#COVID19 | Page 308 | Vital Football

#COVID19

Also this is what real investigative journalism looks like, actually holding the Government to account. Not fucking Piers Morgan on twitter.
I think Morgan done a great job trying to hold this govt to account. And really shows this Tory govt for what it is by refusing to send ministers on the GMB.

Also I see the bbc are doing all they can to protect the govt.

I've been wondering what big story Cummings might have been saving for a day like today. Time will tell I guess.

Plan A is suppressing your name trending on Twitter.

Plan B is to roll out Gove, Raab and 'Number 10' (himself).

He has had Raab and Gove's balls in a vice for a long time so it was no surprise they have jumped to his defence. A few others in his pocket too. I'd expect JRM to point out that this is absolutely fine and any plebs that don't understand why it is absolutely fine should defer to those who went to Eton for proper guidance on such matters.

Any bets on Boris delivering the daily briefing today?? :rotfl:

I'm the exception. I'm only going from memory , but you end up in arguments and insulting people even on the Forest thread, not to mention the same in Labour discussions when I'm not here. I'm not callous. We live in a world where the Tories are being moaned at for whatever they do. The demographics on here just hate the Tories full stop. I'm sure they have made some wrong decisions, but I've seen no criticism of Labour in Wales (why didn't they lockdown early), or the SNP in Scotland (hid the Nike? conference infection) etc.

You blame the Tories for 60,000 deaths. Did they kill the people in France, Spain, Italy,Sweden, Belgium etc too ? Have you allowed for the fact they were put in an impossible situation, that the science advice was conflicting or poor, that England is the most densely populated large country in Europe , obesity etc.

What is callous about stating the fact that people will die from non-covid illnesses if things don't get back to normal. What is callous about actually stating scientific views. I don't pretend to know if they are right, but they are the best info we have.

Interesting to read that whilst the Unions are doing their best to stop the country getting back to work, Starmer has been sending his own children to school. People talk about schools "re-opening". As far as I can tell, some of them never even closed, though I appreciate that dealing with more will be difficult.

Also strange that independent sage said the risk of a child dying at school is about the same as the risk of them dying in a traffic accident. So sending them back to school is "callous", but letting them die of sepsis, traffic accidents etc out of school is ok .
What is wrong with you?

Why are you incapable of staying on topic, or obsessed with mixing something said about one issue with something unrelated on another.

You come across as a very callous individual on here.

However, you then trot out 'callous' as if it were an accusation made about a totally unrelated topic (and I have no idea why you are bringing up schools to me yet again when the issue under debate is young adults breaking the lockdown).

There is a very big and obvious difference between this country and other European countries; we caught it at least two weeks later. Two previous week's were afforded to us to learn from those countries and prepare. We squandered them; the PL was on holiday and couldn't even be arsed to attend the Cobra meetings.

The countries least prepared for it should be the ones that suffer most from it. If it hit us unexpectedly, as in other countries, you could accept that. To say we were one of the later ones to catch it and we were still unprepared is an utter disgrace.

To my knowledge, the government's of Wales and Scotland have no power to call a full lockdown of the whole country. Given that Johnson wasn't sure the UK government had that power either, I think you are stretching credulity to blame Labour for doing something that surely only the national government could have sanctioned.

To my knowledge, the government's of Wales and Scotland have no power to call a full lockdown of the whole country. Given that Johnson wasn't sure the UK government had that power either, I think you are stretching credulity to blame Labour for doing something that surely only the national government could have sanctioned.

The Scottish and Welsh Parliaments have introduced different regulations in the last week or so. They are also responsible for health . If they can introduce different policies on lockdown in the last week, why couldn't they have done that weeks ago?

It does make me laugh that rather than discuss topics, you seem to be more interested in telling me what I can and can't discuss. All the topics in my post have been discussed on here. I thought we lived in a democracy, with free speech, which appears to be something you don't believe in.

Regarding schools the BMA who were against schools re-opening actually changed tack the following day. Starmer is sending his children to school, where there might not be many children, but many will be children of NHS workers, transport workers etc who could be more easily infected.

I'm not knocking Starmer (though admittedly I can't stand the bloke) , quite the opposite. It does seem that he thinks schools are safe places for his children though, or is he just callous like me ?

You can tell Pope doesn't believe in free speech from the way he has been pushing the government to make it illegal for lienking to go off topic.

I've been wondering what big story Cummings might have been saving for a day like today. Time will tell I guess.

Plan A is suppressing your name trending on Twitter.

Plan B is to roll out Gove, Raab and 'Number 10' (himself).

He has had Raab and Gove's balls in a vice for a long time so it was no surprise they have jumped to his defence. A few others in his pocket too. I'd expect JRM to point out that this is absolutely fine and any plebs that don't understand why it is absolutely fine should defer to those who went to Eton for proper guidance on such matters.

Any bets on Boris delivering the daily briefing today?? :rotfl:
... And there goes the Health Secretary, claiming Cummings was "entirely right" (in going against the advice of, err, the Health Secretary)!

So many balls in the same vice.

Come on, where's Priti?? Surely she's feeling the pressure by now?

The Scottish and Welsh Parliaments have introduced different regulations in the last week or so. They are also responsible for health . If they can introduce different policies on lockdown in the last week, why couldn't they have done that weeks ago?

It does make me laugh that rather than discuss topics, you seem to be more interested in telling me what I can and can't discuss. All the topics in my post have been discussed on here. I thought we lived in a democracy, with free speech, which appears to be something you don't believe in.

Regarding schools the BMA who were against schools re-opening actually changed tack the following day. Starmer is sending his children to school, where there might not be many children, but many will be children of NHS workers, transport workers etc who could be more easily infected.

I'm not knocking Starmer (though admittedly I can't stand the bloke) , quite the opposite. It does seem that he thinks schools are safe places for his children though, or is he just callous like me ?
Out of interest, what is it about him that you can't stand? Surely not competence. Do you think he would be a better pm than the current idiot?

Oh don't make me laugh. One minute you say I want you to die, the next you accuse me of attacking your free speech because I point out your irrelevant points.

The discussion I am having with you is about the topic in hand; young adults and their reaction to lockdown. Perhaps you want to tell me why, when conversing with a teacher about that topic, you are so insistent on steering the conversation onto the reopening of schools? This is a two way conversation, so actually yes; I do get some degree of say in what we talk about. Why do you want to talk to me about that ?

She is being a journalist reporting on what the government said???
There's an interesting area that Kuenssberg operates in though, isn't there? Its like defending the government but in a deniable way. She doesn't really defend the government but could be accused of it, but she never, ever attacks the government.
I don't really think its BBC bias more than a systemic issue where the journalists who are happy to do little more than repeat the government's weak denials and excuses are more likely to end up at the top of the profession, especially in the BBC. The BBC wouldn't want to lose access after all, would they?

There's an interesting area that Kuenssberg operates in though, isn't there? Its like defending the government but in a deniable way. She doesn't really defend the government but could be accused of it, but she never, ever attacks the government.
I don't really think its BBC bias more than a systemic issue where the journalists who are happy to do little more than repeat the government's weak denials and excuses are more likely to end up at the top of the profession, especially in the BBC. The BBC wouldn't want to lose access after all, would they?
The BBC is absolutely shit scared of attacking the government for fear their license fee will be taken away.

I am.sure that has been explicitly stated behind closed doors, in unminuted meetings; tow the line or we destroy you.

I think Morgan done a great job trying to hold this govt to account. And really shows this Tory govt for what it is by refusing to send ministers on the GMB.

Also I see the bbc are doing all they can to protect the govt.

What are you babbling on about? Their first two stories are about Cummings.

I'm unsurprised that you value tabloid journalism and twitter sound bites above actual investigative reporting or unbiased news.

Again BS with one tweet taken from a number to present a narrative. The far left really are as bad as the right, just less competent.