#COVID19 | Page 327 | Vital Football

#COVID19

I didnt say he wasnt effective but the mafia is effective. I said he achieved effectiveness by lies and spin but unlike previous regimes crossed way over the line of integrity with severe consequences for our society.

While ever he is in a job the one message coming over loud and clear is that while we have to suck it up, they do whatever they feel like.

To quote a great man,

Sick of this shit chaps.
And analytics, so that the lies and spin were directed for maximum effect. Quite clever.

That's not what I'm seeing but it does piss me off when you have bleeding hearts for someone who doesn't even have one.

The stuff about Cummings's 'harrassment' outside his house. They were his neighbours!

Owen Jones, James O'Brien and Jess Phillips all tweeted that he should have the crime number of all the direct threats he has had; they all do. And how was he being harassed under lockdown anyway?

I wonder where such people are when the Daily Mail runs another Meghan Markle hit piece? Or these Tories pleading harassment when Starmer is attacked for buying his mum a field for rescue donkeys?

Not trying to engage in whataboutary, just trying to point to hypocrisy from some of the hacks I have seen on twitter

A friend (who is also a teacher, wrote this to his MP yesterday:

Dear Mr Stafford,

As a constituent I would like to add my voice to those that have expressed their dismay at the government’s handling of the Dominic Cummings revelations.

As one of the many Conservative MPs that benefitted from voters switching from Labour, it’s vital that you maintain the trust that was placed in you.
The excuses that are being trotted out are an erosion of that trust, and indeed, the trust in Public Health messages and in politics and politicians. It’s truly insulting to hear intelligent men, such as Michael Gove, opine ridiculous arguments (most egregiously over the best way to test your eyesight if you are concerned about a deterioration in vision) that would not fool an averagely bright 8-year-old. This is treating the public, and by extension, your constituents with contempt.
Like many I have been deeply struck by the sacrifices made by our fellow countrymen and women (the like of which we have not seen since World War 2).
Clearly the dismay we feel is also tinged with anger that the sacrifices made by the general public were not matched by those in elite circles.
I look forward to hearing your response and hope you will use your influence to ensure that the government is pressurised into a more honest and responsible position.
Yours,

Seems to sum it up

My chap is in an uber safe seat but generally he's decent in his constituency.

I used to write to my MP, the legendary Dennis Skinner, who would phone you back within a day or two.
The problem then was getting him off the phone.

I think it's fairly safe to say that he was one of the best constituency MPs going. We're unlikely to see his like again and he'll be sorely missed.

I used to write to my MP, the legendary Dennis Skinner, who would phone you back within a day or two.

I think it's fairly safe to say that he was one of the best constituency MPs going. We're unlikely to see his like again and he'll be sorely missed.
Shouldn't have voted him out then.

Bet your flash new Tory doesn't call back within a day or two

Shouldn't have voted him out then.

Bet your flash new Tory doesn't call back within a day or two

Unfortunately our voting system does not discern this. I'd have kept Skinner in Westminster in a heartbeat, but alas, kept Corbyn out of No10, ever so slightly quicker.

From a 27k Labour majority in 1997, to a 5k Tory one now. Crazy

Not today they won't, although the select committee may well get him to lose his temper again.

He's been PM for nearly a year and this is his first select committee.

I see why you were so confident about PMQ’s yesterday. Might have known you’d know about their holidays given politicians seem to be the only profession who get more holidays than teachers.

People like you turned on his Labour party to get Brexit done

NO SHAME

I sent an email to Lee Anderson (Ashfield MP) the other day (around 7pm), not about the Cumgate saga, he called me at 9am the following morning.

Lee was office manager for the former Labour Ashfield MP (Gloria De Piero), but switched to conservative in 2018 - he knows how precarious his position is and stressed how keen he was to represent the area (as an ex miner), as a local - rather than as a disconnected career politician.

I suppose we'll have to see how that goes.