#COVID19 | Page 149 | Vital Football

#COVID19

That wasn't a general comment on science, it was specific to the response in this country. Lots climate science is brilliant, I just have been frustrated at how ineffective scientists have actually been at communicating and persuading power of it's importance and urgency. The most effective advocates we've had are an economist and a schoolgirl.

They've failed in the UK and USA also for this current crisis. Perhaps they were always fated too given the administrations involved, but that doesn't mean they've been effective.

Knowledge is largely useless if it's disregarded and even more so with the likes of Trump or I'm sick of experts Raab at the wheel they need to find a new way to communicate.

The neutrality argument is a cop out when we are facing such profoundly challenging times.

The real cop out is lumping all that responsibility onto experts, scientists or someone else.

The scientific thing to is ask why knowledge is becoming less effectual (as you have already defined the problem) or why a schoolgirl has more influence. How about a 'simple' one to start with- why do people smoke despite the scientific knowledge available?

Maybe go back a few pips where some wise soul pointed out authority does not like to have its assumptions challenged. They could have added that none of us do!

Far less famous using Twitter as a measure.

Bjorn Lomborg
@BjornLomborg
Author of 'Cool It' and 'Skeptical Environmentalist', director of the Copenhagen Consensus think tank
Praguelomborg.comJoined December 2009
126 Following
64.9K Followers

Nicholas Stern
@lordstern1
President of the British Academy, Professor of Economics and Government & Chair of the Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment at LSE
London, EnglandJoined July 2016
12 Following
5,656 Followers

Oh dear....
Maybe he should be doing more to put across his point more effectively?

Lmao i know stern (not personally!). Have never heard of the other guy. Tbf these economists are two a penny imho

There is clear scientific consensus on climate change and personally I salute the Brazilian scientists for instance who have ran for office in the wake of the current government denying there is any sort of crisis.

By being active voices in the community science can raise awareness within the public and political arena which impacts perception and policy making.

Abstract ivory towers aren't much use.

I believe this passionately, you must practice and get in the field. However, you do need both ends of the rope, without a theoretical understanding you dont know why you are doing what you are doing.

Ivory towers have their uses but their occupants need to get out more. Not surprising their lack of influence when you consider how much experience some of em have in talking to normal people.

I believe this passionately, you must practice and get in the field. However, you do need both ends of the rope, without a theoretical understanding you dont know why you are doing what you are doing.

Ivory towers have their uses but their occupants need to get out more. Not surprising their lack of influence when you consider how much experience some of em have in talking to normal people.
The view is nice from my ivory tower though...

At the risk of sounding defensive again, I'm still wondering who these "normal people" are that scientists (and the metropolitan elite) successfully quarantine themselves from.
Is it shop workers, dentists, bar staff, builders, students, coffee shop baristas, youth workers, office administrators, postal workers, journalists, sales reps, delivery drivers, car mechanics, politicians, hairdressers, teachers, cab drivers, painters, the police, healthcare workers, etc, etc? That sort of person?

If so, you're absolutely right, neither I nor any of my colleagues have seen one of these rare animals in years.

:rolleyes:

I'm not sure what it is Gates has said that has got your goat, but it is possible to want to save lives and also reduce the population of humans on earth. If that's what he hopes will happen then I am in full support!

I can't see what his efforts have been to reduce numbers in the longer term (I'm guessing maybe some sort of contraception initiatives?), but it is quite clear that he has poured unimaginable wealth into saving lives.

I have had to put up with his stalker tendencies for years

You have just experienced the full plums package

There are a few on here that do exactly the same thing

Most of them are from the clique

They all follow a pattern

They are arrogant
Have serious bullying issues
Think they are funny with their repeated pathetic in jokes
They will claim you are having a meltdown
They have multiple accounts and often back them selves up in debates
They will try to character assassinate you by saying you are unhinged
They are copy and past merchants
They will grass on you or put out little hints out to the MODS to try and get you banned
They will try to get in to a debate ( argument ) with you and try and carry it on for pages over the smallest of details
They will try and get in to arguments with you over things that you debated with them over many years and then ask you to go over this shit many times ( I can't be arsed most of the time ) yet somehow can remember shit when it suites them
They are always the first ones to be nasty to any new posters or people they disagree with but magically it is always you that started it somehow

Woanz
Pope
App
Plums

Are the ones most guilty of most of the things above but there are a few others
And out of nowhere you join an argument that has nothing to do with you and drag three more non-participants into it that you have a personal axe to grind with.

Check those angel wings of yours DF, I think they may have got a bit dirty while you were throwing stones in your glass house

I'm not sure what it is Gates has said that has got your goat, but it is possible to want to save lives and also reduce the population of humans on earth. If that's what he hopes will happen then I am in full support!

I can't see what his efforts have been to reduce numbers in the longer term (I'm guessing maybe some sort of contraception initiatives?), but it is quite clear that he has poured unimaginable wealth into saving lives.

Don't you think anyone with a depopulation agenda (by whatever means) is playing God?

Depopulation happens with reduced poverty anyway.

You don't need to introduce controls, just make people wealthier. Population growth in wealthy western countries has been flatlining for years. In Japan it's actually going down

And out of nowhere you join an argument that has nothing to do with you and drag three more non-participants into it that you have a personal axe to grind with.

Check those angel wings of yours DF, I think they may have got a bit dirty while you were throwing stones in your glass house

I'm not wrong though Pope am I

It's just an observation

A pretty accurate one too

You don't need to introduce controls, just make people wealthier. Population growth in wealthy western countries has been flatlining for years. In Japan it's actually going down
I'm interested to know what controls have ever been brought in other than in China? Do you know of any throughout history?

Perhaps that should be Gates' mission then, along with the other unbelievably wealthy 'philanthropists', instead of trying to do it through reducing childhood mortality with vaccines.

Bill Gates might be 100% philanthropic, he might genuinely care about every human on the planet. My question is though, yeah he either gives a lot away (or he spends a lot on another agenda under this guise), why does he sit on so much wealth that he can never spend?

Let's just suppose for a second that depopulation is an actual agenda of the so-called 'elite'. This pandemic certainly gives them the opportunity to put whatever they want (which makes them infertile, early death, etc) into the bodies of every single person on this planet because this vaccine will either be mandatory or you will be prevented from joining in with society if you haven't had it. Not to mention the money that's going to be made from vaccinated 7.8bn people (and that's just the first round)

EDIT: Just as a final point, the 'elite' have absolutely no intention of making Africa and its citizens wealthy. Instead they rape the countries of wealth through the World Bank and IMF.

Last edited:
Yeah, you are. Quite badly wrong.

But it is interesting to see how you perceive it

Naaa you are very much guilty of most of those things in that list Pope

Some self awareness won't do you any harm

Cue trying to turn my own words against me and a 1500 word essay trying to get into a semantic debate

I have had to put up with his stalker tendencies for years

You have just experienced the full plums package

There are a few on here that do exactly the same thing

Most of them are from the clique

They all follow a pattern

They are arrogant
Have serious bullying issues
Think they are funny with their repeated pathetic in jokes
They will claim you are having a meltdown
They have multiple accounts and often back them selves up in debates
They will try to character assassinate you by saying you are unhinged
They are copy and past merchants
They will grass on you or put out little hints out to the MODS to try and get you banned
They will try to get in to a debate ( argument ) with you and try and carry it on for pages over the smallest of details
They will try and get in to arguments with you over things that you debated with them over many years and then ask you to go over this shit many times ( I can't be arsed most of the time ) yet somehow can remember shit when it suites them
They are always the first ones to be nasty to any new posters or people they disagree with but magically it is always you that started it somehow

Woanz
Pope
App
Plums

Are the ones most guilty of most of the things above but there are a few others

+1

This is why I placed that pathetic clique on ignore many years ago the vile cretins

Perhaps that should be Gates' mission then, along with the other unbelievably wealthy 'philanthropists', instead of trying to do it through reducing childhood mortality with vaccines.

Bill Gates might be 100% philanthropic, he might genuinely care about every human on the planet. My question is though, yeah he either gives a lot away (or he spends a lot on another agenda under this guise), why does he sit on so much wealth that he can never spend?

Let's just suppose for a second that depopulation is an actual agenda of the so-called 'elite'. This pandemic certainly gives them the opportunity to put whatever they want (which makes them infertile, early death, etc) into the bodies of every single person on this planet because this vaccine will either be mandatory or you will be prevented from joining in with society if you haven't had it. Not to mention the money that's going to be made from vaccinated 7.8bn people (and that's just the first round)
Having just read that entire post, I have to say that I have precisely zero interest in having this discussion with you. I'm simply not going to entertain this sort of stuff.

I'm sure someone else will, but

_IMG_000000_000000.jpg