#COVID19 | Page 893 | Vital Football

#COVID19

UK's Covid death toll fuelled by its obesity problem, say experts:

Britain was found to have the third highest death rate in the world, and the fourth highest obesity rate.

Britain's Covid death toll has been fuelled by its obesity epidemic, experts have said, as global research finds nine in 10 fatalities occurred in countries with a weight problem.

Britain was found to have the third highest death rate in the world and the fourth highest obesity rate, with more than than two in three adults overweight or obese.

The study by the World Obesity Federation examined almost 100 countries and found that 2.2 million of 2.5 million deaths occurred in countries with high levels of obesity. Overall, death rates were found to be 10 times higher in countries where more than half the population was overweight.

It found that not a single country with low levels of obesity had a coronavirus death rate higher than 10 per 100,000 population. No country with death rates above 100 per 100,000 had less than 50 per cent of its population overweight

Britain was found to have the third highest death rate in the world, and the fourth highest obesity rate.

Britain's Covid death toll has been fuelled by its obesity epidemic, experts have said, as global research finds nine in 10 fatalities occurred in countries with a weight problem.

Britain was found to have the third highest death rate in the world and the fourth highest obesity rate, with more than than two in three adults overweight or obese.

The study by the World Obesity Federation examined almost 100 countries and found that 2.2 million of 2.5 million deaths occurred in countries with high levels of obesity. Overall, death rates were found to be 10 times higher in countries where more than half the population was overweight.

It found that not a single country with low levels of obesity had a coronavirus death rate higher than 10 per 100,000 population. No country with death rates above 100 per 100,000 had less than 50 per cent of its population overweight

The country with the lowest Covid death rate was Vietnam, which has one of the lowest levels of excess weight in its population, with 18 per cent overweight. Japan and Singapore were also singled out for their low levels of obesity and deaths from Covid

In 2008, Japan introduced the "Metabo law", which requires everyone between the ages of 40 and 74 to get annual measurements of their waist circumference. Employers of those with waistlines above approved limits are required to provide weight loss classes.

Lol, imagine suggesting that here???

Interesting figures. Here in Australia we also have very high rates of obesity but in a population of aprox 26 million we have only had just over 900 deaths. On the other hand we were much quicker getting to grips with the problem than the UK and it was easier for us to deal with. Our economy is starting to recover much faster than was forecast too, nobody seems to know why though but I expect our pretty poor Govt will take credit for that.

The country with the lowest Covid death rate was Vietnam, which has one of the lowest levels of excess weight in its population, with 18 per cent overweight. Japan and Singapore were also singled out for their low levels of obesity and deaths from Covid

In 2008, Japan introduced the "Metabo law", which requires everyone between the ages of 40 and 74 to get annual measurements of their waist circumference. Employers of those with waistlines above approved limits are required to provide weight loss classes.

At least it would spare the country from bojo and patel, both of those need some serious classes.

Interesting figures. Here in Australia we also have very high rates of obesity but in a population of aprox 26 million we have only had just over 900 deaths. On the other hand we were much quicker getting to grips with the problem than the UK and it was easier for us to deal with. Our economy is starting to recover much faster than was forecast too, nobody seems to know why though but I expect our pretty poor Govt will take credit for that.

Good job. As those nice people in Brussels have blocked 250,000 doses of the A/Z vaccine being exported as contracted to Australia. So much for their arguments of three weeks ago. Hypocritical liars.

That’s just fat shaming you heartless troll bastart snert

#Big is beautiful

#dad bod

#real women have curves

# plus size

Suggesting that being over weight is a problem makes you the problem.

These countries have, I believe, some of the lower instances of infections as well.

Obesity is linked to an increase in death and hospitalisation. Being thin doesn't stop you getting it. Have we seen a wave of sumo wrestlers dying? Or are they just not getting it because infection rates are low.

These countries have low obesity but they also have in common a culture of obedience to authority and communal duty

Managed to get vaccinated today.

The National Agriculture Centre at Stoneleigh has been set up as an inoculation Centre, capable of dealing with 1000 people a day; they are currently getting less than 200 visitors a day so they have started taking bookings from coffin dodgers under 60.

I was in and out in less than 10 minutes and have a date for part two

It looks like when the pandemic stops so does the extra funding, even tho there is a massive backlog. Same old tories.
I work in the civil service and even though what I do was classified as key I fully expected the nil pay rise that we have been told we are getting but for the NHS who are already underpaid to be given 1% is effectively pissing all over what they have done.

I know that we have accrued a massive debt as a result of the pandemic but that should be secondary to ensuring the people in the NHS know they are appreciated and supported.

I work in the civil service and even though what I do was classified as key I fully expected the nil pay rise that we have been told we are getting but for the NHS who are already underpaid to be given 1% is effectively pissing all over what they have done.

I know that we have accrued a massive debt as a result of the pandemic but that should be secondary to ensuring the people in the NHS know they are appreciated and supported.
Couldn't agree more I was a civil servant for over 40 years (DWP) now fortunately retired. Over those years every time there was any sort of financial crisis (which was quite often) it was always public sector pay that suffered as it was always an easy target, and it's no different now. What is different this time however is what the NHS staff have gone through this last year, and to treat them like this is an utter disgrace.
All those nice words about what a wonderful job they have been doing count for absolutely nothing if not backed up by something tangible. If they don't want to increase pay scales because it would be a commitment that went on forever, then why not give Them a significant one off lump sum payment as an alternative. What is happening at the moment is just an insult & kick in the teeth.