#COVID19 | Page 742 | Vital Football

#COVID19

The speed at which the regulator worked at to get an approval has been completely undermined; it has taken 7 weeks to reach an average of 400k people per week, which is still not a great amount - at current rates it is still going to take the best part of two years

The Logistical challenges have been obvious for over three Months, maybe longer, and nothing has been done to put that right.
I agree. Certainly with the second part.
But nobody expects the average numbers to stay as they are. Like I say, if they cannot deliver a rapid increase in the vaccination rates right about now (since they haven't really made those steps already), then they will be rightly castigated.

I have somehow managed to get the virus again (Tr2). I have been much worse this time. 5 days into it and I feel as bad as day 1. Headaches, dizziness, nausea, nose bleeds, 2 bob bits, lethargic, aching from head to toe and sweating like Mao when its his turn at the bar

Toodlepip:tophat:

The speed at which the regulator worked at to get an approval has been completely undermined; it has taken 7 weeks to reach an average of 400k people per week, which is still not a great amount - at current rates it is still going to take the best part of two years

The Logistical challenges have been obvious for over three Months, maybe longer, and nothing has been done to put that right.

GPs having to sign changes to contracts, but being advised not to by LMCs helped (unions, eh?)
Anaphylaxic shock thus massively changing the bottleneck has had no effect.

Freezers that can store at -70 can, contrary to logic and physics, be pulled out of people arses.

Getting in touch with over the 80s cohort is a doddle as they're all looking at their mobile phones all day.

Transportation to a hub/hospital for this cohort is piece of piss, many can simply jog if they don't want to drive. They could use public transport and try to get natural immunity, thus saving a jab.

Yeah, agreed a shamble, dunno what the fuck the problem is TBH.

Very confusing results being presented from trials of Sinovac.
Seems like it might be very good against severe disease but fairly poor against mild disease. That's the way around that you would choose, but still not ideal.

I have somehow managed to get the virus again (Tr2). I have been much worse this time. 5 days into it and I feel as bad as day 1. Headaches, dizziness, nausea, nose bleeds, 2 bob bits, lethargic, aching from head to toe and sweating like Mao when its his turn at the bar

Sorry to hear that. Get well soon.
Sound pretty unusual. When did you get it first time?

Very confusing results being presented from trials of Sinovac.
Seems like it might be very good against severe disease but fairly poor against mild disease. That's the way around that you would choose, but still not ideal.

Indeed.

I think as a nation/planet this 'zero covid' mantra needs quashing. It is within all possibilities that it's an endemic virus which will claim many lives each year. As long as it makes the vast majority ill with some fatalities (roughly in line with seasonal flu) that should be 'enough' for life to return. IMO.

GPs having to sign changes to contracts, but being advised not to by LMCs helped (unions, eh?)
Anaphylaxic shock thus massively changing the bottleneck has had no effect.

Freezers that can store at -70 can, contrary to logic and physics, be pulled out of people arses.

Getting in touch with over the 80s cohort is a doddle as they're all looking at their mobile phones all day.

Transportation to a hub/hospital for this cohort is piece of piss, many can simply jog if they don't want to drive. They could use public transport and try to get natural immunity, thus saving a jab.

Yeah, agreed a shamble, dunno what the fuck the problem is TBH.
I agree that these are very real challenges, but they could have been foreseen and perhaps addressed more quickly. Or do you genuinely think there was no room for improvement? How long have we had to track down all those out-of-contact octogenarians travelling around India on their gap year?
How long have we known that to use the pfizer jab we would need to store it in cold freezers?
How long have we had to set up travel arrangements for patients?

Indeed.

I think as a nation/planet this 'zero covid' mantra needs quashing. It is within all possibilities that it's an endemic virus which will claim many lives each year. As long as it makes the vast majority ill with some fatalities (roughly in line with seasonal flu) that should be 'enough' for life to return. IMO.
It would have been a good target. Instead the gov seems to have thought having a massive population of infected citizens carrying a highly infectious disease was in some way sustainable. Hospital patients being moved to hotels, high capacity racks of cold storage for corpses, and all the other horrors we are witnessing, suggests not. #CovidShambles.

To follow your idea, we will need substantial extra capacity in hospitals to cope each winter. I suppose we can use the brexit dividend to pay for it..?

It would have been a good target. Instead the gov seems to have thought having a massive population of infected citizens carrying a highly infectious disease was in some way sustainable. Hospital patients being moved to hotels, high capacity racks of cold storage for corpses, and all the other horrors we are witnessing, suggests not. #CovidShambles.

To follow your idea, we will need substantial extra capacity in hospitals to cope each winter. I suppose we can use the brexit dividend to pay for it..?

That was Valance, he's quoted back in March pushing herd immunity.

Anyway, back to @mao tse tung and his privatisation plans for the NHS.

I happen to somewhat agree with this...
The Logistical operation supplying the immunisation points is not fit for purpose, and there are no signs of improvement - if these people had been running a commercial operation and not a state funded one, they would have lost the contract a long time ago.

But what about cronyism?? I can see a whirling dervish here.

If nothing else, it shows the NHS needs a grown-up conversation about modernising, without the wets of the world circling their waggons around it.

Rest, rest and rest!

Things won't carry on at the current rates though will they. It does make me laugh that you think 400, 000 a week is not "a great amount". You have to compare us with other countries, as we face the same problems as them. Germany had to stop the rollout of the Pfizer vaccine because of storage problems. France barely got started. The Oxford vaccine has been in use for little more than a week. For safety reasons people have to be watched for 15 minutes at the moment, which rules out small pharmacies. Some of these restrictions could be eased after a bit. Either way, the number of centres is being continuously expanded, and we are already way ahead of 400,00 a week.

So the buck stops with Boris, that we are inoculating many times more than most others in the World?

Just trying to understand why the rules flip depending if the news is good or bad.

It maybe forum banter, an inability to praise people you dislike, or dogmatic political blindness.

Either one it must be, because logical it is not.

The only reason you are desperately clinging to this vaccine & mentioning it in every other post is it’s the only thing that has been done by the government that has actually helped anything