#COVID19 | Page 310 | Vital Football

#COVID19

QUOTE="Pope John XXIII, post: 2295360, member: 9042"]Every other parent who has had COVID has had to stay at home and cope, because that was what we were told to do. The guidance was that this was to save lives.

View attachment 39544It says "stay at home" three separate times, not "do whatever you think best, even if that means driving 264 miles".

How many families have just done their best to cope because of this? Everyone who has followed these rules should be incandescent about this.

And every one of us is now wondering whether to bother with following the letter of these restrictions when the ones making the rules do whatever they want and the government aggressively defend them for doing so.[/QUOTE]
As I say I don't think that the decision he made for the child was a bad one.Furthermore ,although I agree the government's advice given has not been the best,the government website does state that those with children should try and fulfill the advice as best as possible. Hence indicating that having a situation such as 2 parents with covid with a 4 year old child may be an exception for example.

This is the Spectator today; hardly a leftie rag; Cummings's wife is an executive for this magazine.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/why-dominic-cummings-must-go/amp?__twitter_impression=true

The suspicion remains that somewhere, deep in their hearts, the cabinet’s collective reaction to this scandal – for such it is – is predicated on a still darker appreciation of an unwelcome political reality. Namely that the Prime Minister, whatever his other talents, is not actually up to the job of running the country in a moment such as this. I suspect they know this too and this leads them to a situation in which they decline to concede anything for fear that a single concession might topple the entire rickety edifice.
So true.

="Ingy, post: 2295384, member:
As I say I don't think that the decision he made for the child was a bad one.Furthermore ,although I agree the government's advice given has not been the best,the government website does state that those with children should try and fulfill the advice as best as possible. Hence indicating that having a situation such as 2 parents with covid with a 4 year old child may be an exception for example.
"Fulfill the advice as best as possible" is referring to isolating at home and avoiding giving it to others. It follows paragraphs of advice on what to do if you contract COVID.

Not driving 264 miles while I'll to your parents, when your wife's sister lives in the same city as you

Last edited:
QUOTE="Pope John XXIII, post: 2295360, member: 9042"]Every other parent who has had COVID has had to stay at home and cope, because that was what we were told to do. The guidance was that this was to save lives.

View attachment 39544It says "stay at home" three separate times, not "do whatever you think best, even if that means driving 264 miles".

How many families have just done their best to cope because of this? Everyone who has followed these rules should be incandescent about this.

And every one of us is now wondering whether to bother with following the letter of these restrictions when the ones making the rules do whatever they want and the government aggressively defend them for doing so.
As I say I don't think that the decision he made for the child was a bad one.Furthermore ,although I agree the government's advice given has not been the best,the government website does state that those with children should try and fulfill the advice as best as possible. Hence indicating that having a situation such as 2 parents with covid with a 4 year old child may be an exception for example.[/QUOTE]
Unable to get essentials? Come on, Ingy. That's a bit of a stretch? Couldn't anyone have dropped off some bread and bog roll?

He felt up to driving all that distance and dancing in the garden.

Also, the spin machine isn't even consistent. Raab thinks both parents had it; other ministers say only the mother had it! Either way, he was fit enough to drive and dance...

Perhaps the parents had more room available for self isolation...how do I know? My original post was if we were given a true account of events then I don't see it as a bad decision to make.Whether someone would need to drive 1 Mile or 500 miles being in a car themselves wouldn't affect anyone else.

Perhaps the parents had more room available for self isolation...how do I know? My original post was if we were given a true account of events then I don't see it as a bad decision to make.Whether someone would need to drive 1 Mile or 500 miles being in a car themselves wouldn't affect anyone else.

But the whole point of the 'stay at home' was supposedly to prevent the spread. If the kid had been living in a household with CV-19 then there was a good chance he'd have it. By taking him to the grandparents it then potentially infects that house and also another area.

But the whole point of the 'stay at home' was supposedly to prevent the spread. If the kid had been living in a household with CV-19 then there was a good chance he'd have it. By taking him to the grandparents it then potentially infects that house and also another area.
And we are assuming that they didn't stop off anywhere. 264 miles is a hell of a long way all in one go.

Are we pretending that they didn't have to take their child into a service station for a wee at any point?

They stopped at some point. They must have done. I don't even know if service stations are open, but they had to have stopped somewhere and everyone around them was put in danger.

What does this have to do with what i wrote? I'm not trying to present a narrative based on one tweet taken from a number. Where did I do that? What does it have to do with competency of far left or far right groups?

Kuenssberg provides zero analysis of Cummings here in this instance. On the BBC site there is analysis, which claims that Cummings' actions have caused 'much debate', which is a pathetic way of analyzing the response to his breaking of the lockdown rules.

If you trust the BBC to truly hold the government to account, as journalists should be doing, that's your call. I don't. I don't think the BBC is actual journalism, but more of a PR company for the government when it comes to these issues. You never see a BBC journalist actually investigate whether the government has done something wrong, they just report the accusation and the give the government's response.

I'd rather read journalism from sources that actually allow their journalists to be honest in their analysis instead of hedging absolutely everything just in case the government pulls funding.

That's not the BBC's job, they report the news, they aren't supposed to add polemic.

Aa always on the right or left if the narrative doesn't exactly match their own they claim bias.

And taking one tweet out of context when there were numerous others is ridiculous. Of course the government's response should be included.

Oh, and if you're looking for analysis from a platform that limits you to 280 characters lol

Unable to get essentials? Come on, Ingy. That's a bit of a stretch? Couldn't anyone have dropped off some bread and bog roll?

Al.[/QUOTE]
If both parents have covid with a 4 year old then common sense tells me that being near family in case the child is placed in a vulnerable situation is a good decision.As I said in my original post I am only talking about the decision he made under the circumstances and if they a re the true events chap.

This is the Spectator today; hardly a leftie rag; Cummings's wife is an executive for this magazine.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/why-dominic-cummings-must-go/amp?__twitter_impression=true

The suspicion remains that somewhere, deep in their hearts, the cabinet’s collective reaction to this scandal – for such it is – is predicated on a still darker appreciation of an unwelcome political reality. Namely that the Prime Minister, whatever his other talents, is not actually up to the job of running the country in a moment such as this. I suspect they know this too and this leads them to a situation in which they decline to concede anything for fear that a single concession might topple the entire rickety edifice.

Whilst The Spectator is a bit more centrist in that it does allow contributions from Labour and Lib Dem guys and the editorial content is certainly more centrist that the current government, it's been a Tory rag for hundreds of years, so saying that the whole Cabinet needs to go and the PM isn't up to the job is pretty strong.

I wonder if they've ever been ever been so harsh on a Tory government in their 300 odd year history?! (yes, I'm aware the Tories have only been around for about 200 years).

You were calling Morgan for trying to hold the tories to account.
I was sticking up for Morgan. What's your problem?

Also I'm still waiting for you to state where I've distorted the truth. And I also asked you that you must admire Corbyn for taking on the establishment.

Here we go again the far left!!! While the tories have governed with some far right policies.

As I said, I understand why you just like soundbites rather than actual journalism. It's a bit sad how many are drawn to tabloid journalism rather than actual analysis but hey ho.

That's not the BBC's job, they report the news, they aren't supposed to add polemic.

Aa always on the right or left if the narrative doesn't exactly match their own they claim bias.

And taking one tweet out of context when there were numerous others is ridiculous. Of course the government's response should be included.

Oh, and if you're looking for analysis from a platform that limits you to 280 characters lol
Again nothing you are writing has anything to do with what i'm talking about. I feel like you have labelled me far left and are just conflating my opinions with other posters instead of reading the words on the page.

I'm not talking about a tweet, about twitter, or about tweeting.

I'm talking about BBC News, the channel, the website.

Can't argue with that chap.I suppose it depends on whether they have separate accomodation at the property.As I say they should only be there in case of an emergency for their child and not put others at risk.

Again nothing you are writing has anything to do with what i'm talking about. I feel like you have labelled me far left and are just conflating my opinions with other posters instead of reading the words on the page.

I'm not talking about a tweet, about twitter, or about tweeting.

I'm talking about BBC News, the channel, the website.

The aim is to report news, not edititoralise. What are you expecting?

Can't argue with that chap.I suppose it depends on whether they have separate accomodation at the property.As I say they should only be there in case of an emergency for their child and not put others at risk.

Prefer Cluedo but Risk is OK chap? By the way, how is that board game loving freak AC?