I posted last night, we are having people walk out of the hubs locally without being vaccinated, as they don't want the AZ one.

The knock on effect from the behaviour of some states playing anti-Brexit politics is damaging and their motives are beyond reproach.

I think we shouldnt assume what people know and that honest transparent debate is what informs and reassures people best.

I think atm the EU states are being uber cautious but if it lasts longer than this week it will begin to smell fishy.

I think we shouldnt assume what people know and that honest transparent debate is what informs and reassures people best.

I think atm the EU states are being uber cautious but if it lasts longer than this week it will begin to smell fishy.

No, they are not. That logic doesn't wash, there has been no discernible difference between the side effects of both vaccines. It stinks of rotting cod now.

Do you also think the people who believe these stories are the same people who will listen to reasoned debate? Anti-vaxx is a real issue in France and what is happening will reinforce this craziness. The AZ is the cheapest and the easiest to distribute; I'm guessing you know France is the largest country in western Europe with a similar population to ours, so many people live in rural areas where this vaccine will really help to reach and protect those citizens.

Do you also think the people who believe these stories are the same people who will listen to reasoned debate? Anti-vaxx is a real issue in France and what is happening will reinforce this craziness. The AZ is the cheapest and the easiest to distribute; I'm guessing you know France is the largest country in western Europe with a similar population to ours, so many people live in rural areas where this vaccine will really help to reach and protect those citizens.

I think that we live in a low trust society and people often dont know what to believe. Strategies like trump and boris and the other european tinpots have magnified the bullshit levels to unprecedented levels. Calling people gullible or moaning that people will not accept reasoned arguments misses the point for me. How have we got to a situation when accurate information is drowned out and disbelieved? Fakes news or info so highly spun as to be misrepresentative is endemic.

No, they are not. That logic doesn't wash, there has been no discernible difference between the side effects of both vaccines. It stinks of rotting cod now.

Times reporting italy and france already signalling they will end the suspension. I dont think it was helpful but i dont attribute it to anything more than caution either.

I think that we live in a low trust society and people often dont know what to believe. Strategies like trump and boris and the other european tinpots have magnified the bullshit levels to unprecedented levels. Calling people gullible or moaning that people will not accept reasoned arguments misses the point for me. How have we got to a situation when accurate information is drowned out and disbelieved? Fakes news or info so highly spun as to be misrepresentative is endemic.

Social media. People have a platform to type whatever woo they like without reproach. Scientific woo is the most disturbing, but the general levels are extraordinary.

We have seen this transcend into politics. The luvvies on Twitter singlehandedly told their gullible followers that Brexit was a terrible idea, but fortunately the population in general thinks they're just gobby privileged twats and ignored them, thank goodness. Otherwise we would have only vaccinated 10%, not the 50% we are hitting later this week.

Germany is "overblowing" the fears about blood clots surrounding the AstraZeneca vaccine and delaying the rollout in Europe will cause more deaths a Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI) member has said.

Professor Jeremy Brown, a consultant in respiratory medicine and member of the JCVI, told the BBC's Radio 4 Today programme that the particular concerns raised by the Germans was a clot in the brain which is "an incredibly rare event which occurs spontaneously" which affects between three and four people in every million.

He said: "The concerns about these blood clots are overblown by the Germans... by stopping the vaccine it will cause more illness and more deaths."

The Oxford/AstraZeneca jab is "very safe" and "incredibly effective", Prof Brown said, adding: "We're in the middle of a pandemic that we won't get out of until everyone has been vaccinated."

He closed the interview by saying that pausing for "spurious reasons is a bad way to move forward", and added: "I'm afraid all the publicity coming from Europe doesn't help us."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-...us-vaccine-astrazeneca-oxford-eu-blood-clots/

All remaining over-50s in the UK are expected to be called up for a vaccine in the coming days.
A sudden surge in supply means that half of all British adults will have had a jab by the end of the week.

Fantastic from our Government.
That's what you get when you give a contract to the NHS instead of tory donors and friends.

Times reporting italy and france already signalling they will end the suspension. I dont think it was helpful but i dont attribute it to anything more than caution either.

It is more than caution. The EU rules stipulate all risk is illiminated. Like not playing conkers. H and S gone mad. They have had to skirt the rules to come to this statement. It is the system that is wrong.

Everyone over the age of 50 in England is now being invited to book their first Covid vaccine, as the programme rolls out far more quickly than the scheduled timetable.

The schedule was that jabs would be offered to all over-50s by April 15th, and to all adults by the end of July. This is a 4 week improvement!!

Bumper supplies, which began at the end of last week, mean Britain is far ahead of the schedule, with over-40s expected to start receiving invites next week.

Get the fuck in!!!