#COVID19 | Page 693 | Vital Football

#COVID19

I was told that we would start getting vaccine access in mid-December. Still nothing. I have got over 100 test kits though, which are a waste of time because we get access to testing anyway.

Thank goodness for that

There was some discussion on Twitter of moving to a 24/7 vaccination schedule.

That would be incredible if it could be achieved and would make an incredible difference to the economy.

Problems are obvious in terms of demands on staffing though

That’s a pipe dream at the mo.
When Mrs Strett heard that she laughed about having to sort current issues out first.
She was expecting 975 Pfizer ones today for a 14:00 vaccine push at care homes, they received 75! Human error apparently, promised tomorrow.

Hopefully these are teething issues and the Oxford one is far easier.

That’s a pipe dream at the mo.
When Mrs Strett heard that she laughed about having to sort current issues out first.
She was expecting 975 Pfizer ones today for a 14:00 vaccine push at care homes, they received 75! Human error apparently, promised tomorrow.

Hopefully these are teething issues and the Oxford one is far easier.
We have been told to expect 1000 lateral flow tests and PPE equipment at 8am on Monday, via parcel force.

Let's see when they arrive.

You say that- I have just spoken to my head and neither of us actually know when we are open, and to who.

We think we are closed to everyone next week, except for testing, but we don't know when that is.

We don't know if we are remote teaching everyone or no one next week. Currently waiting for DFE guidance and Williamson really wasnt clear.

Not sure if we have year 11 and 13 in the following week or not, or if we are just remote teaching them.

As usual, a shambles. If we aren't remote teaching next week at least, why not? I don't get it.

Apparently these tests take 7m per student to administer. They have to be done in a room on their own, and they then need to be sent into another room to wait 30 mins for the result. Some schools have nearly 2000 pupils and a couple of hundred staff

I should have said london and yes im sure they are in a similar situation. If only we had used some of those vaccines to target frontline workers instead of tory voters. Oh well, even these muppets will get on top eventually. None of us will have any hair left tho having ripped it all out in frustration

Do you know which hospitals are in her area? Which ones are covered?
I bet NUH is different and probably the Brum city Mao refers, but she covers a rural area in which ‘most frontline staff’ have been vaccinated.
Now step away please.

You claimed most frontline NHS staff had been vaccinated which is patently bollocks. You then claimed her word as proof. Now it's just in one small rural area lol

took cple of weeks to give first jabs, maybe 2nd doses done within a month? Thats half a million people a month, 60mil to vaccinate, everyone will be vaccinated within 10 years

:shrug:

I just do what I'm told. With a highly trained medical professional like me administering these tests, what could possibly go wrong?

well, in the trials they literally gave wrong doses to thousands right? I mean, it could just as easily have been an overdose with serious consequences. Inept as every other institution

well, in the trials they literally gave wrong doses to thousands right? I mean, it could just as easily have been an overdose with serious consequences. Inept as every other institution
How do you overdose on a virus test?

What are you even talking about? Because it isn't the same thing as we were talking about, at all

Steady on chap.

We all like a good ruck but surely partners should be off limits

Fair comment, it was unnecessary. He just frustrates me because he's bright and articulate and more importantly offers a different perspective that's worthy of debate. However he mostly behaves like a WUM and uses spurious at best evidence but more frequently just plain old lies. It's exhausting with the world we live in.

took cple of weeks to give first jabs, maybe 2nd doses done within a month? Thats half a million people a month, 60mil to vaccinate, everyone will be vaccinated within 10 years

They are ramping up to target 2m/week by mid Jan.

Fair comment, it was unnecessary. He just frustrates me because he's bright and articulate and more importantly offers a different perspective that's worthy of debate. However he mostly behaves like a WUM and uses spurious at best evidence but more frequently just plain old lies. It's exhausting with the world we live in.

Accepted, but I don't lie. I am passing on info from the OH. I don't claim to know what's going on elsewhere in the country/area outside her patch.
Also what I post regarding the vaccines, etc. have no agenda. I want this sorted as much as the next person. I report successes and shortcomings of what is happening (I shouldn't, and if she found out she's flay me).

Regarding this vaccine and the at-risk/front line staff; what is happening is the excess after the patients have been vaccinated, is being used on the staff; even hospital admin NHS staff are having it in preference to throwing it away. This is not reported as it would, quite rightly be controversial. It is a failing of the people charged with organising the role out, but also the very challenging nature of the Pfizer one and the short shelf life it has.

Can't think why this would be controversial. Surely it would be so if they were just throwing unused vaccines away? Seems pretty obvious that the roll out of the process will be fraught with similar situations

Can't think why this would be controversial. Surely it would be so if they were just throwing unused vaccines away? Seems pretty obvious that the roll out of the process will be fraught with similar situations

I think because there are other folks who are in greater need and it would be viewed (correctly IMO) as poor planning on the part of the NHS.